Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#631 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

So any renewal deals floating around? Mine ends in March and they just sent me a renewal email, but no offer. Was hoping for at least some RWZ points or something.

#632 Ikari Warrior

Ikari Warrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Ringing up at $40 at 2 different stores this morning...one 5 minutes ago so not fixed in store.
Posted Image

#633 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

So any renewal deals floating around? Mine ends in March and they just sent me a renewal email, but no offer. Was hoping for at least some RWZ points or something.

Yeah I got the same email

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#634 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Ringing up at $40 at 2 different stores this morning...one 5 minutes ago so not fixed in store.

Well that sucks.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#635 Tabe

Tabe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

I picked up Prototype 2 for $5 yesterday. Ended up being a bit of a hassle. I'd checked the web site beforehand and it said they had copies in stock. Went to the store, none to be found - just the CE. Asked an employee, no luck. Asked the employee if they'd sell the CE at the $29.99 price. They came back from a mgr and said they'd do $39.99. I wasn't interesting in the game for $15 so I said no. I checked the web site again and initiated an in-store pickup order. It said my order would be ready in 45 minutes. Went to another employee and told him. He checked the computer again, then went and dug through the games again, this time finding the game - 2 columns over from the CE, in-between the "R" and "S" games. Nice alphabetizing guys.

I'd also talked to their mobile phone folks and got a $5 blu ray coupon. The Rocky Collection was on sale for $22.99 so got it for $17.99 with the coupon.

All told, $24.98 out-the-door for Prototype 2 and 6 movies on blu ray. Used my trade-in credit from AC3 (27.20 from the 50% bonus) to pay for it all and still have 2 bucks left over.

This is where I give the CAG community a big thank you. If not for this place, I wouldn't be aware of the $20 pre-order rewards from BB or a lot of other deals. I pre-ordered AC3, bought it for $47 the week it came out (price match against TRU), got the $20 RZ cert, which I ended up using on Pulse Elite headphones that I price matched and ended up paying like $92 for. I traded in AC3 and got $27.20, which I then turned into Prototype 2 and 6 Rocky blu rays. I'd say it ended up being a heckuva deal. So, thanks guys.

Tabe

#636 cobaltD

cobaltD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Just rang up 39.99 for me as well. Oh well, my backlog is at about 150 right now, so I guess I don't NEED this game.

#637 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Crap, told myself to go pick up Prototype 2 later today since I was lazy yesterday. Lesson learned.

You're not alone brother...I was literally 1 minute from BB on my way home yesterday when I got a phone call urging me to head home sooner. I figured, "whatever, I'll just get it tomorrow". There goes that...
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#638 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I would think that the price will be fixed back to $30 sometime soon.

#639 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Shelf price at my local Best Buy still said 29.99 for Prototype 2, so I just had them pricematch that and scan the coupon. Had a cool manager, though.

#640 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm sure the answer is buried around here somewhere but could someone confirm if you get another welcome packet when you renew?

#641 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I picked up Prototype 2 for $5 yesterday. Ended up being a bit of a hassle. I'd checked the web site beforehand and it said they had copies in stock. Went to the store, none to be found - just the CE. Asked an employee, no luck. Asked the employee if they'd sell the CE at the $29.99 price. They came back from a mgr and said they'd do $39.99. I wasn't interesting in the game for $15 so I said no. I checked the web site again and initiated an in-store pickup order. It said my order would be ready in 45 minutes. Went to another employee and told him. He checked the computer again, then went and dug through the games again, this time finding the game - 2 columns over from the CE, in-between the "R" and "S" games. Nice alphabetizing guys.

I'd also talked to their mobile phone folks and got a $5 blu ray coupon. The Rocky Collection was on sale for $22.99 so got it for $17.99 with the coupon.

All told, $24.98 out-the-door for Prototype 2 and 6 movies on blu ray. Used my trade-in credit from AC3 (27.20 from the 50% bonus) to pay for it all and still have 2 bucks left over.

This is where I give the CAG community a big thank you. If not for this place, I wouldn't be aware of the $20 pre-order rewards from BB or a lot of other deals. I pre-ordered AC3, bought it for $47 the week it came out (price match against TRU), got the $20 RZ cert, which I ended up using on Pulse Elite headphones that I price matched and ended up paying like $92 for. I traded in AC3 and got $27.20, which I then turned into Prototype 2 and 6 Rocky blu rays. I'd say it ended up being a heckuva deal. So, thanks guys.

Tabe

Not trying to criticize you, but don't you think you could've checked around a bit on your own for the game instead of just looking in the "P" section and being like "wtf!?" when it wasn't there?

Any time I go to Best Buy looking for a game, if it isn't in the letter column of where it SHOULD be, I look through A-Z, behind EVERY game they have before I go ask someone
Posted Image

#642 murphyspub

murphyspub

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm sure the answer is buried around here somewhere but could someone confirm if you get another welcome packet when you renew?

I renewed in Dec, and no welcome packet for me. My original Welcome packet came in March so we'll see if I get another one then.

