Need: Replacement Wall Scroll Rods

WormFOODx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
My daughters got a wall scroll for Christmas but UPS did an OOPS and bent/snapped the rod in transit. Does anyone know where I can get replacement rods other than buying dowels at Home Depot and hurting the scroll by glueing them on?

I thought the wall scrolls have a sleeve for the rod to slide through, why would you have to glue the dowels to the fabric? If you are going to glue it to keep the fabric from sliding off, why not just buy the dowels and some sort of small cabinet knob or something to put on the ends, which would keep it from sliding out.

[quote name='blindinglights']I thought the wall scrolls have a sleeve for the rod to slide through, why would you have to glue the dowels to the fabric? If you are going to glue it to keep the fabric from sliding off, why not just buy the dowels and some sort of small cabinet knob or something to put on the ends, which would keep it from sliding out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your suggestion but I said OTHER than buying a dowel. I WANT to get the ones with the sleeves so I can do it just as you stated.

I know you said you didn't want to use dowels because you didn't want to glue them. I just didn't understand why you would be gluing them to anything...

Do the scrolls not have a sleeve at the top and bottom to put the rods through (like a house flag would have)?

[quote name='blindinglights']I know you said you didn't want to use dowels because you didn't want to glue them. I just didn't understand why you would be gluing them to anything...

Do the scrolls not have a sleeve at the top and bottom to put the rods through (like a house flag would have)?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they don't. It's a seam that you insert into an open slot on the rod itself.

How about using some pvc or other plastic pipe and cutting a slit lengthwise across it so you can slide the edge in. You could probably use a dremel or similar tool to do this.

If we're still not getting it, maybe a pic is in order....

[quote name='m6oo']How about using some pvc or other plastic pipe and cutting a slit lengthwise across it so you can slide the edge in. You could probably use a dremel or similar tool to do this.

If we're still not getting it, maybe a pic is in order....[/QUOTE]

I would say that this is your best bet maybe with some thing to keep tension on the seam (Think thin pvc or waterline pipe with binder clips......) and then run the rope/string through the upper part.

There's also the obvious answer of finding the cheapest one you can find around the same size (one nobody wants) and then loot it for parts. I'd check ebay, or those "Asian Goods" touristy-type shops that usually spring up in the mall.

Or, you could find a nice one that you'd like to use as a table runner (or draped on the back of a chair, etc.); something where you wouldn't need the rods at all.

bread's done
Back