Photo
- - - - -

Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins: Awakening 2-pack $24.99

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

great combo pack on sale at GameStop, they paired up Fallout 3 with the Dragon Age Origins expansion for this one, enjoy!

http://www.gamestop....t-3-2pack/89803

#2 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Fallout 3 GOTY (All DLC): $18.00
Dragon Age Origins: $6.00

For those who don't mind pre-owned and want the DLC and want to pay a slightly cheaper price.

EDIT: All from the same source: Gamestop.com

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#3 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

That price is a damn rip-off.

Oh, wait, it's because it's for a console.

#4 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Fallout 3 without the DLC, and Awakening without any of the other DA:O content or even the main game... I wouldn't pay $10 for either individually, why would I pay $25 for both?

#5 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

That is a disgusting price for games that are worthless

Holy crap the more that store does the more I hate them

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#6 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

That is a disgusting price for games that are worthless

Holy crap the more that store does the more I hate them

Worthless. Fallout 3. Does not compute.

EDIT: Maybe you're meaning they're worthless at that price? I'd still disagree. It's not a great deal but Fallout 3 even at the original retail price of $59.99 offers more than most games that come out.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#7 srac84

srac84

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

fallout game of the year has been 9.99 for consoles recently and dragon age ULTIMATE edition has been 12.99 recently..so not that great of a deal i think..

#8 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Worthless. Fallout 3. Does not compute.

EDIT: Maybe you're meaning they're worthless at that price? I'd still disagree. It's not a great deal but Fallout 3 even at the original retail price of $59.99 offers more than most games that come out.

No DLC = worthless

I don't care about the amount of gameplay that's in the base game, I'm talking about the small pittance we've seen the game with all the DLC offered for consoles.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#9 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

No DLC = worthless

I don't care about the amount of gameplay that's in the base game, I'm talking about the small pittance we've seen the game with all the DLC offered for consoles.

Really? Worthless. This might be the problem with video gaming now. People like you will buy incomplete games and then buy DLC because it comes out. Fallout 3 was literally the greatest game I have ever played (still struggling to find something I have enjoyed more) and the most complete game I have ever played at that time. The DLC is nothing compared to the actual game. Is it a good price? Not really, but Fallout 3 without the DLC is far far far from worthless.

This is not a great deal by any means though.

#10 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

We can complain about the price but this is not a GS bundle. It is some random bundle that it not priced well.

#11 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

It cracks me up to see the hate for this combo but people are drooling for the Bioshock compilation. Bioshock 1 and 2 could be had for $5 each and now because a repackage with worthless multiplayer DLC (except Minerva's Den which was $5 as well) everyone is ready to spend $30.

CAGs never fail to amaze me.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#12 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

It cracks me up to see the hate for this combo but people are drooling for the Bioshock compilation. Bioshock 1 and 2 could be had for $5 each and now because a repackage with worthless multiplayer DLC (except Minerva's Den which was $5 as well) everyone is ready to spend $30.

There was plenty of complaining there also. ;) CAG hate don't discriminate.
Posted Image

#13 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

It is because they aren't selling DOA and F3 in a single case. C'mon, everyone knows that collections are better.:lol:

#14 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

No DLC = worthless

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. It makes sense if you can get a copy with DLC for slightly more than that's a no-brainer but to call a vanilla copy of one of the best reviewed games of the last decade worthless is simply stupid.

komentra.png card.png

#15 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

I got Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $15 at best buy last night. With all the DLC you get that way I think it's the better buy.
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: MGS: Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#16 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

does dragon age origins ultimate have the DLC on disk or is it codes? also I wouldn't buy this combo it's about $15 to much.

#17 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Only the uneducated will buy this.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#18 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

does dragon age origins ultimate have the DLC on disk or is it codes? also I wouldn't buy this combo it's about $15 to much.

Disc.

Thats how I got my DLC, brought Origin's for like 7$, grabbed a used copy of the Ultimate Edition to download all the DLC, then returned it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Alright im in. I needed to shop at gamestop for something anyway before they cancel my membership lol.

Wait a minute for the PS3.

Dragon Age Origins: Awaken and SOCOM Confrontation 2Pack

kikyou1.png

#20 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Well if this bundle came with stickers like the bioshock compilation, I'm sure everyone would buy it :)

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#21 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Is this a real double pack or just gamestop sticking two game boxes together with double-sided tape?

Posted Image

#22 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I am in the middle.I agree these are not good prices for these games right now.Like it has been said that you can get them with dlc for the same or less money.So it is a bad deal based on price.
But if you try to say these games are worthless is absurd.Fallout 3 is still the best game I have ever played.

#23 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

I wonder if it has unique packaging or if it's just the two games taped together? Has anyone picked this up?

And, GRRR, HISSS, ROARRRR (trying to fit in)
Posted Image

#24 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I wonder if it has unique packaging or if it's just the two games taped together? Has anyone picked this up?

And, GRRR, HISSS, ROARRRR (trying to fit in)

It's online only, so someone actually has to buy it to see. Can't check tomorrow in store. I think it would be just those two games in their unique cases.

#25 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

If this pack is only at Gamestop then chances are they are just taping the two games together to try and get rid of new copies.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#26 Mega64

Mega64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Nobody's saying the games themselves are worthless. They're saying this combo package is worthless because you can get both of these games with more content for cheaper, so there's no reason to waste your money on this when you can get more value for your dollar and get Fallout 3 GotY or the complete DA:O package or whatever.

#27 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

This, topic over...

Look it is a bad price since it's a base game and then an unrelated games expansion...and it's true "why pay for the base game at this price when you could have it PLUS all DLC at a similar or even lower price". But it's funny how a virtual museum that most people probably won't even use, a couple worthless stickers, and a dual case gives everybody a boner here...then something like this is trash. With my coupon I just got Spec Ops and Bioshock 1 and 2 for $5, all the DLC for BS2 is $13.50. So even with that I'm under $20 and have a whole extra game! But yet collectibles that you'll never use >>>>> actual game content.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#28 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

This, topic over...

Look it is a bad price since it's a base game and then an unrelated games expansion...and it's true "why pay for the base game at this price when you could have it PLUS all DLC at a similar or even lower price". But it's funny how a virtual museum that most people probably won't even use, a couple worthless stickers, and a dual case gives everybody a boner here...then something like this is trash. With my coupon I just got Spec Ops and Bioshock 1 and 2 for $5, all the DLC for BS2 is $13.50. So even with that I'm under $20 and have a whole extra game! But yet collectibles that you'll never use >>>>> actual game content.

Again I think it is more about the combination of this pack people are talking about. It would be like if the Bioshock deal was Bioshock 2 with no DLC and Borderlands 1 DLC bundled together. The combo in this deal doesn't make any sense and defiantly not worth the price considering how you can get both Ultimate/GOTY editions for a little more or less depending on if you wait for a sale.

523546.png

#29 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

No matter the games themselves, this is over priced for a 4+ year old game that has a billion copies out there.

xivpads.png

#30 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I saw nothing of this "combo" in-store. Probably just the two games in separate cases.