Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#31 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

I got SCV for $10 last Spring (maybe Summer) with one of these coupons. C'mon.

#32 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'll be in for SCV. Passed over it the last time it was $10.

Otherwise, bunch of junk again. I don't think I've used a coupon in four months.

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

well with scv and prototype 2 you get solid prices without a sale stack so its not the worst batch in my opinion. prototype 2 is a blast to play !!
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#34 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I find it funny to see all this hate for Best Buy while they are bleeding money out of their ass. Yet we love amazon even though all they do is price match best buy, GameStop and other retailers.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#35 TylerDurden313

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

well with scv and prototype 2 you get solid prices without a sale stack so its not the worst batch in my opinion. prototype 2 is a blast to play !!

Agreed on Prototype 2 being fun. I bought both SCV and Prototype 2 last June/September for $10 each after @Gamer coupons. If they're going to have the same coupons as last year then I'm out.

#36 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Agreed on Prototype 2 being fun. I bought both SCV and Prototype 2 last June/September for $10 each after @Gamer coupons. If they're going to have the same coupons as last year then I'm out.

Next months thread is going to be so Funny when they have Batman AC fo 10 again;)

#37 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Starting to rethink if I may re-up on my sub come May

#38 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Pretty soon from the garbage ;)

Hahah

BB has curtailed on the gaming deals for awhile now. The writing may be on the wall :(

#39 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Prototype 2's MSRP is $40, so I'll likely pick it up at the $15 price point if it doesn't happen to go on sale at all during the month. The Soul Calibur coupon is weak considering many CAGs probably picked it up for $10 many months ago.

I saw the collector edition at gamestop for 39.99

#40 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Next months thread is going to be so Funny when they have Batman AC fo 10 again;)

Along with Rage, Homefront, and Bulletstorm.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#41 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Along with Rage, Homefront, and Bulletstorm.

You forgot Brink.

#42 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'll probably grab Prototype. If they do a sale, it's an override when they price match right?

#43 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Awesome! These coupons will make great kindling for my fireplace!

Gotta hand it to Best Buy, they've really done a wonderful job of keeping my house nice and toasty lately.

#44 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

You forgot Brink.

They're saving that for two magazines from now.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#45 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Prototype 2 Blackwatch Edition or whatever the hell it's called would be nice if the coupon works for it, too.

#46 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Got SCV & prototype 2 many months ago so nothing for me beside the Sony pulse headset.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#47 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Nothing for me, seems like the only good reason to have a GCU membership now is for the $20 pre-order certs.

Pretty much. If it wasn't for the $20 cert then I wouldn't even consider keeping my GCU. But in all honesty, the $20 is WELL worth the $15 a year.

...that along with the extra 10% bonus on trade-ins and 10% off pre-owned.

I thought maybe this issue would be half way decent since most of the folks BB sucked in this time last year with the $10 B:AC (and other good deals) would be close to renewing.

#48 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I might grab Prototype 2 and SCV for $10. The last couple of months has been meh and when there was a coupon that I want to use, there are no sales for the game. I haven't lost my faith in BB. They always have the best sales and a lot of games clearance.

#49 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Since I subscribed to the magazine the coupons have been horrible for me. I may pick up Prototype 2 just to break the streak.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#50 Greybeard

Greybeard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm starting to wonder if I will use any coupons in my current year's subscription.

For those who haven't played it, Prototype 2 is a lot of fun

#51 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'll definitely grab Prototype 2 with the coupon, missed it when it was $9.99 on the Microsoft Store website during Black Friday. Hopefully there will be a sale on it before the coupon expires, but if not, $15 isn't too bad.

#52 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I have not used of the coupons in the past 3 months and yet I still received one of best gaming values in years by subscribing. Do not understand all the hate.

#53 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Jeez, they're not even trying anymore. Soul Calibur 5 is a repeat (same price), Tiger Woods 13 is a repeat (lower price this time), FF13-2 is a repeat (HIGHER price this time barring a sale), Prototype 2 is a repeat (lower price this time). Only thing that sort of interests me is Prototype 2, but not at $15. 4 months in a row of nothing = I'm definitely not reupping my GCU subscription.

This. All of these games already had coupons in the past. What's up with the recycling? Very disappointed.

#54 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

FF XIII-2 still isn't $20 regular at Best Buy?

#55 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I can somewhat understand the dislike, because a lot of people purchased subscriptions to @Gamer to get cheap/free games.

But IMO that is just a nice bonus when it happens. The main benefit is the 10% more in trade-ins and the $20 pre-order bonus. What other magazine/membership offers that.

I feel that GI is the better mag of the two but I so rarely buy anything at GameStop that the 10% bonus is useless to me 8-10 months of the year.

My GCU membership has paid for itself at least 10 times over. Pre-ordered 5 games, got $100 back, then was able to get another $100 back in price matches. I paid $106 (tax) for 5 games the day they came out. That alone makes any complaint I can possibly have 100% invalid.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#56 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Thing is if you use 1 coupon a YEAR, you've gotten your money's worth. I know we've used at least 5 now. If each saved us $20, thats $100 worth of coupons for $15.

#57 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Another month with no coupons that I am not interested in. The $20 preorder and trading bonus makes the subscription worth while but in the past three months I haven't used a coupon. The magazine leaves a lot to be desired and I find myself flipping through it to rip out the coupons and then throwing the magazine into recycling.

I'm not saying the GCU subscription is a bad deal but if your primary reason for getting it is the magazine and coupons you might be a little disappointed.

TheVila.png

#58 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's easy to slam the coupons but To me they're just a bonus when I use them. I'm on board for the 10% bonus and preorder promotion primarily.

#59 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

2 more months of crap sales?

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#60 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Anyone know if you could use a coupon with a price match without an override?