Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#661 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

^This reminds me of the KoA/Reckoning fiasco.
Which made me chuckle last night when I was putting back KoA back into my alphabetically sorted collection and debated to put it under K or R.

Gotta go 'K' on that all the way. I know Reckoning looks bigger, but it will always be known as Kingdoms of Amular..

Yeah but I think TooPoor is remembering the guy who was trying to insist that the game was called Reckoning and that the "Kingdoms of" was just some sort of prefix and not the real name of the game. He insisted the game was called Reckoning...weird to me, but hey, whatever.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#662 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Let's not start that silly argument again.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#663 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

sorry guys, guess I missed out :lol:
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#664 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

So glad I got a copy of Prototype 2 last night.

I filed it under "2"

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#665 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I renewed in September and never got another packet, so it's news to me that some got another one after renewal.

I also renewed in September and never received a second welcome packet.

#666 Datajack

Datajack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I filed it under "2"

Wait its not filed under " [ " ?

#667 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I filed it under "2"

LOL Classic

I also renewed in September and never received a second welcome packet.

I never received a welcome packet when first signing up and I just renews this month. We shall see if I get one this time. I am highly doubtful.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#668 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Wait its not filed under " [ " ?

It always bugs me that on my trophy list, it is indeed under "[". Or at least the first one is.

#669 WafflesPlox

WafflesPlox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Damn went there last night, saw the price tag as 39.99 so I persuaded myself into thinking this deal started 2/3 somehow... Man I feel dumb.

Posted Image

#670 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Damn you Best Buy! Checked the price yesterday online, seemed fine, so I went out in the cold today to get this deal and looked like an idiot asking them to pricematch it to the website... ugh.

#671 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

LOL Classic

I never received a welcome packet when first signing up and I just renews this month. We shall see if I get one this time. I am highly doubtful.

What's in the welcome packet?

I just finally registered today for GCU (using RZ certs from their Facebook promo lol).

All I got was a hard copy of the January @Gamer magazine.

#672 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I went to BB after school today, and was so bummed to find out that Prototype 2 went back up to $39.99. I started to walk out of BB pissed, and the greeter guy must have noticed, and asked me if I found everything ok (lol). He told me to talk to a manager since I saw the $29.99 price this morning my time (1AM). He did an advanced search of PT2 price and saw that it was $29.99. To end this long story, I managed to get PT2 for $4.99 which is awesome! BB customer service is by FAR the best in any video game retail store!

#673 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

they send the welcome packets out in batches only a few times a year. so someone that renews in sept and someone that renews in October very well may receive their packets at the same time.

all i can say is that i renewed well before my subscription lapsed and received a second welcome packet. (well actually it was my first because i joined before welcome packets were offered the first time)

#674 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

It's a shame that Prototype 2 went back to $40. Best Buy doesn't like selling games at CAG prices, it seems. Hopefully the game will drop back down to $30 again. I already got a copy yesterday, so I'm pleased.

#675 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

It's a shame that Prototype 2 went back to $40. Best Buy doesn't like selling games at CAG prices, it seems. Hopefully the game will drop back down to $30 again. I already got a copy yesterday, so I'm pleased.

I thought the temporary price glitch was going to fix itself?
It's confirmed that it will stay at $40?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#676 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Even the BB gaming aisle clerk at my local BB was pissed. He was planning to use the coupon today and was shocked to see the sudden increase. This could really be a knee jerk reaction by BB due to the sudden surge of GCU members taking advantage of the $5 deal.

#677 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

I thought the temporary price glitch was going to fix itself?
It's confirmed that it will stay at $40?

I have no idea. I'm not even sure if the $30 is MSRP or whether it was a sale or glitch or what. But a few times back Best Buy has had games for free due to the coupon and a sale, such as Deadliest Warrior and TERA. The next day, the prices went back up. Now even though it's not free, I have no idea what Best Buy will do with Prototype.

#678 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yea. I just went to my local best buy. Prototype 2 is 40 bucks here >.<.

