Photo
- - - - -

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray][Region Free] - Amazon UK - $53.82

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Amazon UK has Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray][Region Free] for $53.82 shipped.

"Order Total: GBP 32.33
(Payment Total: USD 53.82**)"

I have not really followed the releases of this, but it seems that it has everything the current $176.99 US release has except for "The Plan" movie.

http://www.amazon.co...t?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#2 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I really want this but having them all on DVD is it that much of an upgrade?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Dayum... Crazy prices. I wish the DVD version would drop to 30 or so. I'd buy it in a second to rewatch. I won't have a BR player until the next Xbox comes out...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#4 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yes it is (here are some reviews of the blu-ray set). Also, you should be able to unload the DVDs for about $70-80. Think of it as a free upgrade.
Xecutioner
CML

#5 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Not including "The Plan" is not a loss at all IMO.
Long, boring and not very insightful if you ask me.

I sold off the full series long ago, but based on pricing, I will probably grab the UK version in the near future.

#6 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Not including "The Plan" is not a loss at all IMO.
Long, boring and not very insightful if you ask me.

I sold off the full series long ago, but based on pricing, I will probably grab the UK version in the near future.

My OCD would make me buy it to complete the set/series. I do already have it on DVD I also have "Razor" on a seperate DVD even though its included in on of the season sets. If I know I could get at least $60.00-$70.00 for all my DVD season sets without having to deal with E-bay I would do it in a second.

#7 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Anyone know of a good place to unload a mint BGS S1 DVD set and a sealed BGS S4 BLU-Ray?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Dayum... Crazy prices. I wish the DVD version would drop to 30 or so. I'd buy it in a second to rewatch. I won't have a BR player until the next Xbox comes out...

I won't have one for a few more years, that price is stunning. I'd buy it on DVD for that price.

The Plan is so bad I think it actually wrecks the show, it's just so stupid and was just made for a cash grab.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#9 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

2013 and we're still getting questions like this :roll:

#10 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Not all blu ray come out as good or better then dvd.
I agree, its worth it to upgrade. I got the series when best buy had it for $20 each.

#11 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

I agree. The answer is usually subjective. I say if you plan on watching it repeatedly in the future, then upgrade and sell the old DVD set on eBay or give it away as a gift to a family member or friend. If you have an awesome big 1080p TV and you plan on watching BSG over and over, of course upgrade it. If you have the ability to sell DVDs on eBay (I assume you do if you can post on CAG), I say upgrade. If you have $53.82 worth of disposable income, then it's time to upgrade.

#12 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Thanks OP. Decided to order a set even though I have access to all the episodes on Netflix. Been meaning to re-watch the series for a while now, but as amazing as the show is, there are definitely more than a few "filler" eps and story lines that don't really go anywhere in the first couple seasons (Starbuck's Cylon abduction/testing thing comes to mind). Having all those special features and commentaries to dive into might get me back into the mood though. And $50 for the whole set is pretty insane, really.

#13 todd mitchell

todd mitchell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

In for 1 thanks OP!

#14 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

This better be in stock on friday! So getting this.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#15 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Not all blu ray come out as good or better then dvd.

But 99% of them do, especially when you factor in the improvements you get on the audio side.

And I completely agree with the poster who said to ignore The Plan. I remember being so excited when it was coming out... what a let-down.

#16 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

So has anyone who ordered this gotten theirs yet? I placed an order and they appear to have missed their estimated delivery date by over a week. Still nothing.

#17 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

So has anyone who ordered this gotten theirs yet? I placed an order and they appear to have missed their estimated delivery date by over a week. Still nothing.

I never got my copy and it was also overdue by a week. I contacted them yesterday and they have already sent out another copy with upgraded shipping for free.

#18 todd mitchell

todd mitchell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yeah mine was supposed to be here Feb 1 -still nothing gonna give it another week then start bugging them. I remember ordering Pacific/Band of brothers combo from Amazon UK and taking awhile but not a month. I will post when (if) I receive it.

#19 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Still waiting on mine as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Wow, everyone working in the customs department must be having on hell of a BSG viewing party!

#21 spidey193

spidey193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Same here. Mine was a week past the estimated delivery date when I emailed customer service. They sent out another one with free upgraded shipping and I got it about 5 days later.

#22 GrendelPrime999

GrendelPrime999

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

In for 1!

#23 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

They sent another one here as well. Of course, they didn't upgrade the shipping so my estimated arrival date on this one is some time in March.

#24 todd mitchell

todd mitchell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

New dispatch date of March 6th. 2 months for delivery! I think Columbus made it over quicker.

#25 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Wtf that is an amazing deal! I'd totally buy it if I didn't already own all the seasons individually.

SteamWidget.PNG

#26 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Emailed them and got another sent over with priority shipping. Anticipating it some time this week. Kind of wished they had initially shipped it this efficiently to being with.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Yeah I never got my order either. I sent them an email and they are sending me another one that *should* get here in a week.

Blimey. Glad I checked this thread again.

#28 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well, I'm officially jealous of everyone that got the upgraded shipping. Hopefully they'll upgrade me in March when I'm sitting here wondering where my discs are. Heh.

#29 todd mitchell

todd mitchell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Well, I'm officially jealous of everyone that got the upgraded shipping. Hopefully they'll upgrade me in March when I'm sitting here wondering where my discs are. Heh.

I didn't get upgraded shipping. I wonder why the ball was dropped on so many orders. I would love to know the reason this happened. Got a lengthy definition on how to return if 2 get delivered though.

#30 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Welp, they said I was getting upgraded shipping but now it's been changed to March 7. Completely frakkin' ridiculous.