#643 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just checked local BB today. price is back up to 39.99 (reg edition) 49.99 for steelbook. Ill wait till it's 29.99 again. coupon is 2 month version anyway.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#644 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and nintendo (wii u)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just checked local BB today. price is back up to 39.99 (reg edition) 49.99 for steelbook. Ill wait till it's 29.99 again. coupon is 2 month version anyway.

checked my best buy, placeholder card still said 29.99 so i took it to the register, rang up 39.99, got it price adjusted, gave him my coupon and reward certificate, then i realized it took $25 off the 39.99 price.

The cashier said the coupon didnt work on the sale price, even though it says markdowns taken on sale prices in big bold letters. he was saying the coupon says "does not combine with other coupons and offers and sales are offers" by this time a manager came over and i explained that i assumed offers were for things like buy x get x free.

The manager had me complete the order and go to customer service and refunded me the $10 difference. slight pain in the butt but worth it for a free game (with reward certificate, bought a ds screen cleaner for 2.99, total was 4something all together.)

#645 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Price was being marked up. They have all the price stickers ready and everything. But I manage to grab it before it was marked up and the manager honor it. The weird thing was, the price rang up $29.99 for me, but the coupon itself only mark it down $10. The manager was like.... Total price was suppose to be $16.04. But the manager was cool enough to grab a gift card and mark it down another $10. So ended up with prototype II for $6.04.

So story short, right now it might be YMMV. I am guessing some store, the system didn't adjust to the new price and malfunction? I don't really know XD

#646 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

The steelbook is empty and was a preorder incentive, not sure why Best Buy is trying to sell it for more than the $5 it was prior to the game's launch.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#647 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

yes you do

#648 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Not trying to criticize you, but don't you think you could've checked around a bit on your own for the game instead of just looking in the "P" section and being like "wtf!?" when it wasn't there?

Any time I go to Best Buy looking for a game, if it isn't in the letter column of where it SHOULD be, I look through A-Z, behind EVERY game they have before I go ask someone

I gotta say, that's even more ridiculous than just looking at the P section. Looking behind EVERY game = crazy. I probably would have checked the neighboring columns myself, but after that I'm asking them to verify stock and maybe check if they have it in the back.

#649 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

That's weird, I guess they're marking up the price because they don't want people buying it for 5 bucks?

#650 Tabe

Tabe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Well, I did look around, just not far enough - I looked through the Ns and Os and Rs. Had I gone just a hair further, I'd have seen it. I kinda figured it would be, ya know, right next to the Prototype 2 CEs. It was obviously a bit more hidden than one would expect since the first BB guy couldn't find it either :)

Tabe

#651 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Glad I did not procrastinate like I usually do. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#652 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Glad I did not procrastinate like I usually do. :)

amen to that! I scurried over there yesterday after buying it for $15 w/ coupon on Tuesday. It was a slight hassle because the register didn't want to do it. So, they just did a complete return of the first sale and re-rang it and were nice enough to grab a magazine from the floor and scan the coupon inside of it. If I had waited till today, I would have been p-i-s-s-e-d!

gotta love these random 1-day price drop / sales at Best Buy..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#653 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

The steelbook is empty and was a preorder incentive, not sure why Best Buy is trying to sell it for more than the $5 it was prior to the game's launch.

Which I'm surprised some of you are still seeing it, I haven't seen it since months ago.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#654 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Prototype 2 rang up at 40 do not want.

#655 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Wait the $30 price on P2 was a one day thing and now $5 P2 is dead right?

#656 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I renewed in Dec, and no welcome packet for me. My original Welcome packet came in March so we'll see if I get another one then.

yes you do

I renewed in September and never got another packet, so it's news to me that some got another one after renewal.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#657 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well, I did look around, just not far enough - I looked through the Ns and Os and Rs. Had I gone just a hair further, I'd have seen it. I kinda figured it would be, ya know, right next to the Prototype 2 CEs. It was obviously a bit more hidden than one would expect since the first BB guy couldn't find it either :)

Tabe

I don't know what's worse, relying on a BB employee to find it for you, or trying to justify it by comparing your own detective skills to that of a simple-minded BB employee. You're a CAG now damn it, act like one!

Edit - Oh wait, CAG in training, that explains it.
Posted Image

#658 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Wait the $30 price on P2 was a one day thing and now $5 P2 is dead right?

Probably not dead (could be wrong). Best Buy's site is apparently broken and nothing is being listed as on sale in their system. Once that gets fixed (its been like that all day so far, so who knows when this will happen), I expect the $30 price will come back. Again, just my prediction.

#659 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

^This reminds me of the KoA/Reckoning fiasco.
Which made me chuckle last night when I was putting back KoA back into my alphabetically sorted collection and debated to put it under K or R.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#660 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

^This reminds me of the KoA/Reckoning fiasco.
Which made me chuckle last night when I was putting back KoA back into my alphabetically sorted collection and debated to put it under K or R.

Gotta go 'K' on that all the way. I know Reckoning looks bigger, but it will always be known as Kingdoms of Amular..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.