Countdown till E3 (the Xbox 720/Nexbox/3's launch)

[quote name='Erad30']I'm calling it now-Kinect only system, everyone will hate it.[/QUOTE]

I do believe you won't be able to buy one without kinect 2. I have no evidence, just a hunch.

Making it a mandatory part of the system makes things like voice control a no-brainer all over the UI and in games.

[quote name='Erad30']I'm calling it now-Kinect only system, everyone will hate it.[/QUOTE]

I might just stab my eye(s) with a fork.

Honestly that seems realistic. Built in Kinect sensor but with a controller as well and "next gen" graphics. I'm not seeing this cheaper then $500 but MS might surprise me.

I hope there's no built in Kinect, because I keep my system hidden away. Not that it matters anyway, probably won't use the damn Kinect portion anyway unless my son wants to play.

I know it will have been 8 years by the time it comes out and the current hardware is really showing its age, but I'm still going to be sad when this generation is done. I don't like some of the trends that have popped up in recent years (everyone doing motion control, online passes, companies nickel and diming us with DLC, Live charging for stuff that should be free, and everyone trying to kill used games, among other things) and they are only going to push even further towards all of that next time.

I will be sad to see this generation go, but will be stuck on it for a bit longer than most because I don't see myself buying a new system with a small library right off the bat. With the current graphics being more than good enough for me it won't be that hard to wait (especially with my backlog). The only thing that could make me want to upgrade is madden lol.

I am hoping for some digital tv deals. I am hoping for some 4k digital movie downloads. Maybe hfr movies. Hopefully adding a whole lot more functionality to make cable boxes and all other media players obsolete. Maybe even home automation.

For me, a substantially improved Kinect is actually a key thing that would get me to upgrade. I love Dance Central and an even better Dance Central due to better Kinect is a big deal. Of course other improvements won't hurt, but Kinect is the one area where improvements could be substantial. Better graphics? They are already getting great graphics out of games. Halo 4 looks fantastic.

You know I thought they were having trouble fitting some games on DVD disks as it is. How will they fit a next gen game on there. They can't use blu-ray becasue it's owned by Sony. I predict 2 disk game installs.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Bluray is not owned by sony[/QUOTE]
Oh never mind, I thought that was why Microsoft didn't come out with a blu-ray drive.

[quote name='cfootball1']Oh never mind, I thought that was why Microsoft didn't come out with a blu-ray drive.[/QUOTE]

They launched a year before the PS3 and Bluray wasn't out yet. And they probably didn't want to jack up launch prices and hurt sales like Sony did with the PS3 being $500-600 at launch (mostly $600 as the cheaper units were pretty hard to find).

I don't know if I'll buy another console period. Definitely not interested in buying anything at launch as I have plenty to play on my 360 and PS3 for a couple years at the least.

[quote name='dmaul1114']They launched a year before the PS3 and Bluray wasn't out yet. And they probably didn't want to jack up launch prices and hurt sales like Sony did with the PS3 being $500-600 at launch (mostly $600 as the cheaper units were pretty hard to find).

I don't know if I'll buy another console period. Definitely not interested in buying anything at launch as I have plenty to play on my 360 and PS3 for a couple years at the least.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm always amazed when people who claim to have so much knowledge about gaming don't remember the console launch of the current generation. Since it's been so long, I do tend to wonder how many of the people that say this nonsense were even alive or at least old enough to buy a console for themselves for the previous generation and the start of this one. 8 years is a long time, someone that's 20 now was 12 then after all.

I think we're going to see a $199.99 subsidized Xbox 720 if you buy it under a 2 year XBL Gold contract. The console will cost either 399.99 or 499.99 if bought outright. They won't go to 600 because of the PS3 failure at that price point. Even 500 seems a bit of a stretch.

[quote name='perdition(troy']People will do nothing but lol at m$ if they come out at 500 for the console.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that would be a hard sale. I do think that it's possible that it will be 500 with their discounted plan. In other words, you do a contract to pay 15 a month for XBL then you get a $500 console for 200. $400 to $200 seems more realistic though.

MS can certainly afford to eat almost an unlimited amount of losses. They have mountains of cash. I wonder if Sony will be able to compete without bankrupting themselves? They've got to be worried considering the position they're in.

bread's done
Back