Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#331 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Thats what I thought....
Im used to stacking coupons for BluRays and all the shenanigans that go along with MFG coupons so I knew something was up but just wanted out of the store after turning in some cell phones and figured I would call and get a GC or credit when I had time....
Funny thing was he kept reading the coupon and saying it couldnt be combined yet the coupon specifies to ring everything in that order....guess he should have called for manager override but whatever....Thanks again.....

Had this happen to me the other day. For some reason it doesn't stack properly like it used to. Went back in and asked for the $2.50 I was owed after using the $10 coupon on a $35 game. Used it to buy Angry Birds for my little bro.

#332 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't think I have ever gotten the 10% with a coupon. I know you are supposed to, but I don't think their system automatically does it. I believe it requires an override.

#333 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't think I have ever gotten the 10% with a coupon. I know you are supposed to, but I don't think their system automatically does it. I believe it requires an override.

The GCU for preowned? Last time I used the $10 off $29.99 it was applied automatically. Your rep must be doing something wrong.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#334 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Try having the employee manually type in your phone number for your Reward Zone account, I believe that makes a difference for whatever reason. The one time my GCU 10% used discount didn't automatically combine with a used coupon was when I had them scan a printout of the barcode for my Reward Zone... using phone number instead always works for me (last time was months ago though).

#335 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

This is from the page before the coupons in @Gamer where an employee writes a quick blurb about that month's games:

For instance, you can score Soulcalibur V or Final Fantasy XIII-2 for a mere 10 bucks. Or how about Prototype 2 for $15? Heck yeah.

So, is this just a mistake or do you think this is foreshadowing that FF XIII-2 is going to go on sale to $30 (thus making it $10 after coupon, as opposed to $20 right now)?
tl

#336 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Looks like you don't need to buy the CE of prototype 2 to get the extra game content.. thats included in the copies we saw in BB today.

We almost picked it up, but while it might be fun, our backlog of games is huge, and there are other more enticing titles we'd want to get to before we'd get around to it.

(We JUST realized we also have all 5 Asassins Creed games to burn through!)

#337 Lemmywinks

Lemmywinks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

I dropped into BB today planning to use 2 coupons, Soul Calibur V and Tiger Woods...boy was I shocked. Neither in stock...was looking for the Novella versions of FFXIII-2...no dice there either. Why is this game $39.99 again??? I was able to pick up Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition PS3. The cashier was new, and called a new supervisor over, but he approved the coupon and it rang up as "MFG Coupon". Happy with that.
Thanks OP, for always giving us a heads up on the coupons.

#338 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

I dropped into BB today planning to use 2 coupons, Soul Calibur V and Tiger Woods...boy was I shocked. Neither in stock...was looking for the Novella versions of FFXIII-2...no dice there either. Why is this game $39.99 again???

I know, right? If it was just $10 less, I'd totally trade in my old copy and then buy a novella copy with the coupon (amusingly, they didn't have any novella copies when I bought mine with the last unlocked coupon...and, then, after selling out of those during the coupon month, they restocked with ALL novella copies).

#339 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

this came up at BB forums re: coupons for special editions
http://forums.bestbu...ns/idi-p/651434

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#340 HappyBruiser

HappyBruiser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Just for fun I tried using the Tiger Woods 13 for $19.99 at Walmart tonight. They did not "gladly accept" my coupon. Two associates and two managers chased me out of the store with baseball bats like I was trying to rob the place.

Took 15 minutes for them to admit that their coupon policy states that they accept "competitors' coupons for a specific item for a specified price". After that they denied my coupon because it says "customers must be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member".

What do you guys think? I think the spirit of the Walmart coupon policy would honor these type coupons.

#341 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Still no issue! Time to call...
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#342 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I haven't used one of those coupons in a while but it used to work just fine. I always handed them the coupon last, not sure if that made a difference or not, but the 10% would come off then the coupon. Never any issue.

Now, the 10% does have one notable glitch and that has been the B2G1 sales. In store, it doesn't stack the 10% and the deal (even though it actually should because the 10% has no limitations stated in the member pamphlet that I can recall) but it does stack online. So to get the 10% off on those sales you either have to do in-store pick up for shipping from the site.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#343 htz

htz

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

I haven't used one of those coupons in a while but it used to work just fine. I always handed them the coupon last, not sure if that made a difference or not, but the 10% would come off then the coupon. Never any issue.

Now, the 10% does have one notable glitch and that has been the B2G1 sales. In store, it doesn't stack the 10% and the deal (even though it actually should because the 10% has no limitations stated in the member pamphlet that I can recall) but it does stack online. So to get the 10% off on those sales you either have to do in-store pick up for shipping from the site.

