Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#511 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

thanks whoever updated this thread. I'm not hot on the Prototype series, but for $5 dollars i can't say no.

#512 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

i am aware just merely stating some games are not worth even free.

Yes that is true. Same with a lot of other games and arcades as well. Even a 75% discount on an arcade or a 160/200 MS pts price is not worth the game. I only buy games im interested in. If they are cheap but uninteresting to me ill just pass.

512847.png

#513 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Huntington NY was stocked as can be with radnet ps3

#514 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

I just finished P1 this week and i am about halfway done with P2 (which is way better).

I bought P2 when it was $15 with the coupon, I tried to get my $10 back tonight and they said i was double dipping and that even if I walked in the store today and bought the game the coupon wouldn't work on the sale price. So, I walked over with my coupon (that they didn't take before) and bought another P2 for $5. I am going to return my other copy for $15 tomorrow. Damn you BB!

Also got Sleeping Dogs, the coupon wouldn't work so the guy just took off the coupon price. My gcu %10 didn't stack but I only paid tax on $19 instead of the retail price, so it worked out.

#515 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

It's nice to see an @gamer coupon coincide with a price drop again. I've never played either Prototype, but there's no reason to not pick it up for $5. Even if I never play it, it will make a good add-on gift.

#516 J7.

J7.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Can you buy the 360 and PS3 version with the coupon?

#517 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I just finished P1 this week and i am about halfway done with P2 (which is way better).

I bought P2 when it was $15 with the coupon, I tried to get my $10 back tonight and they said i was double dipping and that even if I walked in the store today and bought the game the coupon wouldn't work on the sale price. So, I walked over with my coupon (that they didn't take before) and bought another P2 for $5. I am going to return my other copy for $15 tomorrow. Damn you BB!

Also got Sleeping Dogs, the coupon wouldn't work so the guy just took off the coupon price. My gcu %10 didn't stack but I only paid tax on $19 instead of the retail price, so it worked out.

lol. i never get the GCU to stack hardly ever. damn best buy and its dumb employees and stupid system come to think of it i didn't get my account linked to the purchase yesterday damnit

Yes that is true. Same with a lot of other games and arcades as well. Even a 75% discount on an arcade or a 160/200 MS pts price is not worth the game. I only buy games im interested in. If they are cheap but uninteresting to me ill just pass.

yea thats my main point i see many CAG here buy games just cause they are on sale(im sure ive done it myself) and sometimes end up with total turds.

The trade credit I got for it from gamestop was well worth it though. :lol:

i stupidly kept it for months before playing it and finally tried it during the holidays for about 5 minutes and never touched it again lol

#518 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Anyone think the SC coupon will work on the CE? I saw one at my bb last night.

#519 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Anyone think the SC coupon will work on the CE? I saw one at my bb last night.

LOL... if you try it straight up, it won't work. But I have a guy at one of my local BBs who have hooked me up before. Problem is, I just don't know what day(s) he's there. I'm hoping to run into him again though, so that I can use the SC V coupon, as well as the Tiger Woods 13, the Prototype 2, and the FF 13-2 coupons, ALL to get their SE/CE/Master's Edition versions. Man, I hope I see that guy again soon!

#520 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Crap.. At work until Best Buy closes so I can't get it today and I'll be pretty busy tomorrow until around 3. Has anyone done in store pick up and then rebuy it without a hassle?

When you go to pick it up, make sure you "cancel" the order in person, then ask to rebuy it with the coupon. If you pick it up, you cannot return it til the next day as they say it has something to do with the order completing in the system. The other benefit of doing this is your card never gets charged as best buy store pickup doesn't charge you until the order is picked up, but when you cancel nothing ever hits your card. Hope that helps.

125365.png

#521 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Picked up one for 360. Plenty of copies for both PS3 and 360 on the shelves.

