Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#541 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Guess I'll pick this game up today. Won't cost me anything and I'll get $12 for it if I don't care for it.

Since someone gave me an Xbox:D, I'll get it on there since the controller feels better.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#542 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

There was one more 360 copy and several ps3 ones in Federal Way, WA. Also, the guy took the coupon as a manufacture's coupon and didn't scan the code. I think I paid an extra $1 or two in taxes, but it's fine since the game is so cheap.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)

Akiba's Trip (Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Let's Play Legend of Dragoon #2   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#543 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Tons left for both systems at the Howe Ave Akron Ohio store. I walked out with a Radnet edition with the bonus vehicle code for the PS3. I prolly won't have time to play it till Summer, but for 5 bucks...why the hell not.

#544 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

picked up mine..has radnet and hardened steel...plenty left at Brentwood TN

joaryche.png

#545 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's a great game. What's the point of buying and flipping it to make a dollar?

Even it too sell on CL or eBay your not gong to make anything more than something nominal. I will flip a game at for $20-30 but not one that will gain me a soda and a bag of chips.

The worst part is you're not even going to cover your gas cost to get there and home!

If you wanna get technical, trading it back to Best Buy will net you $4 each (possibly more when 100% bonus resumes), which I was just going to put towards Dead Space 3 on Tuesday. I work a mile or two down the road from my nearest BB, so gas is not really a concern. I bought the first Prototype day 1 and it was an ugly mess. I almost feel like they owe this flip to me ;)

#546 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

So my store rang up the 360 copy as $14.99. Total was $0.00. I'll upload the pic of the receipt when I'm on my computer. In guessing this is ymmv, but I'll take it.

#547 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Prototype 2 plays a lot like inFamous if you guys enjoyed that one too. Highly recommended game. Underrated imho.

#548 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Got prototype radnet! Yay! Now to place this in my backlog! Ni no kuni is taking a lot of my time. It even got priority over the other games i have! Hehe!

#549 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

awesome deal on Prototype 2. I'm gonna go pick it up in a little bit. Glad I checked the thread...I thought this month's coupons were going to be unused.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#550 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Grabbed Prototype 2 at the Lynnwood, WA store, had about 4 left, also they were labeled $39.99, but rang up $29.99.

#551 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Grabbed Prototype 2 at Mayfair, WI BB. They had a lot there for the 360 and still some for the PS3. The guy was nice enough to let me use a store copy because my mag still hasn't come in yet.

#552 skatz83

skatz83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Picked up Prototype 2 to add to the backlog. You just can't beat a $5 dollar game.

658427.png

sig.gif

#553 Headabovewater3

Headabovewater3

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

There isn't a Best Buy near me. If anyone would pick me up a copy of Prototype 2 for either system, I would be more than happy to send you the cost plus shipping. Message me if you can. Thanks!

#554 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Prototype 2 plays a lot like inFamous if you guys enjoyed that one too. Highly recommended game. Underrated imho.

I went ahead and bought this cause I buy any game remotely interesting to me for that price. Having said that, I did not really like the first Prototype due to the camera. But I heard this one is better than the first. I absolutley love both Infamous 1 and 2.

Do you or anyone know if the camera in Prototype 2 behaves better than in the first? I felt like I had to fight the camera all the time in the first prototype.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#555 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Picked up :ps3:Prototype 2 (radnet and hardened steel) today. Had to grab a Coke as a filler (I miss the cheap/clearance school supplies) to use the $5 RZ cert (exp 2/2) they sent in the mail.

#556 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I went ahead and bought this cause I buy any game remotely interesting to me for that price. Having said that, I did not really like the first Prototype due to the camera. But I heard this one is better than the first. I absolutley love both Infamous 1 and 2.

Do you or anyone know if the camera in Prototype 2 behaves better than in the first? I felt like I had to fight the camera all the time in the first prototype.

The biggest improvement was the graphics and camera from what i recall. It''s been a few years since i played P1 but yes the camera follows you better. What really bothered me the most about P1 was the graphics that were not smoothed out and colors almost being an eyesore at times.

#557 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

The biggest improvement was the graphics and camera from what i recall. It''s been a few years since i played P1 but yes the camera follows you better. What really bothered me the most about P1 was the graphics that were not smoothed out and colors almost being an eyesore at times.

What they didn't fix was the AI... It's really silly running through a group of people stealth consuming people while they're standing right next to another solider. Besides that they improved pretty much everything else about the game.

