Photo
- - - - -

Smartphone Thread

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your smartphone?

What's your smartphone?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

100 with a 50 dollar gift card isn't terrible, but I would think that it might just be free in a couple of weeks. 

http://www.bestbuy.c...&contract_desc=

Wouldn't be surprised to see the BB ad leak before it goes on sale, so you may actually get an idea if it is worth waiting a few days soon.

Posted Image

#182 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Link doesn't seem to work for me.  I had a Best Buy gift card that I never used from a few years ago.  With the timing of my upgrades it seems like they don't work out well with the gift cards.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to unroot and install 4.3 on my S3 Wednesday and have to deal with knox or hold off till a rom comes out that doesn't have knox.  I'm thinking I should just hold off.  The devs on xda tend to do a good job with getting around all of that if they can.

Posted Image

#183 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Link doesn't seem to work for me.  I had a Best Buy gift card that I never used from a few years ago.  With the timing of my upgrades it seems like they don't work out well with the gift cards.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to unroot and install 4.3 on my S3 Wednesday and have to deal with knox or hold off till a rom comes out that doesn't have knox.  I'm thinking I should just hold off.  The devs on xda tend to do a good job with getting around all of that if they can.

just read this on xda. maybe you are interested?

http://www.xda-devel...e-galaxy-s-iii/
76561198025510545.png

#184 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

That's a leaked version for the international.  As far as I know the international and I think AT&T have 4.3 out that was leaked with no knox.

Posted Image

#185 Kickahole88

Kickahole88

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

android all the way..

#186 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

That's a leaked version for the international. As far as I know the international and I think AT&T have 4.3 out that was leaked with no knox.

What version/region/carrier are you needing?

76561198025510545.png

#187 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I believe that the international gs3 has different internals than the american version. I know it doesn't have LTE and I believe it has a different processor.

Posted Image

#188 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

What version/region/carrier are you needing?

Sprint and last I knew it still hasn't dropped yet.  It was supposed to be out today from what all the sources said.

Posted Image

#189 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just got my 32GB Nexus 5 from the play store yesterday. Was a bit annoying to activate with sprint due to them being unprepared. Great phone so far though. Nothing like stock android.

Glad to be done with the touchwiz from my note II

531906_10151753094934142_2120088232_n.jp

Unlocked iPhone 5s 32GB = $749 | Unlocked Nexus 5 32GB = $399
lulz.....

#190 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Calling businesses with the nexus 5 is the coolest thing ever. Shit goes to the internet and pulls all the contact information.

Posted Image

#191 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

iphone 5s for both my wife and i

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#192 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

The G2 will be $50 at Best Buy on Black Friday. I wonder how difficult it will be getting in on that deal. The price is with a 2 year activation.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#193 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

I recently switched to an HTC One... this phone is a BAMF.

MLIFTgM.gif

#194 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

The new Moto G seems pretty cool, great price for what you get!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#195 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

The G2 will be $50 at Best Buy on Black Friday. I wonder how difficult it will be getting in on that deal. The price is with a 2 year activation.

Its been between $50 and 100 a couple of times already, so it may not be worth risking life and limb for it. I got mine for $50 at BB just before Halloween. If you're on at&t, I highly recommend removing or stopping the CarrierIQ service. Battery is excellent afterwards. I'm going on 59 hours of normal use (for a work week) without charging and I'm at 19% charge.

#196 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Its been between $50 and 100 a couple of times already, so it may not be worth risking life and limb for it. I got mine for $50 at BB just before Halloween. If you're on at&t, I highly recommend removing or stopping the CarrierIQ service. Battery is excellent afterwards. I'm going on 59 hours of normal use (for a work week) without charging and I'm at 19% charge.

I'm actually on Sprint which barely released it last week. It's currently $100 at Best Buy with a $50 Gift card it seems. I might just go with that and not deal with Black Friday madness

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#197 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Went with the moto X for $50 at Best Buy. I also got a $50 GC. I like the phone so far. Its a lot faster than the Atrix 2 and the battery lasts a long time

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#198 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

I recently switched to an HTC One... this phone is a BAMF.

Yeah, LOVE mine. Too bad HTC doesn't get much respect.

#199 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

HTC one is a great piece of hardware. Too bad they mess it up with the sense software. Nothing beats the stock android OS

#200 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

HTC one is a great piece of hardware. Too bad they mess it up with the sense software. Nothing beats the stock android OS

That's what the Google Play Edition is for. ;)

I just wish more manufacturers went that route.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#201 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

I personally don't mind Sense.

MLIFTgM.gif

#202 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

That's what the Google Play Edition is for. ;)

I just wish more manufacturers went that route.

agreed, if only it wasn't so expensive. as cool as the HTC one hardware is, it's hard to justify spending $200 more than the Nexus 5. Plus the Nexus 5 supports the stupid sprint CDMA bands so I didn't have much choice anyway

#203 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

My wife and I both got the GPe S4 back in July.  We were in dire need of an upgrade, otherwise we would have waited for the iphone 5s or the Nexus 5.  Are they selling the Nexus at a loss?  That's a bargain price for such a great phone.  

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#204 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

Blinkfeed actually isn't as bad as I thought when I first started using it. Kind of convenient to have headlines and whatnot on the homepage.

#205 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

agreed, if only it wasn't so expensive. as cool as the HTC one hardware is, it's hard to justify spending $200 more than the Nexus 5. Plus the Nexus 5 supports the stupid sprint CDMA bands so I didn't have much choice anyway

No doubt. That's why I'm kinda kicking the can on getting a new phone. I can spend about $600 on an Xperia Z1 or $350 on a Nexus 5 that's just as good for all intents and purposes. Is the 20MP camera worth the extra $250? Not really when I can buy the Sony QX10 NFC camera attachment for even better photos than the Z1.

My wife and I both got the GPe S4 back in July.  We were in dire need of an upgrade, otherwise we would have waited for the iphone 5s or the Nexus 5.  Are they selling the Nexus at a loss?  That's a bargain price for such a great phone.

Yup, Google is selling it at a loss. The true price of the handset is actually $100 more like the price through Tmobile and they're not even making a profit on it. The second I saw that they were blowing out the Nexus 4 at $200, I called my cousin right away to buy one...haha.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#206 plvl

plvl

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I use the new us 5, you can't beat the price. If that is still a little much, the moto G will be sold 180 off contract, which is also great. More expensive options are the moto x, HTC one, note 3 and s4.all are great choices.

#207 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Need some help. I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhilerate and a few weeks ago, my home screen changed from my normal one to a blue screen with the time, weather, and 5 icons. I couldn't get into the App screen or access my Widgets without escaping out of all my programs. This was annoying, but only last a few hours.

Now, a Samsung ToS prompt keeps popping up out of nowhere and if I don't agree, I can't use Voice Command. I don't use VC and never will, but escaping or declining ends up screwing up my pages. What the hell is going on?