#522 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just wanted to agree with those praising Prototype 2. Probably in my top three from last year. This is the ultimate no-brainer for $5.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#523 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

got it for 5$ today fantastic deal. and it was the radnet edition wish I could get the steelbook but they still have it marked for 59.99 :/

Kamagii.png

#524 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Picked up a 360 Radnet copy for $5 today.

#525 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Picked up a 360 Radnet copy for $5 today.

Dang it... Do you think I can get someone there to hook me up? I never got my mag this month...

#526 macontosh2000

macontosh2000

Dirty Scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Picked up Prototype 2 and a pack of M&Ms for 1.57! And the guy gave me my coupon back!
macontosh2000 Quote of the Day (or whenever i choose to change it)

"Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it. Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected........Hey, where the Fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?"

Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

#527 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

When you go to pick it up, make sure you "cancel" the order in person, then ask to rebuy it with the coupon. If you pick it up, you cannot return it til the next day as they say it has something to do with the order completing in the system. The other benefit of doing this is your card never gets charged as best buy store pickup doesn't charge you until the order is picked up, but when you cancel nothing ever hits your card. Hope that helps.

Actually they aren't supposed to cancel it in person in store either. I've dealt with that crap before. I did an online pick-up just to make sure they had it but the online was limiting it to one and I was buying two and there was a buy 2 get 1 sale going at the same time. So obviously, I would prefer the B2G1 on top of what I was getting deal wise. When I got there they still had two on the shelf, but I asked if I could just cancel my online order then buy those two there and they told me know. As in like three different employees in that area said they couldn't do it (they probably are able to as in they can press the buttons but are told not to). Ended up buying the last two in-store copies on the shelf, then called up and cancelled my online order. About a month and a half later I was in the store and the gaming rep who knew my name asked if I knew I had a store-pick up waiting. The idiots never took the games off their shelf and left them sitting there for 4 weeks longer than they should of in the first place. :roll:

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#528 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

My BB had plenty of 360 copies all Radnet with the extra armor code.

$5.24 :)

#529 mpaullin

mpaullin

I actually suck at CAG-ing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Can you buy the 360 and PS3 version with the coupon?

I'm also curious about this since I am mostly picking Prototype up for flippin'

#530 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Went to the Holmdel nj store and picked one up for 360, had about 4 left as of 1020 or so this morning

#531 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Used my 10 cert on a copy of uncharted. When I go pick that up, will probably get a prototype. $5 for a sealed game, thats not madden 07 on ps2 is a pretty decent deal
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#532 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm also curious about this since I am mostly picking Prototype up for flippin'

It's a great game. What's the point of buying and flipping it to make a dollar?

Even it too sell on CL or eBay your not gong to make anything more than something nominal. I will flip a game at for $20-30 but not one that will gain me a soda and a bag of chips.

#533 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

It's a great game. What's the point if buying and flipping it to make a dollar?

agreed my friend as this game is badass. dont just flip it for a small profit, play it !!!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#534 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

agreed my friend as this game is badass. dont just flip it for a small profit, play it !!!!!

You of all people.;)

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#535 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I've been back and forth on whether or not to become an Unlocked member and I think I may just do it. Do I get this issue with these coupons for free for subscribing?

#536 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

You of all people.;)

hey now i have my good moments too ya know lol
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#537 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've been back and forth on whether or not to become an Unlocked member and I think I may just do it. Do I get this issue with these coupons for free for subscribing?

Yes, if they have the issue (which should be on display all around the gaming section) then you should be able to sign up, get the issue and use the coupon on the same transaction. I did this when I signed up over the summer.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#538 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

It's a great game. What's the point of buying and flipping it to make a dollar?

Even it too sell on CL or eBay your not gong to make anything more than something nominal. I will flip a game at for $20-30 but not one that will gain me a soda and a bag of chips.

The worst part is you're not even going to cover your gas cost to get there and home!

#539 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Got my 360 copy at Rivergate Nashville. Still several left for each system.
Now to go flip it for a buck!!

JK:)

#540 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Picked up the last PS3 copy at my store. :D