Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#361 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Could someone upload a scan or pdf copy for the coupon page? Would like to get SCV@$10 ...

You have been here many years, you should know CAG hates SD behavior. And they no longer take scans since the last fiasco.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#362 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Any chance 13-2 drops to 29.99 this month? lol

#363 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

6 months ago I would have said there is a good chance, wish I could still say that.

#364 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Not this month, but this issue is a double issue so the coupons are good until the end of February. On the page before the coupons, it even says that Soul Calibur V and FFXIII-2 are supposed to be $9.99, so maybe Best Buy is staggering their promotions like Sony did for Playstation Plus offerings. It would be better for their business if they got you into the store more than once than have you pick up all the loss leader items in one fell swoop.

#365 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Not really using the coupons lately. Just holding for something decent or til the sub runs out.

#366 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

This is strange....no magazine yet.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#367 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

well a game gets the gh/ph box after a year and ff 13-2 will offically be a year old in the us
on the 31'st of this month so that means there will be over a month untill the coupon expires for the game to hit gh/ph status. if it gets the treatment after the coupon expires ill be mad lol
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#368 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Not this month, but this issue is a double issue so the coupons are good until the end of February. On the page before the coupons, it even says that Soul Calibur V and FFXIII-2 are supposed to be $9.99, so maybe Best Buy is staggering their promotions like Sony did for Playstation Plus offerings. It would be better for their business if they got you into the store more than once than have you pick up all the loss leader items in one fell swoop.

Overlooked this was a double month issue. Makes the deals feel even worse.

#369 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Overlooked this was a double month issue. Makes the deals feel even worse.

i know right. normally on the double months I'm like "more potential / time for a sale or drop. this time I'm like "crap, now i gotta wait until march"

#370 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

My Best Buy had an exclusive FF13-2 with the Novella so I bit for $19.99.

#371 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Renewed my GCU yesterday, and the girl said that after this issue they are going completely digital. Not sure how true that is.

#372 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Where do you find your GCU renewal date?

#373 enigma

enigma

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Where do you find your GCU renewal date?

Log in to the mail RZ site. It should say in the right hand bar (where it lists your points and such) near the top.

#374 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

going digital only? How do coupons work with the digital editions? wouldnt they be the same as a scanned copy?

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#375 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

going digital only? How do coupons work with the digital editions? wouldnt they be the same as a scanned copy?

No the digital coupons are unique and one-time use.

#376 Kanokare

Kanokare

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

How do we switch to digital now? I would rather stay with the physical form, but if they're making us go digital then I should switch asap during this 2 month edition.

If you are new to GMG and want to receive 2 dollar credit after your first purchase of over 2 dollars, use this REFERRAL.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming - My Youtube channel :)

76561197990616966.png     uc.png

#377 enigma

enigma

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

How do we switch to digital now? I would rather stay with the physical form, but if they're making us go digital then I should switch asap during this 2 month edition.

Why switch, especially if you'd prefer to keep receiving physical copies? It seems to only be a rumor at this point. If it is true, why not ride it out so you get the most print versions as you're able? And if it turns out that it isn't true, well then you just converted yourself over to a medium that you didn't want in then first place for nothing.

#378 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Why switch, especially if you'd prefer to keep receiving physical copies? It seems to only be a rumor at this point. If it is true, why not ride it out so you get the most print versions as you're able? And if it turns out that it isn't true, well then you just converted yourself over to a medium that you didn't want in then first place for nothing.

I'll switch to digital only if/when it's confirmed that they will be issuing 2 coupons for each product. One for in-store and one for online. If that pans out you'd be crazy to stick with the physical mag.

#379 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'll switch to digital only if/when it's confirmed that they will be issuing 2 coupons for each product. One for in-store and one for online. If that pans out you'd be crazy to stick with the physical mag.

Some people value good, physical toilet material.

