• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#61 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Haven't Yard Saling in a while. I really want to though. ><

But I know how you guys feel. It's depressing to see that kind of stuff happen. :(

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#62 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

Haven't Yard Saling in a while. I really want to though. ><

But I know how you guys feel. It's depressing to see that kind of stuff happen. :(

Hey, I figure for standing outside in the cold for 2 hours waiting for the rummage sale to open he deserves all the gems. Nature of yard sales you win some you lose some, just means you have to learn how to make sure you win the next time.

#63 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Got a copy of Metroid Prime Echoes and Wind Waker for $2 a piece
PS2 Fat with no cords or controllers for $1
Final Fantasy IX discs only for #$1

#64 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just held my first yard sale yesterday. Parents had some random things / furniture looking to clear out the garage.

I had a lot of random games, nes, snes, n64, ps2, gamecube, gameboy pocket / color / advance, ds, wii.
Sold sports games for $1 each, gameboy games for $1, and everything else $2 each.
Had a lot of random accessories for $0.50-$3 each including wii charging stations, n64 cases, etc.

And, probably sold this one too cheap, but my brother was happy with the money (his system) CiB black gamecube for $22, name brand controller.
Sold 2 gamecube systems complete, off brand controller for $10 each.
An incomplete n64, and incomplete gamecube (missing controllers and power cords) for $5 each.

First guy bought all my systems from me, I believe his kid was a reseller, and he sort of knew what to look for.

Next big buy was a collector who bought a lot of random games, and some accessories from me. I imagine he tries to collect everything, and bought from me what he didnt have. Things like rocket power for gameboy, sega bass fishing (snes), etc.

Had a few more things in the house that I forgot to bring out that I think hed of bought.

Overall I was happy with my sale, sold stuff that pretty much wouldnt sell online, or would be expensive to ship. And I got $122 in profit.

Everything I sold was accumulated through yardsaling for several months, and CL ads for about 10 months.

After 11 AM we set out signs saying everything is $1, sold a kitchen table for $1 lol
Was either get paid $1 for it, or have to lug it to the trash.

#65 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well, I've been meaning to post these and finally got around to it. Here my sale adventures so far this year:

Posted Image

I was taking my son out for the day since the wife had asked us to get out for a bit so she could have some people over. No biggie.

We headed into the big city of Cuba (pop 2000 approx) and hit all the thrift stores and pawn shops. While we were just about ready to head back home, I noticed a sale that somebody had set up in a supermarket parking lot.

I pulled up an immediately saw games. I asked my son if he wanted to go up and look but he said no. So I walked up and started rummaging through the box of games and the lady running it says that the are $2 each. I said OK and picked out about $20 worth of games that seemed decent to flip or that I wanted to keep.

I walked up to her with my games and said that I would pay her what I had or I'd offer her $40 for all the games she had.She said yes and I started loading stuff up. However, I did not realize that there was another box of SNES stuff hidden under a table. So I got it too!

Notable games:

Castlevania i & II
Adventure Island
Metroid Super Mario Bros 3

Tecmo Super Bowl III
Legend of Zelda: LTTP
Mortal Kombat 2, 3, and Ultimate 3

Mario Kart 64

Also there was a PS2 network adapter that usually you can get close to $20 out of. All in all, an awesome find!

Posted Image

This was a change. There was an ad on our local forum that said:

"Same systems for sale. need gone ASAP"

I called the lady and she told me she had an xbox and a couple PS2s and everything worked and there were a couple games with them.

I headed to her home as per her directions and she showed my the game systems. as I started going through it she also said "This goes with it too" and put a black wii in the box. In the box there were the following items:

Black Nintendo Wii with Power and Component
Regular Xbox
Fat PS2
Slim PS2
PSX system
2x PS1 controllers
PS2 controller
AV and power for fat PS2/PS1
BackBreacker (PS3)
God of War I & II (PS3)
Other garbage games that wouldn't book since they were scratched up so much.

The kicker, she wanted to $20 for everything. I'll tell you though, it stunk. SHe was a smoker and had a LOT of cats and dogs i nthe house. But it wasn't anything CLorox wipes and febreeze didn't handle.

As a side note, the PS1 and fat PS2 didn't work. I had the Xbox fixed though for free and the wii and PS2 slim worked great!

#66 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Got this beauty for $5 at a sale this weekend.

