Blizzard Battle chests - $7.99 BB

mcgavin27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Best buy has the Diablo 2,warcraft 3, starcraft, and wow Battle chests on sale for $7.99.

This is instore and online.

Posting from my phone, I'll attach links when I get to my computer.

diablo 2 , and starcraft brings back alot of memories, are the community still active on those games?

[quote name='LD_Helix']Thanks OP, guess I'll finally try Diablo I and II and finally know whats so great about it.[/QUOTE]
The description says it's only 2 and it's expansion

[quote name='MulderYuffie']The description says it's only 2 and it's expansion[/QUOTE]
Huh, missed that description oh well just diablo II then

I picked up WoW's battle chest ages ago at GameStop for $5 and never touched it since I got kinda bored after a few levels in my free to play account.

Apologies if this is a dumb question but do you have to have the CD in the drive to play any the games or can you install them and run them entirely from the install?

[quote name='MP77']Apologies if this is a dumb question but do you have to have the CD in the drive to play any the games or can you install them and run them entirely from the install?[/QUOTE]
You need the disc in at all times + a valid cd key for them to install

[quote name='MP77']Apologies if this is a dumb question but do you have to have the CD in the drive to play any the games or can you install them and run them entirely from the install?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about if you use the CD but you can add them online with the CD Key and just download and install them from Blizzard.

Also picked up WC3 for $3.14 after certificate.

[quote name='The End']Time to submit a price match request to Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

Why? Best Buy offers free shipping and rewards points. Amazon doesn't do either. Why and God's name would you rather buy from Amazon?

I almost wish I didn't have Diablo II, and Starcraft. Tempted by WC 3, just never got around to playing it.

Also, to respond to the Amazon question above, while the tax and possibly prime shipping factors in for some, some just have an unnatural allegiance to Amazon or hatred to Best Buy.

I think the older version of the Diablo BC included D1. The new only has D2. Never played either but my curiosity has been tingling lately. I bought Torchlight 2 on Steam last night because someone told me it's more Diablo than Diablo 3(which apparently was disappointing).

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I almost wish I didn't have Diablo II, and Starcraft. Tempted by WC 3, just never got around to playing it.

Also, to respond to the Amazon question above, while the tax and possibly prime shipping factors in for some, some just have an unnatural allegiance to Amazon or hatred to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, the BB online deal is now sold out.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Furthermore, the BB online deal is now sold out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Amazon would be crazy to match it now its sold out.

Plus I always preferred supporting the store that actually put it on sale, rather than matched it.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Why? Best Buy offers free shipping and rewards points. Amazon doesn't do either. Why and God's name would you rather buy from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='starman9000']Tax free and 2 day shipping with prime, possibly credit?[/QUOTE]

Yup, Tax free and I have prime. No credit though. I just wanna get it for as cheap as I can.

[quote name='GUNNM'].27 cents on tax gonna stop you from buying this?[/QUOTE]

$0.52 on each Battle chest that I buy. And no, that won't stop me from buying from Best Buy if Amazon doesn't price match. But there's no great hurry. I can wait an hour or so to see if they'll price match. Best Buy isn't gonna sell out in an hour.

EDIT: Err, I guess I was wrong. lol They sold out of Diablo already. I really underestimated the demand for these. Well I guess it's off to Best Buy. That'll teach me a lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:
WC3 is tempting but I owned it before and never got around to finishing it. I doubt I'd finish it if I bought it again especially when I already have some stuff on PC. MUST RESIST BUYING AND HOARDING......

Generally speaking, when things sell out on BestBuy.com, are they gone for the week? Or is there a chance that they'll get more in stock before the sale is over?

[quote name='Miracleman']Generally speaking, when things sell out on BestBuy.com, are they gone for the week? Or is there a chance that they'll get more in stock before the sale is over?[/QUOTE]

Is this a day sale or a week long sale? They won't restock today. Later this week is remotely possible. Best bet is to get it in store if you want one that's sold out.

highly unlikely they will restock online, it is basically a clearance sale. your best bet is to try, and find it in store if you really want the games

Well I can't find any store even remotely close to me (in the NW) that has the Diablo chest in stock.

I guess you just need the key really so presumably if I knew someone in another state where these were in stock I could get them to open the box, email me the keys and then download the game from battle.net right?

*Edit: also, how reliable is the online stock listing for the stores? If it says Unavailable is it possible that my local store might still have it anyway?

[quote name='Motoki']Well I can't find any store even remotely close to me (in the NW) that has the Diablo chest in stock.

I guess you just need the key really so presumably if I knew someone in another state where these were in stock I could get them to open the box, email me the keys and then download the game from battle.net right?

*Edit: also, how reliable is the online stock listing for the stores? If it says Unavailable is it possible that my local store might still have it anyway?[/QUOTE]
About the keys...yes.

[quote name='Motoki']Well I can't find any store even remotely close to me (in the NW) that has the Diablo chest in stock.

I guess you just need the key really so presumably if I knew someone in another state where these were in stock I could get them to open the box, email me the keys and then download the game from battle.net right?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that. The older titles work with the legacy Battlenet, not the new one active with Starcraft 3 and Diablo 3. I don't know if you can install without the discs. At least I've never tried.

[quote name='apollosrequiem']Had a Reward Zone Certificate to use, so Diablo II for $3 is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing here. Just about through DIII. Never played DII that long and I have been just getting back into PC gaming...

[quote name='MulderYuffie']The description says it's only 2 and it's expansion[/QUOTE]

The battle chest includes diablo, diablo II and diablo II LOD. It doesn't however have the Sierra expansion to diablo, Hellfire.

Ermm.. Is there any chance someone would buy both the Diablo and the Warcraft battle chest for me and ship them overseas? I'll obviously pay for the trouble.
I'll love you forever!

I've always wanted to buy those...

[quote name='AlexIW']Ermm.. Is there any chance someone would buy both the Diablo and the Warcraft battle chest for me and ship them overseas? I'll obviously pay for the trouble.
I'll love you forever!

I've always wanted to buy those...[/QUOTE]

The keys are region-locked so they most likely won't work.

[quote name='Link2999']The keys are region-locked so they most likely won't work.[/QUOTE]

Of the old games? I'm 99% they are not (to be clear I want the WC3 battle chest)..
And even if they are, I remember Blizzard's support being friendly towards this issue with SC2.

I'd appreciate A LOT if someone would help me with this.

[quote name='StryderOmega']The battle chest includes diablo, diablo II and diablo II LOD. It doesn't however have the Sierra expansion to diablo, Hellfire.[/QUOTE]

There are two versions. The newer one, which is the one sold most places these days, does not have D1.

bread's done
Back