Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#691 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have no idea. I'm not even sure if the $30 is MSRP or whether it was a sale or glitch or what. But a few times back Best Buy has had games for free due to the coupon and a sale, such as Deadliest Warrior and TERA. The next day, the prices went back up. Now even though it's not free, I have no idea what Best Buy will do with Prototype.

MSRP can usually be confirmed by GS(which has updated to $30) but something is not right. I just clicked on the X360 version & it came up $39(not $39.99) & when I refreshed & did both the PS3/X360 again they were $39.99.

I really hope BB didn't re-adjust a MSRP just b/c of a coupon, I can understand the Deadliest Warrior reasoning but not for this.

#692 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

OP updated with $15 price until I get a response from a BB mod.

#693 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Best Buy is lost in so many ways. And, when GameStop has better trade in values, you've got a problem.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#694 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

when this was $5 does anyone know if there was a SD post for it? If so, were they back to the get around paying $5/$15 for the mag/GCU stupidity ie copying coupons scans or anything along those lines?

#695 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

when this was $5 does anyone know if there was a SD post for it? If so, were they back to the get around paying $5/$15 for the mag/GCU stupidity ie copying coupons scans or anything along those lines?

It never appeared on the front page, I just did a quick glance after I saw your post. Didn't want to dig through their forum filled with coupon scanning scumbags.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#696 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

It never appeared on the front page, I just did a quick glance after I saw your post. Didn't want to dig through their forum filled with coupon scanning scumbags.

Sort of tangential to this thread, but why does everyone on here seem to despise SD?

I recently joined the site and found several useful threads I took advantage of for myself, including free movie tickets, a great deal on some Ray Bans off amazon, and a couple of North Face jackets.

Everyone on here seems to make out all their users as the scum of the earth when it comes to deals. I'm really at a loss...
Posted Image

#697 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Sort of tangential to this thread, but why does everyone on here seem to despise SD?

I recently joined the site and found several useful threads I took advantage of for myself, including free movie tickets, a great deal on some Ray Bans off amazon, and a couple of North Face jackets.

Everyone on here seems to make out all their users as the scum of the earth when it comes to deals. I'm really at a loss...

SDers have a tendency to buy lots at a time for reselling or hoarding. It tips off the people of the company, and ruins the deal for local SD/CAGers.

Also, sometimes, there could be suggestions of fraud and less than ethical ways to acquire money or deals.

#698 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

SDers have a tendency to buy lots at a time for reselling or hoarding. It tips off the people of the company, and ruins the deal for local SD/CAGers.

Also, sometimes, there could be suggestions of fraud and less than ethical ways to acquire money or deals.

Ahhh, I see. Well thanks for the explanation. I haven't seen anything I'd personally take advantage of off there, but I did see a thread about getting $200 free when you signed up for some bank, and plenty of users getting the money just to say "ok, how long before I can terminate can go back to Bank of America?", or something along those lines. So I can see your point.
Posted Image

#699 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Ahhh, I see. Well thanks for the explanation. I haven't seen anything I'd personally take advantage of off there, but I did see a thread about getting $200 free when you signed up for some bank, and plenty of users getting the money just to say "ok, how long before I can terminate can go back to Bank of America?", or something along those lines. So I can see your point.

they also tend not t see the big picture. It all started with the Infamous March issue of @Gamer where you could get B:AC($10), Bulletstorm($5), ME2($5), Rage($5) & FFXIII-12($15)
Now getting all these games for $45(w/mag) or $55(w/sub) + tax was good enough hich makes no damn sense since a game is $60 + tax alone. So people tried every which a way to get around buying the mag which result in some BB's pulling them & locking them up in the plastic cereal boxes. It gained alot of negative attention from BB brass which in the long run could've really hurt the GC but that wouldn't have bothered the SD crowd that weren't interested in the GC having plentiful deals to come.
In all fairness there were numerous CAG's who thought it wise not to pay $5 either but there was a huge number on newbies posting in the thread with these types of ?'s which seemed to scream SD's too.

#700 boOgii

boOgii

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Went to the local BB, shelf price for Prototype 2 said $39.99.

Just thought about this not too long ago, (not sure if this has already been mentioned) but you could PM Amazon for it @ $29.99 and hopefully still be able to use the $25 coupon? Not sure if that's considered double dipping, but the coupon on the back says "Not valid with any other coupons or offers", and I don't think PM'ing is necessarily a "coupon" or "offer"?

Could be YMMV but I think I might try it tomorrow.

#701 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Went to the local BB, shelf price for Prototype 2 said $39.99.

Just thought about this not too long ago, (not sure if this has already been mentioned) but you could PM Amazon for it @ $29.99 and hopefully still be able to use the $25 coupon? Not sure if that's considered double dipping, but the coupon on the back says "Not valid with any other coupons or offers", and I don't think PM'ing is necessarily a "coupon" or "offer"?