Posted Image

#67 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image

I'm literally drooling right now......I had a bad experience at a yard sale with a vectrex so I'm extremely jealous at the fact you got it for 5 bucks......nice steal ;)

#68 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

#69 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Got out this weekend
Stopped at one sale that was advertising N64's and a gamecube. They had 3 N64's complete, controllers were in bad shape, and a handful of clean cart only games. The also had a GC with 4 controllers, complete double dash and a handful of sports games. They also had a NES with a few common games.

I pulled the GC aside and talked to the lady, a few kids came up and while I was aksing about the 64 snagged the few cart games and asked her how much she said she would only sell the N64 for $65. She wanted $40 for the GC, I offered $30 for the system, 2 controllers , memory card and DD.

She said I could have the other 2 controllers for $35 total. I took it.

Next sale I hit was an estate sale that listed Wii and ps2 games. I got there just as they opened, I asked about games and the lady brought out a big box of wii games. I quickly snagged Mario Kart Wii, Mario All Stars LE with sealed soundtrack, Bit Trip disc only, New Super mario bros disc only, Mark Kart Wii, Twilight Princess, Simpsons game ps2, Capcom Classic Col vol 1 ps2, Silent Hill 2 ps2 and futurama (former rental case). All the other games were complete unless noted.

I left a few common wii games. I should have snagged boom blox, and maybe RE4/Simpsons Hit and Run/Simpsons Road Rage for ps2. She wanted $2 a piece and let me take what I had for $10. She had a Wii as well but wanted $100.

I've never found or seen futurama in the wild. I played the Xbox version years ago and it was amusing. Most of this stuff will probably be sold, although I am tempted to keep Futurama/Silent Hill 2 and I did get the Simpsons game/Capcom classics col vol1 for myself

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#70 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

It's been awhile since I've posted here but does anyone know what happened to slowdive?

#71 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

It's been awhile since I've posted here but does anyone know what happened to slowdive?

I haven't seen him or floopy on here in a long time. No idea.

#72 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Went to an advertising as posted on Craigslist and it turned out be a yard sale from a seller operating out of his home. It had a lot of accessories, more than games. The prices weren't awesome, but they weren't bad ($10 for an SNES controller) , comparable to what I would find at mom and pop stores ($50 for a complete NES system). He was open to lowering prices, which was good. I ended up with an ASCII SNES pad and Street Fighter II.
I found a few Japanese games, and I didn't know there was such a thing called "Designmon," which is a Super Famicom software that apparently let one build their own SHMUP from music to enemies or something.

Batsugunner.png

#73 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

http://blacksburg.cr...3708902274.html

Mind = Blown.

Check out the last item this DB is advertising.

#74 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Went to an advertising as posted on Craigslist and it turned out be a yard sale from a seller operating out of his home. It had a lot of accessories, more than games. The prices weren't awesome, but they weren't bad ($10 for an SNES controller) , comparable to what I would find at mom and pop stores ($50 for a complete NES system). He was open to lowering prices, which was good. I ended up with an ASCII SNES pad and Street Fighter II.
I found a few Japanese games, and I didn't know there was such a thing called "Designmon," which is a Super Famicom software that apparently let one build their own SHMUP from music to enemies or something.

We have all discussed this to death already, but, craigslist ads advertising games are totally useless because one of 4 things will happen:

1. its a reseller who is too lazy to sell at a flea market or ebay but still expects to get ebay prices

2. a reseller will wait outside the house at 4am waiting for the sale to start and beat you to the items every time

3. a reseller will email the seller and buy everything the day before the sale starts

4. most people being really specific and listing something like "nintendo with games" or "super nintendo" have already looked on ebay and want some crazy price like $100 for a dirty NES with the door broken off because "they go for that much on ebay!"

#75 kube00

kube00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

I dont know most of the sales in my area that list games are selling them really cheap. But those are good points.

CAG TradeList

#76 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Ugh on the same topic I just came back from a yard sale that advertised 100s of PS3, 360 and other games "ridiculously cheap". Ended up being someone who was buying all $2.99 games from Gamestop and marking them $10 each saying they are normally $60. There must have been 25 copies of Gears of War 1.

They were also selling all the things you get for free with coupons (razors, body wash, shampoo, etc.) and toys that were just 90% off at Target all for their original prices.

