Photo
- - - - -

Target to Price Match Online Competitors Permanently (January 2013)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I've had nothing but,problems trying to pm online prices at my Target so much so I've given up.Target needs to educate their employees about their pm policy.

#32 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

so people finally admitted the truth, that Amazon really doesn't have better prices/service, and it was always TAXES that made the difference

So I guess the local gov't finally did something right, and made sure B&M gets a fair and balanced playing field that keeps local jobs and local economy and local businesses in business

LOL!!! now that Amazon is forced to collect taxes, B&M seem to now be price-matching them too..

I also have to wonder, since I am willing to bet many CAG'ers here are probably low retail workers themselves, and depending on such jobs so that they can even afford the stuff they buy.. And yet they pretty much want Amazon to shut them out of any possible jobs by competing with a NO TAX benefit to shopping, some people really do want to vote against their own best interest..:sad:

#33 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

What are they following? Best Buy already matches all those but Amazon. I wouldn't want my 60 days (silver) to go down to 7 days. As for Amazon, they mainly just match one of the other competitors that you can match anyways.

As for the 7 days, it isn't a problem at Target. Their return policy is 90 days. Rebuy/return. There is your PM. My local location this Xmas just did the match when I dropped that I could do that practice.

Ok so um hopefully BB will follow and match Amazon

:booty:

#34 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

best buy still wins this.

45-60 day price matching, reward zone points, $20 pre order promo certs that stack with price matching.

not to mention their high trade values which make for extra credit in their store... the 5% on my target card pales in comparison.
Posted Image

#35 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

That is why people love amazon. No taxes. Once amazon starts charging taxes in your state then suddenly best buy, Walmart and GameStop don't seem so bad after all.

Well no, Gamestop is always going to seem bad for anyone who doesn't have head trauma.

The others stores aren't as painful if they're close or you're going by.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#36 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Interesting, I wonder if the seller on Amazon.com has to be Amazon.com in order for a Target competitor price match? I might not be reading the fine type/print correctly.

This might be a better option for me if my state starts to collect taxes on Amazon purchases.

I was wondering this as well, and after glancing at the stipulations, I haven't come across them indicating as such.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#37 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!blah blah blah

Technically, Amazon never had a tax benefit. The onus was just on the individual to report to their local government - aka use tax. Because most people don't even know about it was why Amazon got stuck with collecting it where they do now.

#38 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

so people finally admitted the truth, that Amazon really doesn't have better prices/service, and it was always TAXES that made the difference

So I guess the local gov't finally did something right, and made sure B&M gets a fair and balanced playing field that keeps local jobs and local economy and local businesses in business

LOL!!! now that Amazon is forced to collect taxes, B&M seem to now be price-matching them too..

I also have to wonder, since I am willing to bet many CAG'ers here are probably low retail workers themselves, and depending on such jobs so that they can even afford the stuff they buy.. And yet they pretty much want Amazon to shut them out of any possible jobs by competing with a NO TAX benefit to shopping, some people really do want to vote against their own best interest..:sad:

lol nope

I always used Amazon for their amazing CS and better prices.
Now that B&M stores are actively matching Amazon's prices, I may as well support local retail for some items.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#39 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

This is great news especially since my nearest target is just three blocks away. :).

#40 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

What surprises me is that Walmart still doesn't match their online, so it's amazing that Target matches both that and their own online site.

Too bad Sears is still so far behind. (We match bestbuy.com at least!)

#41 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Trying to get customer service at walmart is about the equivalent of having a root canal, I would never expect them to give in to anything, even price matching their own site. Target is a different story altogether though.

#42 Nfamous209

Nfamous209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Another question so they won't match clearance prices. What about Target.com clearance prices will they match those????

Edited by Nfamous209, 08 January 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#43 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try getting off the soapbox once in a while.

Tax payment on online purchases when the seller doesn't collect on the purchase has to be filed on your taxes as use tax. Amazon is just doing what they should be doing

Even if Amazon would charge tax on a purchase for me, more times than not, it's still cheaper than retail and there's the priceless savings of my free time not used up to go out to pick up the item from the store. Free time is a bit scarce for some people and being able to order it and have it shipped to my door is well worth it.

Perfect example for something I just purchased:
PS Vita USB cable, $19.99 at Target B&M, $11.09 at Amazon. Even with tax on both sides of that purchase collected at time of purchase, I'm still saving $8.90 on the purchase.

#44 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

https://corporate.ta...w-price-promise

Price matching:
Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com (or a local competitor ad). Applies at checkout our for purchases within the last seven days.

Primary Exclusions:
The usual - clearance, out of stock, marketplace items, Black Friday, Cyber Monday.

Full Exclusions:

Spoiler

You can use your REDcard to save an extra 5%, and any manufacturer coupons come off the price matched price (not really applicable for games too often).

I guess Uncharted 2 goty on clearanced and out of stock online for 5.98$ is a no go...

#45 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

woooo online pm not available for Hawaii and Alaska. FU target FU guess all the other retailers can still take my business.

#46 Nfamous209

Nfamous209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I guess Uncharted 2 goty on clearanced and out of stock online for 5.98$ is a no go...

Little slow today so your saying Target won't match their Target.com clearance prices?

#47 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Little slow today so your saying Target won't match their Target.com clearance prices?

Reading from the OP post its still ymmv ... Depends on your target . But there not going to pm clearance and if its out of stock its a double no no

#48 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

So by their price match policy, Gamestop and Gamestop.com are not valid for price matching at Target?
Posted Image

#49 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

$69.99 Assassins Creed LE at Best Buy price matched at target? :D