Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced $30 1/14

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sad that this March's BioShock Infinite won't be set in Rapture? You'll get a chance to re-visit the beautiful underwater city of the first two BioShock games with the newly announced Ultimate Rapture edition, which will boast an all-new Museum of Orphaned Concepts filled with concept art and character designs that weren't used for Irrational's hit franchise. The new bundle comes out on Jan. 14 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, at a cost of $30. Here's a full rundown of what's inside:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
Official site http://www.bioshockgame.com/ultimaterapture/home.html

...Well, looks like I'm trading in my copy of Bioshock 2 and picking this up. Thanks for posting the announcement, OP!

Also, there's a listing for "Kill 'Em Kindly" under Bioshock 2's DLC, but it isn't in the description you posted. Is that just another multiplayer DLC?

Collectible Stickers? Count me in!

That being said it is a pretty good value if you really like the franchise although Bioshock 1 and 2 can be found for dirt cheap.

[quote name='Vigilante']...Well, looks like I'm trading in my copy of Bioshock 2 and picking this up. Thanks for posting the announcement, OP!

Also, there's a listing for "Kill 'Em Kindly" under Bioshock 2's DLC, but it isn't in the description you posted. Is that just another multiplayer DLC?[/QUOTE]
Multiplayer DLC where you only use melee.

[quote name='harry hood']any clue if the DLC is available on disc or included via downloadable code?[/QUOTE]

According to the product description page it's on the disc.

I would get this, but with Bioshock 1 being on the Infinite disc for PS3, Bioshock 2 being free for PS+ and dirt cheap to buy, I think I'll pass for now.

I think I'm gonna get this. I love both games quite a bit, and I can keep this sealed for a while and keep playing my regular vanilla copies since I have some of the DLC already.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Neither GS or Amazon have a listing for this.[/QUOTE]

Just give it a day or so.

[quote name='barrit']Probably in for 1 as well. Too bad Bioshock 1 & 2 don't have much of a TIV.[/QUOTE]

Wait for Infinite to come out. Prices are always jacked up for the older games after a sequel is released,

I love all the anger in this thread. This was basically outed late last spring and was slated for a late fall release. Even if you do get Bioshock 1 and 2 for free from Infinite and PS Plus you didn't get any of the dlc, which is 35.00 easy if you buy it. This comes with it all + and couple extras, I'll wait a couple weeks and buy it in late Feb so its an easy price match at BB when Infinite comes out and this is inevitably put on sale.

[quote name='MrBoss']They couldnt even wait for next gen when they could of bundled all 3 as HDD remakes![/QUOTE]
as hard drive remakes?

[quote name='potat4o']Totally getting this ... just for the extra level in Bioshock :drool:[/QUOTE]
lol, thinking the same thing!

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']I love all the anger in this thread. This was basically outed late last spring and was slated for a late fall release. Even if you do get Bioshock 1 and 2 for free from Infinite and PS Plus you didn't get any of the dlc, which is 35.00 easy if you buy it. This comes with it all + and couple extras, I'll wait a couple weeks and buy it in late Feb so its an easy price match at BB when Infinite comes out and this is inevitably put on sale.[/QUOTE]

There's not much anger here at all. You're also valuing the DLC as worth full price, which really only Minerva's Den is, and even that goes on sale a few times a year.

[quote name='harry hood']as hard drive remakes?[/QUOTE]

No. Higher Def Def. Since these are already in HD.

Shepsheppard thinks this is a deal and good news. Shep thinks that people who say news =deal in a thread is mad bc they didnt post this deal.

So I presume this actually includes Bioshock 1 & 2? I mean there's no mention of that. It sounds like it's an add-on to your existing game. Not true, right?

I have a 360 but don't own Bioshock 1 or 2 (fail, I know.). Would this be a good deal for a guy looking to get into the series or do new copies run pretty cheap for the standard editions?

[quote name='shepsheppard']Shepsheppard thinks this is a deal and good news. Shep thinks that people who say news =deal in a thread is mad bc they didnt post this deal.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the shep. Good deal to me so stop being bitter.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I have a 360 but don't own Bioshock 1 or 2 (fail, I know.). Would this be a good deal for a guy looking to get into the series or do new copies run pretty cheap for the standard editions?[/QUOTE]

Can't remember the last time I saw a new copy of either. You can find them Used for relatively cheap now, but I'd say for the full experiance grab this.

[quote name='MrBoss']No. Higher Def Def. Since these are already in HD.[/QUOTE]
I don't think my eyes would discern anything past 1080p though.

[quote name='chunlirocks']how the fuck is this a deal
?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you didn't hear about the stickers. :D

CAG: Where it's a rush to say "not a deal".

I'm in for one of these though cause I never got all the DLC for the games, I want the stickers, and the bonus level.

i dont know if i should bite or not. i want the extras for bioshock 1. but i already own bioshock 1 and 2, and 2 was ps+ freebie. i already own minerva's den and protector trials... argh. tough choice. i can flip bio1 to amazon for 7 and 2 to bestbuy for 4, so 11, so $19 worth it...? idk

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']CAG: Where it's a rush to say "not a deal".

I'm in for one of these though cause I never got all the DLC for the games, I want the stickers, and the bonus level.[/QUOTE]

Well, a game being released at MSRP and isn't a CE/LE that runs the risk of selling out isn't a deal.

It's as much of a deal as being able to buy Tomb Raider for $59.99 at Target on release day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']Perfect, I've never played Bioshock or Bioshock 2, so this may be a great way to jump in.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock is probably my favorite game of all time.

[quote name='maximumzero']Perfect, I've never played Bioshock or Bioshock 2, so this may be a great way to jump in.[/QUOTE]

You are missing out, and so am I (on part 2), until now. This solves my inner debate of keeping my 360 CE of Bioshock 2 sealed. I put about 15-20 hrs into part 1 and it was excellent. Looking to replay before I dig into part 2, so this is perfect.

Picked up the B2 CE from Gamestop when it was $20 BF 2011, and because it arrived in absolutely perfect condition, and because of my backlog, I still have not opened it.

[quote name='MrBoss']They couldnt even wait for next gen when they could of bundled all 3 as HDD remakes![/QUOTE]
Oh, they'll still do that too. :lol:

Already have a sealed special edition of BioShock 2 or else I might be interested in this. I dumbly traded in my BS1/Oblivion combo pack for a few bucks a while ago and since then I've wanted to go back and revisit both of those games.

BioShock 2 is waaay underrated. I thought it was a lot better, both mechanically and narratively, than the first game. Plus the multiplayer is fun.

bread's done
Back