And of course prices were firm on everything because they said everything will sell out by the end of tomorrow.

Waste of an hour and gas, can't wait until yard sales really start for the year so it isn't trekking out for one yard sale.

#77 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Today was the first day of the year here where there were a lot of sales advertised. I didn't find anything to play, but I found a nice flip. Nascar Racing 2003 Season for PC for $2. This is the third or fourth one I've found around here. I love finding them because they're always priced cheap and turn a really nice profit.

#78 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Been reading yard sales here and cant believe how cag here get stuff for so cheap. I live in the rockville, md area and tried many times. I went to 3 yard sales today. 1st one was at wheaton, Md there was many people there. Crap kid wii game (only 3)
mostly toys, clothes, and they sold all there star wars stuff.
2nd one had nothing but old vhs and tools.

As I was driving, I saw a yard sale down the road. They had fishing rod, health rider, and some old stuff like a ab roller. I saw a White wii sitting ont he table, but had other stuff like wires and cases on top. The Wii is the BC that can play Gamecube. It was dirty with no Cover for the gamecube controller port and the wii senor wires were broken. She asked for $25. I looked around and a guy purchase a fishing rod for $5!!(I was about to get it) Anyway, she seems that she didnt know much about the wii and said that it was her 14 year old son. I offer $5, but she said since the wire was broken and had no controllers would consider $7. As I took my wallet out she said $5 was fine since didnt have any other video game stuff and didnt want to wake her son up. So $5 for a wii system i take a risk. I got home and it turns on. Its on the wii menu. It appears to work fine, but im not sure since I dont have a Wii senor. I do have wii remote and gamecube controller. My question is,

1. Anywhere to get cheap wii senor?

2. How did I do? This is my second find in a yard sale since my area for some reason people really dont sell video games much or overprice it. (1st find was 3 gameboy pokemon yellow, silver, red for $.50 each)

3. Any way to replace the outer casing? I dont like white and perfer black casing or something cool like a retro nes (refer to gba sp nes edition)

Im still a newb in these yard sales. I dont go much since i do work a lot.
Please dont bash. We were all new at one point. Other feedback are welcome. Thanks.

#79 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Been reading yard sales here and cant believe how cag here get stuff for so cheap. I live in the rockville, md area and tried many times. I went to 3 yard sales today. 1st one was at wheaton, Md there was many people there. Crap kid wii game (only 3)
mostly toys, clothes, and they sold all there star wars stuff.
2nd one had nothing but old vhs and tools.

As I was driving, I saw a yard sale down the road. They had fishing rod, health rider, and some old stuff like a ab roller. I saw a White wii sitting ont he table, but had other stuff like wires and cases on top. The Wii is the BC that can play Gamecube. It was dirty with no Cover for the gamecube controller port and the wii senor wires were broken. She asked for $25. I looked around and a guy purchase a fishing rod for $5!!(I was about to get it) Anyway, she seems that she didnt know much about the wii and said that it was her 14 year old son. I offer $5, but she said since the wire was broken and had no controllers would consider $7. As I took my wallet out she said $5 was fine since didnt have any other video game stuff and didnt want to wake her son up. So $5 for a wii system i take a risk. I got home and it turns on. Its on the wii menu. It appears to work fine, but im not sure since I dont have a Wii senor. I do have wii remote and gamecube controller. My question is,

2. How did I do? This is my second find in a yard sale since my area for some reason people really dont sell video games much or overprice it. (1st find was 3 gameboy pokemon yellow, silver, red for $.50 each)

3. Any way to replace the outer casing? I dont like white and perfer black casing or something cool like a retro nes (refer to gba sp nes edition)

Im still a newb in these yard sales. I dont go much since i do work a lot.
Please dont bash. We were all new at one point. Other feedback are welcome. Thanks.

You did ok. Look for a wireless sensor bar. The controllers aren't too expensive used at GameStop.

I live in northern va. If Rockville is like here, you need to get out early and just try to go to as many sales as possible. I've had better luck in rich areas than poor areas around here, but you really never know what you'll find.

Good luck!

#80 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

You did ok. Look for a wireless sensor bar. The controllers aren't too expensive used at GameStop.

I live in northern va. If Rockville is like here, you need to get out early and just try to go to as many sales as possible. I've had better luck in rich areas than poor areas around here, but you really never know what you'll find.

Good luck!

