How much should I expect to get PS3

ItsonlyLeo

CAG Newbie
Ok so I just called Gamestop they said they can only give me $135 for it but I know for a fact I could get more if I sell it to someone. I am just wondering how much should I sell it for and what to expect to get from. I want honest opinions I just want to sell before all they can offer me is 30 bucks. It is a 250GB ps3 with the controller and all the the cables it came with. The latest model. What would be the highest price I should be trying to sell it to actually sell it. It is just over a month that I have bought it and like knew. Everything works I just want to buy something else.

Was GameStop going to give you $135 in-store credit or $135 cash? Usually if you take cash the TIV drops quite a bit and might make a difference for you. Unless you are going to turn around and buy "something else" at GameStop.

Personally, I would advise you just keep it. What does a new PS3 cost now, $200-250, right? +tax would be around $220-270. You've only had it a month and you're basically about to lose ~$100 to rent a PS3 for a month. To me, that doesn't make sense.

Edit: also, if it's just over a month old you should try returning it to whatever retailer you bought it from (assuming you kept the receipt). Even though it's my own advice I personally think that's kind of a f---'d up thing to do but it may be worth a shot and would give you all your money back.

Yeah the reason I want to sell it is I don't play it that much I could probably sell it on Craigslist or Ebay for more than Gamestop. And what you said about just returning it to where I bought turns out I can return it till the 23rd of January if I did that but that would be the last thing I would do. I wonder how many people actually did that to get their money back?

Sounds fair for a used model, actually. Keep in mind that on eBay you won't make much more, and you'll cut into your overhead with seller's fees and PayPal fees (you may even get less if your auction craps out). I have sold tons and tons of stuff online, and remember that you can never "know for a fact" you will get more elsewhere unless you have an agreement already in place with someone. And if you do, then take it because that's the most you are gonna get.

bread's done
Back