Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Ad 1/9-1/15: 50% off guides continues, double credit on systems

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I bought two of them from this sale as well (the FF12 guide). They never got pennied out years and years ago, so they still kept them I suppose. The ones I got were 14.99, reduced to 6.75 I think.

#62 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

picked up anarchy reigns along with
witcher 2 guide $10.13 (pur + 2 different promos?)
ff xiii-2 sd guide $6.75 (pur + 1 promo)
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#63 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

picked up anarchy reigns along with
witcher 2 guide $10.13 (pur + 2 different promos?)
ff xiii-2 sd guide $6.75 (pur + 1 promo)

when you get a game you get an extra 10%
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#64 GamerSavage

GamerSavage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Has there been the slightest bit of chatter as to when the next B2G1 sale will be? I absolutely refuse to use my $20 gift card that I got for Christmas until then.

#65 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

no idea, but i have a b2g1 coupon that needs to be used

now playing:

#66 THT

THT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Next B2G1 will probably be sometime in March-April (income tax season).

Also, to confirm, this unfortunately does NOT work on the DMC guide for anyone who is thinking about it. Sad, I wanted to do it as well :(

Also, @technicalstylez: As bj said, you get an additional 20% on the one guide (more expensive) for buying it with a game and having a PUR card. Normally, the PUR takes 10% off, but the game added on does nother 10%, plus your 50% off. :)
Conquering others is strength. Conquering yourself is true power.

Currently Playing
:ps3: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
:ps3: Journey
:ps3: Tales of Xillia
:wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
:psp: Persona 4 Golden
:psp: Gravity Rush

#67 GamerSavage

GamerSavage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Next B2G1 will probably be sometime in March-April (income tax season).

Hadn't thought of that, looks like I'll be hanging onto my gift card for a while.

#68 dominator

dominator

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Picked up the Soul Calibur V CE for 2.25 after all discounts, so I walked out a very happy customer.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#69 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

considering that im getting scv with the @gamer coupon this month that copy of the guide thats sitting at my gs looks like it will be brought now
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#70 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Picked up the Soul Calibur V CE for 2.25 after all discounts, so I walked out a very happy customer.

same it was still stickered $10 so I thought it was gonna be $5.

#71 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I price matched the 50% off guide sale at Best Buy yesterday. Yeah, you dont get the extra 10-20% extra on top of the 50% like you do with the PUR card, but you still get points on your Rewards card and more importantly, guides that aren't even offered at GS.

#72 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I price matched the 50% off guide sale at Best Buy yesterday. Yeah, you dont get the extra 10-20% extra on top of the 50% like you do with the PUR card, but you still get points on your Rewards card and more importantly, guides that aren't even offered at GS.

That's cool, I may have to try that. Already spent over $40 on guides last week from GS though...arrrgh.

#73 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Damn it I want XCOM to be on sale.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#74 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Picked up halo 4 this morning and decided to grab the skyrim guide also, couldnt pass it up for $12.50

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#75 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Damn it I want XCOM to be on sale.

I feel sad. I picked it up from Walmart on Black Friday and I still haven't even opened it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#76 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Also, @technicalstylez: As bj said, you get an additional 20% on the one guide (more expensive) for buying it with a game and having a PUR card. Normally, the PUR takes 10% off, but the game added on does nother 10%, plus your 50% off. :)

At one GS I visited, the employee suggested buying a used game to get the additional 10% off for the six guides I purchased, but for whatever reason, the discount wouldn't appear after scanning a game (he tried a used copy of Halo 3 just to see if it would work). I figured that three promos stacking might be a little much for GS to handle.

Has anyone with a PUR Pro account had success buying a used game with a guide to get the additional 10% discount?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#77 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

At one GS I visited, the employee suggested buying a used game to get the additional 10% off for the six guides I purchased, but for whatever reason, the discount wouldn't appear after scanning a game (he tried a used copy of Halo 3 just to see if it would work). I figured that three promos stacking might be a little much for GS to handle.

Has anyone with a PUR Pro account had success buying a used game with a guide to get the additional 10% discount?