Could be YMMV but I think I might try it tomorrow.

it'a double dipping & PM's are considered an offer super YMMV

#702 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Best Buy employees are a part of the problem. Every time they give a coupon back they are costing that company $5.

I don't remember the number of times a Best Buy associate offered to scan the coupon for me, without charge, when I was buying magazines left and right during that outrageous Batman AC(before I was GCU). I was telling them I am supposed to buy the mag to get/use the coupon, then they are supposed to take it.

A number of them don't give a Fuck. They need a better company-wide coupon system/training method/secret shoppers.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#703 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

SD was one of the reason Kmart game deals are dead because when it first rolled out the coupons weren't unique codes and people were photo coping them and reusing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#704 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Looks like my nephew got it just in time. He took my coupon Thursday night and got it for $5 no problem. The guy at the game counter did seem surprised that it went through that low.

#705 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Wait, is that any different from the CAGs who bought 200 "free" PS3 games from Newegg just a day ago?
One guy bought 57 Nintendo DS games bcuz that sall the system allowed or something.

Or the guys who bought 3 Ni No Kuni's to hoard/sell on ebay for 300+ using a backdoor link? When lots of members couldnt even get the 1 they ordered months ago?

I'm not saying SD *is* always ethical, I'm just saying neither is CAG.

-my 2 cents.

And as far as this thread goes, I dont think it's coming back down to 5$, but fingers crossed.
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#706 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

So i got the gamers club unlocked a couple weeks back and dissapointed to know I wont get more coupons until March.

I REALLY want a coupon for Asura's wrath so I could POSSIBLY get it close to nothing/free.

But I bet they already did this, huh? :-/
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#707 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wait, is that any different from the CAGs who bought 200 "free" PS3 games from Newegg just a day ago?
One guy bought 57 Nintendo DS games bcuz that sall the system allowed or something.

Or the guys who bought 3 Ni No Kuni's to hoard/sell on ebay for 300+ using a backdoor link? When lots of members couldnt even get the 1 they ordered months ago?

-my 2 cents.

And as far as this thread goes, I dont think it's coming back down to 5$, but fingers crossed.

Just take a look at the GamersGate thread to get another good example.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#708 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

-my 2 cents.

I think the big difference is here we have so many members who are against stuff like that, and get pretty vocal about it. At SD, everyone seems to be looking for ways to get over.

#709 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

I got lucky, I did a store pickup order to cancel and rebuy. So yesterday went in cancelled, and when he rang it up it was showing 40$. But because he saw I originally paid 30$ he did price adjust it back to 30. However the coupon then only took 15 off instead of 25. But luckily a manager came and did an override with out question. Anyway scored a PS3 Radnet edition for 5$, thanks OP!

125365.png

#710 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

seriously this drives me crazy
just accept it best buy
the game is $30 which means $5 after coupon
there is no way they can hold off for the entire month of February
im just glad amazon started having some of the $20 credit pre-order deals
just a few more months til my GCU membership ends and then i can proceed to never consider buying a video game from best buy ever again

#711 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think the big difference is here we have so many members who are against stuff like that, and get pretty vocal about it. At SD, everyone seems to be looking for ways to get over.

This is the biggest difference I've seen. While there are many who take advantage, it is frowned upon here and those who brag are often ostracized and those who post illegal (or even questionable) activities are often deleted or banned. CAG mod and community do make an effort to not only refrain from endorsing stuff like return fraud and hoarding, but also take some steps to lower how much it is talked about.

SD is a "everything is fair game" sort of place.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#712 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

In regards to the shelf tag showing 39.99, mine was showing to but the game rung up at 29.99 and $5 after coupon. Just lazy store associates.

#713 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

well final fantasy 13-2 is over a year old now. time to drop it square enix !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#714 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

In regards to the shelf tag showing 39.99, mine was showing to but the game rung up at 29.99 and $5 after coupon. Just lazy store associates.

if you are talking about a couple days ago than yeah, we know

#715 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hmm... my Prototype 2 did not come out to $5. Are there 2 SKUs of it? Mine had a sticker over the UPC. It also came in a slipcover.

EDIT: This was all Friday night. I guess the deal is dead for P2.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#716 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hmm... my Prototype 2 did not come out to $5. Are there 2 SKUs of it? Mine had a sticker over the UPC. It also came in a slipcover.

EDIT: This was all Friday night. I guess the deal is dead for P2.

The price is now $40. It was $30 earlier this week.

#717 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Look back over the last few pages. The price went up.

#718 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

if you are talking about a couple days ago than yeah, we know

Sorry. Didn't read back on my phone. Guess p2 deal is dead.

#719 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

-my 2 cents.

There's always going to be some people looking for the quick buck, no matter what site you're on, but there's no people on SD saying it's wrong or stupid to do.

#720 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

There's always going to be some people looking for the quick buck, no matter what site you're on, but there's no people on SD saying it's wrong or stupid to do.

Also over at SD, if you did get in on some crazy deal and took advantage of it, you're looked at like some kind of god. Not so much here.