#380 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

If it does, I'm totally in for trading in my copy for one of the novella copies my store got in. But, at the current price, I'm not paying $14 post-trade-in just to get that novella...hhmmm

#381 Kanokare

Kanokare

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

That's true, I actually would be switching asap when it is confirmed and having the info on how to convert to digital would be handy when the time comes. In the end I don't care either way if it stays digital or physical, I joined GCU for the pre order benefits and the mag is just a nice bonus.

If you are new to GMG and want to receive 2 dollar credit after your first purchase of over 2 dollars, use this REFERRAL.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming - My Youtube channel :)

76561197990616966.png     uc.png

#382 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

I believe major changes are coming to @gamer, most of it will be thanks to enufs ideaX suggestions on BB's forum. I had a discussion with kyle about the 2 coupons, he wouldn't confirm it or deny it but did hint at changes are coming. ;)

#383 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I think there is a good chance that FF XIII-2 drops to $30, because in the @Gamer mag it says you will be able to pick it up for $10. So either that is an error, or it is foreshadowing a sale/price drop.
tl

#384 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Some people value good, physical toilet material.

got a stack of unread books for that my friend. the only way i get through them is a trip to taco bell lol

#385 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I went and signed up in store the other night. I asked the associate if I get a magazine when signing up or did I have to wait for one in the mail he informed me the only do digital now. Is this accurate or did this guy not know what he was talking about? I really prefer an actual magazine opposed to getting a digital copy via email. If so how do I go about switching this over? I really only signed up for $20 on the reserved games I plan on buying this year, but the magazine was a nice bonus.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#386 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

I believe major changes are coming to @gamer, most of it will be thanks to enufs ideaX suggestions on BB's forum. I had a discussion with kyle about the 2 coupons, he wouldn't confirm it or deny it but did hint at changes are coming. ;)

Once they 1st started to update the statuses from the ideax it was one after the other. As long as the idea is feasible, makes BB money & provides a high value that can be provided to the customer they are in but it just takes alot of time to get from point A to B.
I'm really interested in the Silver Tier for GCU since it can bring back the $10 for $150 spent along with added coupons. The higher upfront cost/earning in also allows for much higher discounts/coupon amounts...that 430 off SSX coupon comes to mind since it's basically 50% off.

#387 enigma

enigma

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

I went and signed up in store the other night. I asked the associate if I get a magazine when signing up or did I have to wait for one in the mail he informed me the only do digital now. Is this accurate or did this guy not know what he was talking about? I really prefer an actual magazine opposed to getting a digital copy via email. If so how do I go about switching this over? I really only signed up for $20 on the reserved games I plan on buying this year, but the magazine was a nice bonus.

If they had the magazine in-store, you should have gotten one upon signing up. My store has a large sign (and I know this because I just happened to read it per chance when I was in their a few days ago) right below where the magazines are on the shelf, clearly stating that you can take one of them home free "today" if you sign up for GCU.

#388 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

So am I just wrong or are these coupons supposed to stack with the 10% off used games discount? I bought KOA yesterday and the register would not apply both discounts, just one or the other. Even when the manager tried to do it manually, it wouldnt apply both. She eventually calculated the 10 percent and took both off manually at once for me because I insisted its always been that way.

I called the silver rewards line just for clarification and the lady said it was one discount or the other but not both. I asked what the point of paying for GCU was then and she issued me a $15 reward cerificate, which really wasnt my intention for calling but i wasnt going to refuse it.

#389 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

I haven't gotten my copy of the magazine this month yet and my store has a big stack of them. So what's the best course of action besides shoplifting one?

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#390 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I haven't gotten my copy of the magazine this month yet and my store has a big stack of them. So what's the best course of action besides shoplifting one?

Ask for the gaming manager and explain your situation. It'd be best if you had a copy of your receipt showing that you purchased the @gamer subscription. This exact thing happened to me my first month and I was able to have the manager give me a copy.

You'd be surprised the nice things people will do for you if you're honest about how you approach the situation.