• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Guys, just as a heads ups..

Barnes and Nobles carries a lot of old guides. I picked up a couple of copies of sealed Red Dead Redemption GOTYs at my local Barnes and Noble. Granted these are not at 50% off... it's nice to have grabbed it at MSRP when you consider how expensive these go for in the 3rd party market.

i have no clue as to why u bought a couple of those guides...no one will buy it at those prices...prob not even at msrp i suggest u return

#92 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Guys, just as a heads ups..

Barnes and Nobles carries a lot of old guides. I picked up a couple of copies of sealed Red Dead Redemption GOTYs at my local Barnes and Noble. Granted these are not at 50% off... it's nice to have grabbed it at MSRP when you consider how expensive these go for in the 3rd party market.

I only see one RDR GOTY LE guide go for $100, but all the others sold for msrp or lower. Doesnt seem worth it.

Edited by addicted2games, 10 January 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#93 edub3

edub3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Kick in the nuts, huh. Make you feel bad for missing out the week before so they offer the coupon. Then bring it back the next week. Good thing is if you didn't use the coupon you can get your points back when it expires.

How do you get your points back? I ordered a 50% bonus trade coupon and had to go out of town and wasn't able to use it and it expired and I didn't get any points back. If I could that would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#94 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

How do you get your points back? I ordered a 50% bonus trade coupon and had to go out of town and wasn't able to use it and it expired and I didn't get any points back. If I could that would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once you redeem points, they're gone. Don't use the coupon and that's on you. Sorry to be a jerk, but they're not going to give you back points because you didn't use the coupon.

At least that's how I've always understood it. I've never gotten points back for one unused code I had way back when.

#95 edub3

edub3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Once you redeem points, they're gone. Don't use the coupon and that's on you. Sorry to be a jerk, but they're not going to give you back points because you didn't use the coupon.

At least that's how I've always understood it. I've never gotten points back for one unused code I had way back when.

I didn't think so either but I saw someone mention it earlier. Thanks for the info.

#96 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I didn't think so either but I saw someone mention it earlier. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'd never heard of that/never got points back, so I can't imagine they started that all the sudden with how much trouble I get for trying to return used games within 7 days sometimes haha.

#97 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yeah, I'd never heard of that/never got points back, so I can't imagine they started that all the sudden with how much trouble I get for trying to return used games within 7 days sometimes haha.

You have to call PUR CS. They will see that the coupon is expired and wasn't used. They will refund the points. I have done it multiple times. I first learned out about this on CAG when some folks had coupons that disappeared on the last day they were good.

#98 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

You have to call PUR CS. They will see that the coupon is expired and wasn't used. They will refund the points. I have done it multiple times. I first learned out about this on CAG when some folks had coupons that disappeared on the last day they were good.

Huh, I stand corrected, I never knew that. Kinda sucks, I would have done that if I'd known, but I've never seen it mentioned on their site or anything.

#99 spyder69

spyder69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Where do you live that PS2s are $5 or $10?

Utah. Can't give away a PS2 or any older consoles here. Even newer systems are cheap. Last lot of 250GB Slims and/or Kinect bundles I bought were all <$100 complete. PS3 Slim systems with everything included run about $100 as well. Seems that Mormons are very privy to BF and other deals and tend to load up then...having 10+ kids each will make you look for deals apparently. ;)

This. I can see the systems alone MAYBE. But you need a controller / cables to get credit

With controller(s) and cables. However, if an A/V or power cable happens to be missing, I have about 100 of them lying around, so no biggie.

#100 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Should I pick up a guide for Dishonored? Does it need one? I bought Hitman and Skyrim so far

#101 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Should I pick up a guide for Dishonored? Does it need one? I bought Hitman and Skyrim so far

I wouldn't. From the reviews on Amazon, it's a pretty poor guide and an adequate picture-book.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#102 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Was able to get The Witcher 2 guide for $11.25 before tax. The receipt showed an additional 10% off.

This was at the dirtiest Gamestop I've ever been to. Rubber bands, paperclips and dust bunnies littered the floor behind the registers, and when the guy went to the back room to get my guide (they weren't even out on the floor display, just stacked in a huge pile in the back), I peeked back there and saw bags of trash on the floor, food on the counter (dude had to move a half loaf of bread to get to the guides) and barely a spot to walk.

The 2 employees told me that they were closing that store later this year. I can remember when it used to be a Babbage's. It's been there for years. At least there's another store down the road that the employees can transfer to.

#103 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Was able to get The Witcher 2 guide for $11.25 before tax. The receipt showed an additional 10% off.

This was at the dirtiest Gamestop I've ever been to. Rubber bands, paperclips and dust bunnies littered the floor behind the registers, and when the guy went to the back room to get my guide (they weren't even out on the floor display, just stacked in a huge pile in the back), I peeked back there and saw bags of trash on the floor, food on the counter (dude had to move a half loaf of bread to get to the guides) and barely a spot to walk.

The 2 employees told me that they were closing that store later this year. I can remember when it used to be a Babbage's. It's been there for years. At least there's another store down the road that the employees can transfer to.

I saw a small roach climbing on an Adventure Time DS case at a Gamestop I went to last week. Though I'm willing to bet your Gamestop probably has Philly-style roaches amongst all that muck.

#104 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

The grossest Gamestop I have been in was when I was subbing for one. They just had empty cases every where, and it was right after Eb/GS merged. I got there in the morning and probably cleaned for two or three hours before anyone even walked into the store. I can't say there were roaches, but it was pretty awful.

Anyway, went and got my last batch of guides yesterday and I don't think I'm going to be grabbing anymore unless this is still going on next week and I end up in the last GS relatively close to me. Either way, I got Dragon's Dogma(planning on getting into it this week), SCV, and FFXIII for ~19. So I'm pretty pleased with that.

#105 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

New ad is up. Not even worth making a new thread. Although somebody will I'm sure.

http://www.gamestop....lfsi_011613.pdf

#106 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

It's smart to end a sale on a tuesday. It makes perfect sense. More stores should do it I think.

#107 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

last year when they had the coupons to buy a 3DS for $100 when trading in your DS Lite, i never used mine and my points were returned a few days after the coupon expired.

3DS FC:  1091 8995 8627

PSN:  neiljoy

XBL:  neiljoy

Steam:  hiljay

have a day. 

#108 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Anybody know the TIV of a phat xbox 360?