The last time I bought a pre-owned game from BB in-store with a coupon was last March and it stacked fine. The only glitch I know of and that a corporate employee on the forums has confirmed is that the 10% off does not work with more than one title per order in-store hence why it doesn't stack on B2G1 free offers.

Also to answer those asking about @gamer coupons working on special editions or collectors editions. They only work on standard editions 95% of the time, the only @gamer issue I could remember that it worked on SE/CE is the September mag from last year for Prototype 2 and Mass Effect 3 which was made clear on the BB forums.

#344 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

The last time I bought a pre-owned game from BB in-store with a coupon was last March and it stacked fine. The only glitch I know of and that a corporate employee on the forums has confirmed is that the 10% off does not work with more than one title per order in-store hence why it doesn't stack on B2G1 free offers.

Also to answer those asking about @gamer coupons working on special editions or collectors editions. They only work on standard editions 95% of the time, the only @gamer issue I could remember that it worked on SE/CE is the September mag from last year for Prototype 2 and Mass Effect 3 which was made clear on the BB forums.

I don't know if there is a true difference in the UPC and such, but I know the Final Fantasy coupon worked with the novella version and the non-novella version. There were a few others that worked with more than one version I thought, but I can't recall them by name so I can't make much of an argument on it.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#345 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Still no issue! Time to call...

Same here, didnt get a Dec issue either.

#346 htz

htz

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I don't know if there is a true difference in the UPC and such, but I know the Final Fantasy coupon worked with the novella version and the non-novella version. There were a few others that worked with more than one version I thought, but I can't recall them by name so I can't make much of an argument on it.

The final fantasy novella is not a SE/CE, it just a pre-order exclusive from BB. Essentially day 1 launch copies of the standard edition game.

#347 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I may stop by today and try to use the coupon on the SoulCalibur CE. Worth a shot.

Also, has anyone played this Nier game?
My BB has a ton of them on the shelf for 9.50. I'll probably pick it up, since I'll give almost anything a try at $10 or under.

#348 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I may stop by today and try to use the coupon on the SoulCalibur CE. Worth a shot.

Also, has anyone played this Nier game?
My BB has a ton of them on the shelf for 9.50. I'll probably pick it up, since I'll give almost anything a try at $10 or under.

Nier is awesome. I highly recommend it, well worth $10.

#349 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I only see Nier available as used for $17.99, and none in any store at least 2 hours away highway.

#350 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I only see Nier available as used for $17.99, and none in any store at least 2 hours away highway.

Probably on clearance at his store

#351 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Nier is awesome. I highly recommend it, well worth $10.

I think Nier is awesome as well, I really enjoyed playing through it to get the different endings. Great deal at $10.

#352 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

...was looking for the Novella versions of FFXIII-2...no dice there either. Why is this game $39.99 again???

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the $20 off coupon in the current mag. Nothing at all. Pretty sure.

But to be at least semi-constructive in case anyone from BB is listening, $10 is the price at which I would buy. So get it back down to $30 regular and we're in business.

#353 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Nier is pretty awesome. I enjoyed it alot great price. Seen it for the same at a few local BB as well.
Posted Image

#354 Lemmywinks

Lemmywinks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the $20 off coupon in the current mag. Nothing at all. Pretty sure.

But to be at least semi-constructive in case anyone from BB is listening, $10 is the price at which I would buy. So get it back down to $30 regular and we're in business.

I concur. Isn't it silly to pay $39.99 (or even $19.99) for a game that will more than likely go Greatest Hits? I mean, I think every FF ever has went GH.

#355 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

final fantasy 13-2 is going to be offically a year old by feb or march correct ? mabye the game will get the gh/ph treatment before these coupons expire. if it happens that will be the 29.99 price we are waiting for to stack the coupon with so mabye bestbuy wont put it on sale cause of that. every ff on playstation consoles has gotten the gh treatment and this wont be an exception :)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#356 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

FF 13-2 is cheaper on amazon even after the coupon right now.

default.png2.png

#357 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

i remember this coupon came out on the same month of the batma:akrham city for $10 with the gamers coupon, lol. That is when i first signed up for gamers unlocked membership.

#358 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Has anyone had any problems buying a used game off the website and doing a return rebuy with the $10 coupon?

#359 ppl

ppl

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Could someone upload a scan or pdf copy for the coupon page? Would like to get SCV@$10 ...

#360 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Could someone upload a scan or pdf copy for the coupon page? Would like to get SCV@$10 ...

Pm me your address and I'll mail you mine. Monday is a holiday so I'll get it in the mail Tuesday for you.