Catherine for $20 (360/PS3) and Binary Domain $15 (360/PS3)

Catherine 360 is also $19.99 on Amazon (3rd party seller, but fulfilled by Amazon).
I submitted a lower price to Amazon for Binary Domain 360 earlier today, but it's still sitting at $16.55 shipped.

Catherine was frustrating as hell, but I really liked the characters and story ... just not the gameplay. Seems like new copies are getting hard to find though, so went ahead and grabbed a ps3 copy.

[quote name='NonShalant']Is Catherine as difficult as reviewers claimed it is? I like puzzle games, but timers usually piss me off[/QUOTE]

Play on easy, and things should be pretty fair/smooth (you do have to think quick...and you'll still probably die, but it's not too hard). If you're one of those players who will only play on hard or wants all of the trophies/achievements, you're probably in for a challenge. Either way, it's worth it for the story.

[quote name='NonShalant']Is Catherine as difficult as reviewers claimed it is? I like puzzle games, but timers usually piss me off[/QUOTE]

As long as you pay attention to the techniques that they teach you in-between levels and play patiently, you'll be fine. It was challenging for me but I never felt like the game was cheating me when I got stuck . The difficulty is fair. But that's just my thoughts on the story mode. The Babel stages however, were designed to crush dreams.

It's not too difficult on the normal setting. You might die a couple times but they give you plenty of lives and checkpoints combined with a rewind feature. I highly recommend it.

edit: Playing on easy may or may not suck for you. You'll miss the ability to skip stages (gold rank) and you won't be ready for the challenge modes.

bread's done
Back