#558 The Brief Chef

The Brief Chef

Actor, Chef, etc....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Recently moved from Northern CA to Pasadena, CA. Grabbed my copy of the mag, Prototype 2 (hardened steel + RadNet edition), an Xbox Live 12 month card, and a Netgear ADSL+2 router all for a little over $84.95 (used 2 $5 certs).

So far having a BLAST with Prototype 2. Definitly an improvement over the first. And for $5, so much fun
Posted Image

#559 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

What they didn't fix was the AI... It's really silly running through a group of people stealth consuming people while they're standing right next to another solider. Besides that they improved pretty much everything else about the game.

Yup. The game is pretty easy actually. A negative about the game is that the enemy groups are no match against the protagonist. You're basically like a god in this game lol.

#560 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Great thanks for the info guys. And about the AI being dumb, thats fine by me as I have gotten really lazy in my old age. I dont like stealth or having to take my time in games anymore. I pretty much just want to blow shit up as fast as I can.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#561 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Great thanks for the info guys. And about the AI being dumb, thats fine by me as I have gotten really lazy in my old age. I dont like stealth or having to take my time in games anymore. I pretty much just want to blow shit up as fast as I can.

It's a little harder to play it that way (as in you might die a few times in a full playthrough...) but it's way more fun.

#562 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

lol...and here I was thinking I was alone in that line of thinking. I just can't play hardcore RPGs anymore. I applaud games like Persona and Ni no Kuni but I just can't do it. This coming from a person who played almost every jrpg between sega / snes all through ps2...

I loved Prototype 2. I'm thinking of re-buying it because I left it at 85% trophy completion. Might as well get the platinum and have fun with it again for $5 considering the only trophies I have left are on my New Game + playthrough when you're truly godlike.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#563 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hmm...it's the exact opposite with me as I got older. When I was a student I couldn't buckle down for long periods of gaming because I would feel guilty for not studying. Now I can forget about work instantly I got home.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#564 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

It's a little harder to play it that way (as in you might die a few times in a full playthrough...) but it's way more fun.

Dying a few times is okay. But I also like to "cheat" a bit in games like this and play on easy. That way I really can just blow everything up with little recourse.

lol...and here I was thinking I was alone in that line of thinking. I just can't play hardcore RPGs anymore. I applaud games like Persona and Ni no Kuni but I just can't do it. This coming from a person who played almost every jrpg between sega / snes all through ps2...

I loved Prototype 2. I'm thinking of re-buying it because I left it at 85% trophy completion. Might as well get the platinum and have fun with it again for $5 considering the only trophies I have left are on my New Game + playthrough when you're truly godlike.

Hey man, I also played a ton of JRPGS in the day. Lunar Silver Star Story on Sega CD was the first RPG I ever played and I was hooked. I then played Final Fantasy3/6 on SNES and wondered why I hadnt played RPGs sooner. Then I find out the reason...I played arguably two of the best RPGS of ALL TIME as the first and second in the genre that I ever experienced. Needless to say my RPG experiences went down hill from there. Hard to repeat that type of quality forever. Now I cant play any RPGs as I just dont have the time to sit down with them and really get into it.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#565 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hmm...it's the exact opposite with me as I got older. When I was a student I couldn't buckle down for long periods of gaming because I would feel guilty for not studying. Now I can forget about work instantly I got home.

Sorry for the double post but you must not be married with kids? If you were you woudlnt be able to go home and sit down to play games. Ahhh, the good ole days. Enjoy em while you got em!

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#566 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Sorry for the double post but you must not be married with kids? If you were you woudlnt be able to go home and sit down to play games. Ahhh, the good ole days. Enjoy em while you got em!

Yep, I get my gaming in between 9-12pm for the most part. With the second child here, I hardly get to game during that time also. Not exactly ideal for a 100+ hour RPG.

#567 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'm not even married but I'm just so beat by the time I get home that I need to unwind a bit before dinner and after dinner I just don't want to do anything until bed (which is earlier and earlier). That's why bite-sized games are much more my thing. I don't have as much time for games where it takes an hour to get into the meat of the game like most RPGs or games with punishing difficulty where I can spend a full gaming session not making any progress. Sure I make some time on weekends but that's usually about once a month if I'm lucky.

#568 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I went in store and was denied a replacement for the mag that I never received. The guy had me call @Gamer customer service and I told him that they said it would be a 3 week wait. He said that I would have to wait but was cool enough to scan the Prototype 2 coupon for me.

#569 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

i just stuck to using a blackwatch uniform to go around the city undetected lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#570 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

picked up prototype 2 for 5 bucks. thanks op!

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png