Need Advice on 360 Games!

Mixer236

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
Okay, so I just bought a 360 from a friend after looking into getting one for years. I am a bit of a Sony fanboy but I'm interested in playing Halo and Gears of War... But here's the kicker:

I've never once played any game ever on any Xbox system.
Ever.

I'm obviously aware of the aforementioned games, but I'm not too savvy on what other games are worth my time(also interested in Alan Wake & Witcher 2) as I still prefer and will mostly play my PS3. So this is where I turn to you, CAG! Please give me examples of games *that can only be found on 360, of course* that I should play that can also be found on the cheap, be they retail or XBLA. I enjoy pretty much all games, except generic FPS' & Strategy games.

Thanks!

Look up reviews on x360a.com and check out their individual game forums for info on games, guides etc.

I also recommend signing up at Trueachievements.com as its a great site to find co-op gaming partners or info on games.

I recommend Halo CEA, Halo 4 for starters and any of the popular franchises not available on PS3.

Colt

I'm an Xbox 360 fanboy since they came out. When purchasing games that comes in multi-platforms I go with Xbox 360 with Achievement as the kicker. I know that PS3 have the Trophy system but they were late to the game. I only buy Sony exclusives that doesn't come out on Xbox 360.

With you being your 1st time with Xbox 360. Do what I do... only play Xbox 360 exclusive games that you can't play on PS3. I have OCD issues... as I won't play games that have sequals without playing the 1st one. Ninja Twin say Halo 4 (which is a great looking game) but I say start with the original Halo and work your way to Halo 4 so you can apprecite the histroy behind it.

[quote name='Methoes']I'm an Xbox 360 fanboy since they came out. When purchasing games that comes in multi-platforms I go with Xbox 360 with Achievement as the kicker. I know that PS3 have the Trophy system but they were late to the game. I only buy Sony exclusives that doesn't come out on Xbox 360.

With you being your 1st time with Xbox 360. Do what I do... only play Xbox 360 exclusive games that you can't play on PS3. I have OCD issues... as I won't play games that have sequals without playing the 1st one. Ninja Twin say Halo 4 (which is a great looking game) but I say start with the original Halo and work your way to Halo 4 so you can apprecite the histroy behind it.[/QUOTE]

Start with Halo CEA before you touch H4. If you have access to a PC, try Halo 2 vista before moving to Halo 3 & 4 on the 360.

dood. shadow complex. nuff said.

well, I suppose there are a few other games to check out.

guilty gear overture isn't too bad either. its...unique. shadowrun is another good and cheap game. and if strategy is your idea of fun, I hear that Halo Wars is a good time.
I do recommend Alan Wake (both retail and the American Nightmare XBLA game) as well as Forza.

in all honesty, just download Shadow Complex. It is boss.

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 if you haven't played them on PC. The first has better characters, and is cheaper/easier to obtain than the second, but the second has more stuff going on which makes playing the first one afterwards a bit disappointing.

The Fable games are fun adventure games as well.

[quote name='pyoobez']Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 if you haven't played them on PC. The first has better characters, and is cheaper/easier to obtain than the second, but the second has more stuff going on which makes playing the first one afterwards a bit disappointing.

The Fable games are fun adventure games as well.[/QUOTE]

the man makes some good points here. I personally liked Fable 2 a helluva lot more than the 3rd one.

Ah, thanks for suggestions guys! I do not have a gaming PC so basically anything you can't get on PS3 is what I'm looking for. I've also seen some games mentioned that I completely forgot about... Definitely want to try out:

Left 4 Dead/ Left 4 Dead 2
Alan Wake
Fable (2?)

Pretty sure Halo CEA will be my first purchase, and looks like I'll be picking up Shadow Complex as well(woohoo, more Nolan North!).

condemned 1, alan wake and alan wakes american nightmare, crackdown, doritos crash course (free), fez, gears of war 1-3, halo CE/3/ odst/ reach/ 4, saints row, deadly premonition, viva pinata

oh yea, how tired and stupid of me NOT to highly recommend the best game ever (aside for Castlevania SOTN)- Deadly Premonition!

bread's done
Back