#679 lancielegend

lancielegend

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

cant go wrong for $5, had a free $5 cert they sent me in the mail so i walked out of there with prototype 2 and a bag of m&ms for $1-something

#680 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

I have no idea. I'm not even sure if the $30 is MSRP or whether it was a sale or glitch or what. But a few times back Best Buy has had games for free due to the coupon and a sale, such as Deadliest Warrior and TERA. The next day, the prices went back up. Now even though it's not free, I have no idea what Best Buy will do with Prototype.

It was generally assumed that BBY had a price glitch this morning and all sale prices were not reflected. Hope they fix it.

cant go wrong for $5, had a free $5 cert they sent me in the mail so i walked out of there with prototype 2 and a bag of m&ms for $1-something

Apparently his store is still selling for $30.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#681 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Damn it. I wish I would have noticed this thread earlier in the week. I had decided I didn't want to spend $15 on this game, but I definitely would have gotten it for $5.

#682 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Price is still $15 AC in store and the facebook post is gone. I think they may have intentionally upped the price this time.

#683 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

My bb has an old tag for 29.99 up so i was able to sign back up for gcu and use the coupon (overide needed) for the $5 price. Not bad considering i used that free $5 gc.

Edit:they took the tag down after helping me.

#684 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Price is still $15 AC in store and the facebook post is gone. I think they may have intentionally upped the price this time.

Yeah i was wondering about this. This may be intentional. I don't think MSRP is $30. TRU still has it for $40

#685 Tabe

Tabe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I don't know what's worse, relying on a BB employee to find it for you, or trying to justify it by comparing your own detective skills to that of a simple-minded BB employee. You're a CAG now damn it, act like one!

Edit - Oh wait, CAG in training, that explains it.

But, but, but, but...aw hell, I got nothing.

Tabe

#686 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Went in today and got stuck with the $15 price increase.

I bought it anyway, $15 isn't bad, but the guy ringing me up let me keep the coupon, so I can return and rebuy if it does drop. I'll just hold off on opening it until the coupon expires.

#687 guessed

guessed

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

My bb has an old tag for 29.99 up so i was able to sign back up for gcu and use the coupon (overide needed) for the $5 price. Not bad considering i used that free $5 gc.

Edit:they took the tag down after helping me.

Lucky. I was upset when I read about the price increase this morning before I had a chance to go. I went after work anyway, hoping they'd have the $29.99 tags, but no luck. There is still another month for the coupon, so I'm hoping it will drop back down again.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#688 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

DAMNIT! i went in today to buy it at 5$... it rang up at 15$ after coupon.

I had just made a line of like 7 people too and didnt want to be like "OH 15$ NEVER MIND" right there, but I was trying to figure out what happene all day. I read the thread last night and didnt know it went back up in price.

I guess I'm pretty screwed then. Oh well. =/ I guess for 15$ its...okay.... luke warm... but I feel ripped off, lol.
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#689 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Probably not dead (could be wrong). Best Buy's site is apparently broken and nothing is being listed as on sale in their system. Once that gets fixed (its been like that all day so far, so who knows when this will happen), I expect the $30 price will come back. Again, just my prediction.

Perhaps. Although if they don't fix it tomorrow, we are probably SOL as far as this "sale" goes regardless if this was part of the "glitch" or not.

Then again, still plenty of time in this COUPON before expiration, and my store has plenty of copies left. So still time for perhaps even a PERMANENT $29.99 price drop, or at least for them to give it another go on sale at $29.99.

These $5 deals get me excited just about every time (I mean that's literally the entire reason I have @Gamer, so I want to use my damn coupon on a $5 game:bouncy:). But by the same token, this is not a game I really CARE about. Other than I want to get it for $5, hopefully 100% Gamerscore in 1 or 2 days max, and then sell it on ebay for $5.

#690 UploadComplete

UploadComplete

CAG Premium Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Same boat as the others. Rang up $15 and decided not to buy it. Went to gamestop afterwards to pre-order Sly and saw it there for $24.99.