Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#601 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm debating whether or not 10 bucks is worth it for P2. Already beat the game when it first came out. Do I really need it in my collection?

#602 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

FFXIII-2 PS3 should be FREE at bbuy. used coupon and price match toyrus, which has the game at 20$.

#603 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

FFXIII-2 PS3 should be FREE at bbuy. used coupon and price match toyrus, which has the game at 20$.

good luck with that.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#604 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I'm debating whether or not 10 bucks is worth it for P2. Already beat the game when it first came out. Do I really need it in my collection?

Its 5 bucks, not 10 bucks, and yes it is worth it!

#605 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

Its 5 bucks, not 10 bucks, and yes it is worth it!

He probably would have to buy the magazine as well judging by his post.

#606 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Read the back of the coupon "Not valid with any other coupons or OFFERS". A price match is a type of offer, so we are not going to be getting a free copy of FFXIII-2 :(

#607 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

He probably would have to buy the magazine as well judging by his post.

Exactly why I said 10. At 5 bucks I'd get it, but 10 could go towards a brand new game instead of one I've already beaten. Hmmmm :-k

#608 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Picked up my $5 copy of Prototype 2. Thanks to whoever mentioned that. I wasn't interested in the game, but it can sit for a while. Felt good to finally use a coupon after not using it one for a while...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#609 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Went by my local store before work today and grabbed a PS3 copy. I was going to renew my GCU to use the coupon out of he of the mags, but the gaming employee wasn't there, and the cashier couldn't figure it out, so he just scanned the coupon out of the magazine and gave me the discount free of charge :D

Oddly though, th steelbook didn't promo free when scanned before or after the game, so idk what gives with that, but $5 is still a steal in itself.

I'm enjoying buying all these games cheap I didn't want to pay full price for at release. Enjoying RDR GOTY right now, and will shortly move on to P2!
Posted Image

#610 Jampack200

Jampack200

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Got my copy from the Bloomingdale store. Shelf marked 39.99, rang up 29.99. The bottle of water was almost half the price of the game. $7 out the door. Still eight more copies on the shelf, all radnet editions.

Sweet, a CAS member in the area. We must have missed each other because I also picked up a copy today.

Currently working on:
:ps3: Arkham Origins 

:3ds: Pokemon Y

Jampack200.png

#611 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Picked up a copy of Prototype 2 for the PS3 along with a bag of Swedish Fish. Used the GCU coupon along with the $5 reward zone coupon sent via mail the other day and was out the door for $3 something.

Very happy with that deal.

#612 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but Prototype 2 has dropped to $29.99. Just bought my $5 copy!

Thanks for mentioning that to us! :D

Got a Radnet copy.

Picked up my $5 copy of Prototype 2. Thanks to whoever mentioned that. I wasn't interested in the game, but it can sit for a while. Felt good to finally use a coupon after not using it one for a while...

Same story except I will try it out within the next few days to see if I will be getting rid of it. Not my typical game, but too cheap to pass up!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#613 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Read the back of the coupon "Not valid with any other coupons or OFFERS". A price match is a type of offer, so we are not going to be getting a free copy of FFXIII-2 :(

We have been through this, a price match is not an offer. A price match is considered a sale price, which the coupon states that markdowns are taken from sale prices

http://forums.bestbu...ion/td-p/310892

Now that being said it is still very YMMV to get a csr or manager that isnt an asshole and thinks that you are trying to "pull a fast one" on their watch as the almighty guardian of Best Buy Co., Inc
Posted Image
Posted Image

#614 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Is the Prototype deal already dead, or what?

I see it says $29.99, but then when I add it to my cart it is $39.99.

Now obviously I know that I would have to go to a store anyway to use the @Gamer, but I just want to know before I waste my time arguing if this deal was just a "deal of the day" or whatever.

#615 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Is the Prototype deal already dead, or what?

I see it says $29.99, but then when I add it to my cart it is $39.99.

Now obviously I know that I would have to go to a store anyway to use the @Gamer, but I just want to know before I waste my time arguing if this deal was just a "deal of the day" or whatever.

It might be dead man. I don't know why they would change thrice like that. The best thing to do is to call in the morning once your store opens to verify the price.

#616 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

The only additional in-game content in Blackwatch over Radnet is the Colossal Mayhem pack?

I may just get the Colossal Mayhem pack on the market place.

#617 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

gamestop has prototype 2 for 29.99 new so i assume it was a msrp drop, interesting
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#618 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Just booted up the game and I'm having a blast. I never finished P1 on 360, but from the short 20 mins or so I've played so far, I can tell its an improvement.

Everything feels so fluid and seamless (Arkham City comes to mind). Definitely a solid $5 purchase.

Looking forward to what else this game has to offer, but I can't lose focus on beating RDR justttt yet haha.
Posted Image

#619 miguelq08

miguelq08

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

deal is dead :/ the price is back up to 39.99
congrats to all who were able to grab a copy.

#620 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

You have got to be kidding me. Didn't they just advertise the sale on Facebook? I don't think they were even so quick to pull games that were made free after coupon than they are with this.

On the bright side, you have an eagle eye, Agent Orange. Just as deadly as you were in 'Nam.

#621 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

dang, I was just about to go to bestbuy today to try and get prototype 2, hopefully its an online only price but i doubt it >.>

#622 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

It seems something is screwed up on bestbuy.com...all of the video games listed on their 2 day sale page have jumped back up as well (see this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=337473). Perhaps sale prices aren't being displayed as they should be?

I'd check back later today to see if prices change.

#623 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Everything in the weekly ad for gaming this week too went up. The $35 12mo XBL are back to $60 same with Blops 2

#624 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

^I was just going to post that. Everyone's complaining that BB pulled a "bait and switch" on their sales and whatnot, but I think it's just a glitch. I'd say wait it out and things will be back to normal later on in the day. I imagine the games in that sale link will go back to their sale prices, but I don't know if this will as well since we don't know if this was an unadvertised sale or an MSRP drop. I hope it's the latter because I didn't get a chance to pick up a copy for myself.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#625 MiTYH

MiTYH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Oh man, so glad I nabbed a copy of prototype2 yesterday if this thing is dead. Hopefully not for all the other cags out there!
Posted Image

#626 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Crap, told myself to go pick up Prototype 2 later today since I was lazy yesterday. Lesson learned.

#627 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

^I was just going to post that. Everyone's complaining that BB pulled a "bait and switch" on their sales and whatnot, but I think it's just a glitch. I'd say wait it out and things will be back to normal later on in the day. I imagine the games in that sale link will go back to their sale prices, but I don't know if this will as well since we don't know if this was an unadvertised sale or an MSRP drop. I hope it's the latter because I didn't get a chance to pick up a copy for myself.

Apparently it's just a website glitch. Some CAGs are reporting prices and all sale prices are available in store.

#628 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Don't panic, it will be fixed.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#629 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm assuming Prototype 2 is still ringing up $30 in-store and not $40 due to the on going glitch?

#630 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Prototype 2 rang up 29.99 for me in-store yesterday (Placard still said 39.99, but they price checked it for me). Came out to 5 bucks plus tax after my GAMER coupon.