Blizzard Battle chests - $7.99 BB

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#31 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Managed to grab the Starcraft one. Thanks OP! Needed to replace my old ones that broke during my move.
Posted Image

#32 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

WC3 is tempting but I owned it before and never got around to finishing it. I doubt I'd finish it if I bought it again especially when I already have some stuff on PC. MUST RESIST BUYING AND HOARDING......

#33 Miracleman

Miracleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Generally speaking, when things sell out on BestBuy.com, are they gone for the week? Or is there a chance that they'll get more in stock before the sale is over?

#34 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Generally speaking, when things sell out on BestBuy.com, are they gone for the week? Or is there a chance that they'll get more in stock before the sale is over?

Is this a day sale or a week long sale? They won't restock today. Later this week is remotely possible. Best bet is to get it in store if you want one that's sold out.

#35 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Awesome clearance.

Got Diablo and Warcraft 3. I have Starcraft already.

Great find TC

:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#36 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

highly unlikely they will restock online, it is basically a clearance sale. your best bet is to try, and find it in store if you really want the games

#37 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well I can't find any store even remotely close to me (in the NW) that has the Diablo chest in stock.

I guess you just need the key really so presumably if I knew someone in another state where these were in stock I could get them to open the box, email me the keys and then download the game from battle.net right?

*Edit: also, how reliable is the online stock listing for the stores? If it says Unavailable is it possible that my local store might still have it anyway?

#38 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well I can't find any store even remotely close to me (in the NW) that has the Diablo chest in stock.

I guess you just need the key really so presumably if I knew someone in another state where these were in stock I could get them to open the box, email me the keys and then download the game from battle.net right?

*Edit: also, how reliable is the online stock listing for the stores? If it says Unavailable is it possible that my local store might still have it anyway?

About the keys...yes.

TyranitarJr.png

#39 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm not sure about that. The older titles work with the legacy Battlenet, not the new one active with Starcraft 3 and Diablo 3. I don't know if you can install without the discs. At least I've never tried.

#40 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Had a Reward Zone Certificate to use, so Diablo II for $3 is a pretty good deal.

I did the same thing here. Just about through DIII. Never played DII that long and I have been just getting back into PC gaming...
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#41 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

The description says it's only 2 and it's expansion

The battle chest includes diablo, diablo II and diablo II LOD. It doesn't however have the Sierra expansion to diablo, Hellfire.

xivpads.png

#42 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

starcraft was back for about 5 minutes
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#43 AlexIW

AlexIW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Ermm.. Is there any chance someone would buy both the Diablo and the Warcraft battle chest for me and ship them overseas? I'll obviously pay for the trouble.
I'll love you forever!

I've always wanted to buy those...

#44 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

sold out again

#45 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Ermm.. Is there any chance someone would buy both the Diablo and the Warcraft battle chest for me and ship them overseas? I'll obviously pay for the trouble.
I'll love you forever!

I've always wanted to buy those...

The keys are region-locked so they most likely won't work.

#46 AlexIW

AlexIW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

The keys are region-locked so they most likely won't work.

Of the old games? I'm 99% they are not (to be clear I want the WC3 battle chest)..
And even if they are, I remember Blizzard's support being friendly towards this issue with SC2.

I'd appreciate A LOT if someone would help me with this.

#47 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

The battle chest includes diablo, diablo II and diablo II LOD. It doesn't however have the Sierra expansion to diablo, Hellfire.

There are two versions. The newer one, which is the one sold most places these days, does not have D1.

#48 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

maybe these can be price matched at Frys electronics

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#49 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Been meaning to pick up Warcraft 3. Thanks OP

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#50 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Are items that are OOS for shipping automatically listed as unavailable for in-store pickup? I somehow doubt that my local Best Buy sold out of D2 battle chests overnight.

#51 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Diablo is back in stock as of 2 minutes ago (says sold out on page that lists all four battle chests, but is in stock when you go to the specific product page)

#52 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

My local store had plenty and they even had the price label for 7.99 for all 4 sets. Picked up the Diablo II set (says nothing about Diablo 1 on the box), Starcraft and Warcraft III.

I searched on amazon.com and they show an old Diablo set, and a new Diablo set. The old set contained Diablo 1 as well, while the new set contained just Diablo 2 and no Diablo 1 (just opened my set to see). The Diablo set I bought came with 2 WoW guest passes.

So anyone lucky enough to find the old set at Best Buy with Diablo 1?

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#53 renandabomb

renandabomb

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

You don't need the discs to play the game, just the cdkeys associated with the game. You can go to battle.net and create an account, connect your account with the discs and you can download the game whenever you want and play without discs.

You can install via discs and if I remember right, you can patch the game by connecting to battle.net within the game and it will update to play without discs-- But I am not sure about that.

The first method I am sure.

#54 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

You don't need the CDs to play the game, just the cdkeys associated with the game. You can go to battle.net and create an account, connect your account with the cdkey and you can download the game whenever you want and play without cds.

I know that's true for D3, SC2 and WoW, but does this work with Warcraft, Starcraft and old school Diablo as well?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#55 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Saw the Starcraft BC back in stock, so I ordered one for shipping. Will hold on on buying WC3 since I never playing it and have no true interest in the universe/story.

The WOW one looks interesting, but I bought the BC a few years ago when it included only the first expansion. Good deal on it though.

Thanks a lot OP.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#56 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I found this on Youtube:
http://ware-tools.bl...hest-2010.html#
"Evil is Funs"

#57 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I know that's true for D3, SC2 and WoW, but does this work with Warcraft, Starcraft and old school Diablo as well?

It does not work with anything older than Starcraft. So Starcraft and onwards works that way.

#58 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

can any1 else confirm that the diablo battle chest at their local best buy didnt include original diablo 1?

#59 renandabomb

renandabomb

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

yeh, I have starcraft and warcraft3 on my laptop right now and they play without discs

cant confirm for diablo1, sorry

#60 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

yeh, I have starcraft and warcraft3 on my laptop right now and they play without discs

cant confirm for diablo1, sorry

Oh wow. I plugged in my Starcraft's James Raynor USB and entered my CD key into the Blizzard's website and it's linked up to my account. So I'm assuming all the other battlechest games work as well, but maybe not the first Diablo.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image