I'm fairly positive when I did it last week that it did. I'll look at my reciept when I get home and post it if it did. If it doesn't, I'm not upset, I still got a good deal, and BB were the best about PMing the couple of CE guides they didn't have at GS. I think I got 4 CE guides and 3 regular ones for the price of 2 of the CE guides full price.

#78 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

when i bought anarchy reigns new i got
witcher 2 - pur 10%/50%/ mystery 10%
ffxiii-2- pur 10%/ 50%

was wondering what the extra 10% on witcher 2 was for, and if it was for buying a game then should it have been applied to both games? idunno.

now playing:

#79 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

The extra 10% should come off when buying a used game. Picked up SSBM at about 85% off and a copy of the Witcher 2 guide and got the extra 10 % off no problem.
Posted Image

#80 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Tempted to get The Witcher 2 guide.

#81 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

does it have to be used? i bought anarchy reigns new and still got 10% extra off the witcher 2 guide.

now playing:

#82 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

just called my local Store-Trade in value of nintendo 3DS black is $35 before the doubling. Not worth trading for $70 bucks

#83 THT

THT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

How many games in total did you have on the transaction prior to adding the used game at the end? If the computer registers you are already receiving a promotion, you wont get anything identical (i.e. additional 10% off a guide). Chances are, the computer may have registered the multiple guides was a good enough requirement to score that extra 10%.

Either way, do you have a way of uploading a scan / pic of your receipt? I can take a look at it for you.

just called my local Store-Trade in value of nintendo 3DS black is $35 before the doubling. Not worth trading for $70 bucks

Rumors are afloat that the 3DS will get another perma price drop. Gamestop is preparing by giving shit for trade-ins and selling them at like $10 under their new current retail. To make things worse, the warehouse is holding onto new systems for the remainder of the month.
Conquering others is strength. Conquering yourself is true power.

Currently Playing
:ps3: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
:ps3: Journey
:ps3: Tales of Xillia
:wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
:psp: Persona 4 Golden
:psp: Gravity Rush

#84 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

does it have to be used? i bought anarchy reigns new and still got 10% extra off the witcher 2 guide.

Looking at my receipt from this morning, I actually got my skyrim guide for cheaper than I thought. I bought halo 4 new and the guide, the guide has 3 discounts applied to it ($10.93 after discounts). So it works with new games also.

#85 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

This additional mystery "10%" really only works out to be like 4%, so not worth getting too excited about if you missed it/didn't buy a game with guides.

#86 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

360 4gb Slim = $70 base value
Vita 3g/WiFi = $50 base value

#87 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

How many games in total did you have on the transaction prior to adding the used game at the end? If the computer registers you are already receiving a promotion, you wont get anything identical (i.e. additional 10% off a guide). Chances are, the computer may have registered the multiple guides was a good enough requirement to score that extra 10%.

Either way, do you have a way of uploading a scan / pic of your receipt? I can take a look at it for you.

Assuming you mean "guides" when you say "games in total", I had six of them. The employee then scanned a used copy of Halo 3 to see if the additional 10% discount kicked in, but for whatever reason, the prices didn't change. Now that I think about it, though, I don't think he totaled out the transaction, so for all I know, it would have worked.

Thanks for the offer to look at my receipt, but I don't really have any way to upload a scan or picture of it.

I know the 10% isn't much more of a discount, but considering I (1) bought ~$70 worth of guides with GS credit and (2) will be buying a few used games tomorrow anyway, I figure I could use that extra ~$7.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#88 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

my god im so tempted to trade in my 4 gig slim. i only have one 360 game in my backlog and im thinking about skipping the next gears of war game too so this might be a good time to trade it in. 140$ is good
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#89 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Picked up halo 4 this morning and decided to grab the skyrim guide also, couldnt pass it up for $12.50

Just beware there will likely be a 3rd version of the Skyrim guide once GotY edition hits that will have the (soon to be) 2 expansions not covered in that one (Dragonborn and the rumored Redguard.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#90 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Guys, just as a heads ups..

Barnes and Nobles carries a lot of old guides. I picked up a couple of copies of sealed Red Dead Redemption GOTYs at my local Barnes and Noble. Granted these are not at 50% off... it's nice to have grabbed it at MSRP when you consider how expensive these go for in the 3rd party market.