I already have remotes from sears clearance of flingsmash.
I got out early like 7:30am. But around here there isnt much yard sales. I use yard sale search site to see if there was any today. I also got pull over while using a gps on my phone. I didnt know u can get pull over for looking at your phone? Thansk for the feedback

#81 kube00

kube00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Picked up a 500 7200 RPM Sata Drive for $5. Hopefully its good, guy said it was only a year old....

CAG TradeList

#82 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Picked up a 500 7200 RPM Sata Drive for $5. Hopefully its good, guy said it was only a year old....

Thats good if it works. does hard drive die within 2-5 years?

#83 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

I already have remotes from sears clearance of flingsmash.
I got out early like 7:30am. But around here there isnt much yard sales. I use yard sale search site to see if there was any today. I also got pull over while using a gps on my phone. I didnt know u can get pull over for looking at your phone? Thansk for the feedback

This was a holiday weekend, so sales were probably pretty slow.

Doesn't MD have a law against cell phone use while driving?

#84 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Good luck!

Are you my arch nemesis?!? I've seen the same guy at multiple yard sales in the past, prtty much going after what I would (games, DVDs, etc)

#85 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

1. eBay, of course. As far as I'm concerned, it should always be one of the first places you check for stuff like this. If you don't mind waiting for overseas shipping, you can get one for just under $3 shipped. If you're impatient and want something domestic, you can pay a dollar more for a wireless one or slightly more than that for a wired one. In the meantime, if you would like to give the Wii a test run, light two candles and set them about 6 inches apart. You can use that in place of a sensor bar to do a quick run through the menus and whatnot.

2. Not bad. $5 is a good price for just about any console. I don't have much commentary beyond that.

3. You sure can, but this is the cheapest one I see at the moment. You may want to look around a bit. Or you could try spray-painting the current case.

#86 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

1. eBay, of course. As far as I'm concerned, it should always be one of the first places you check for stuff like this. If you don't mind waiting for overseas shipping, you can get one for just under $3 shipped. If you're impatient and want something domestic, you can pay a dollar more for a wireless one or slightly more than that for a wired one. In the meantime, if you would like to give the Wii a test run, light two candles and set them about 6 inches apart. You can use that in place of a sensor bar to do a quick run through the menus and whatnot.

2. Not bad. $5 is a good price for just about any console. I don't have much commentary beyond that.

3. You sure can, but this is the cheapest one I see at the moment. You may want to look around a bit. Or you could try spray-painting the current case.

Shortly after wii release I remember watching a guy play with a lit menorah (7 candle hannakah)

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#87 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

This was a holiday weekend, so sales were probably pretty slow.

Doesn't MD have a law against cell phone use while driving?

i guess. i didnt know since i dont use my phone much while driving. I was using the gps on my phone to go to a yard sale

#88 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

The trick worked! I tested the console and it does play gamecube and wii games fine. I also posted help on another forum. Please look below as i have a few questions.

So i just got a white wii for $5 at a yard sale. (look at yard sale forum)

I tested the console with the candle trick. It does play gamecube and wii games fine. Its a 4.3U whatever that means.

Now the wii menu. It has like nintendo channel, mii, nextflix, etc.

I notice a homebrew and usb channel? What is that? When i click on the homebrew channel, it shows a blue under water screensaver, but is blank?
What is this used for?

Also, when i click on nextflix, a white screen says go to wii update (Ididnt do it) , but i hit the home button to prevent update.

Is it safe to update? what is the homebrew channel and what is used for usb channel?

I dont have knowledge of the wii since i just got one and any info would help.

Also, looking for info. to swap outer housing case to a black color if possible. Is it easy to do? I dont soldier. Thanks
Posted Image

#89 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Are you my arch nemesis?!? I've seen the same guy at multiple yard sales in the past, prtty much going after what I would (games, DVDs, etc)

Are you in loudoun county? That's where I do most of my looking. There was a guy on here named floopy that used to mostly be around Manassas a lot.

#90 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Are you in loudoun county? That's where I do most of my looking. There was a guy on here named floopy that used to mostly be around Manassas a lot.

I usually venture out around Fairfax/Chantilly/Centreville/Herndon area, occasionally South Riding. I was out in Herndon about a week ago, and every sale I went to, I asked about video games. They all responded with "Someone else asked about that earlier" or "someone came and bought everything when I was setting up" :cry: