Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#721 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Also over at SD, if you did get in on some crazy deal and took advantage of it, you're looked at like some kind of god. Not so much here.

this. Especially when the deal is obtained by lying, cheating, haggling, begging, loop-holing, causing-sales-rep-jobs methods.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#722 Btillmoon

Btillmoon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

would anyone be willing to part with their prototype 2 coupon?

#723 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

would anyone be willing to part with their prototype 2 coupon?

It will no longer be $5, they raised the price now it's $15 after coupon. But anyways, you can have my coupon if you want it. PM me your address and I'll mail it out on Monday.
tl

#724 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well, there is still plenty of time for another drop to happen.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#725 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

just FYI. I received this when I renewed my subscription to @gamer mag.

Effective with the Jan/Feb 2013 issue of all Unlocked memberships
subscription benefit to @Gamer will be served in a digital format. We
will no longer print full version magazines for the stores effective
with the March 2013 issue.

#726 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Damn, I hope everyone transfers to Digital version smoothly. I have feeling some of us will need to contact support to get our magazine/coupons.

#727 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Sweet, a CAS member in the area. We must have missed each other because I also picked up a copy today.

Right on. I was there around 8-ish I think. I've met one other CAG in the area once when I was in Schaumburg. We were both checking the penny guides. Glad to know there are some others around here. Keep an eye out for one another and all.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#728 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I was just able to snag a $5 Prototype 2. The shelf sticker price was still $29.99 but it rang up for $39.99. They honored the shelf price and $25 off coupon with a manager override. YMMV but good luck - check the shelf price!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#729 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Wow. This was my first mag that was mailed to me...and my last, I guess.

#730 bananafish900

bananafish900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

It's a shame that Prototype 2 went back to $40. Best Buy doesn't like selling games at CAG prices, it seems. Hopefully the game will drop back down to $30 again. I already got a copy yesterday, so I'm pleased.

I lucked out and grabbed one too thanks to someone posting in the gamefly thread. BB hasn't had one of these in awhile that I can remember and I kind of gave up following this thread to try. Best of luck to those trying to price match or waiting for it to drop down. I guess at least the coupon lasts for another month.

#731 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Got BB to price match Gamestop's 30 sale for Prototype 2, but no luck on using the coupon on top....can't blame a CAG for trying.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#732 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Got BB to price match Gamestop's 30 sale for Prototype 2, but no luck on using the coupon on top....can't blame a CAG for trying.

I assume you used the coupon instead?

#733 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

well final fantasy 13-2 is over a year old now. time to drop it square enix !

pretty sure its $20 everywhere except best buy anyway, im sure they will adjust their price as soon as the coupon expires.

#734 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

I assume you used the coupon instead?

No. Too much of a CAG to pay 15 for such an old game...only time I spent that much in the last three years was for Forza Horizon this BF and the double pack of Saints Row the last.

I'm hoping it at least hits to 35 sale before the coupon expires. No loss if I don't pick it up for the second time in a year they had a coupon for it.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#735 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Got P2 for $5 using a coupon from a magazine in store and some sweet-talking with a cashier and a manager. YMMV for sure.

#736 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Got P2 for $5 using a coupon from a magazine in store and some sweet-talking with a cashier and a manager. YMMV for sure.

Did you wink?

#737 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

The. balls.

When I sent them an email earlier in the week, I was just told that since mailing labels are pre-printed for upcoming magazines, my mag sub would start with the March issue. I guess she hadn't checked her memos quite yet that day.

Posted Image

#738 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

anybody not using their P2 coupon and wants to grab me one for $5, you would be awesome.

#739 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

The magazine is going digital... That's not good. :(
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#740 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

anybody not using their P2 coupon and wants to grab me one for $5, you would be awesome.

We'll do it for you if you can get Best Buy to drop the price back down.

#741 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

i dont want digital coupons, i want physical ! oh well i better get ajusted to this :(
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#742 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Can the digital coupons be abused, or do they all have a unique barcode?

125365.png

#743 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I think thats why bestbuy is going digital with coupons. So the coupons cant be abused anymore. Bestbuy is losing alot with universal barcodes coz of abusers. Like what gamestop is doing with their reward coupons, i see unique barcoding going to happen for these.

#744 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

i dont want digital coupons, i want physical ! oh well i better get ajusted to this :(

You are part of the problem MR. IBuyGamesForGirlsWhoDon'tPutOut

#745 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

I don't see the difference between digital coupons like RZ offers and physical coupons, well, unless you want to buy multiples under one subscription I guess.

Personally it saves me the trouble of putting the coupons in the car.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#746 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I think thats why bestbuy is going digital with coupons. So the coupons cant be abused anymore. Bestbuy is losing alot with universal barcodes coz of abusers. Like what gamestop is doing with their reward coupons, i see unique barcoding going to happen for these.

Makes sense, and also wont allow the cashier to hand the coupon back and have it be used again. Plus they save money on having to print and pay postage of the physical copy. Also since it can't be abused it means a much better chance of us actually getting the item. Seems like a win except selling a digital magazine with notoriety is tough, so selling a 3rd string digital gaming magazine to new subs is going to be pretty damn hard. Just hope it doesn't kill the program as I've gotten some pretty nice deals since subscribing last August.

Personally it saves me the trouble of putting the coupons in the car.

I hope they are just tied to the account and not have to be printed, that would be even better.

125365.png

#747 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

I think they're gonna shoot themselves in the foot if they do it digital only, since the coupons have sucked since august/september no one is going to subscribe.

#748 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

You are part of the problem MR. IBuyGamesForGirlsWhoDon'tPutOut

Wait. People still say "put out"? Or is it limited to those who still refer to "talkies", "trollops", and "reefer"?
Posted Image

#749 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I hope they are just tied to the account and not have to be printed, that would be even better.

Yep, or just displayable via a smartphone. We'll see how BBY decides to play this.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#750 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Wait. People still say "put out"? Or is it limited to those who still refer to "talkies", "trollops", and "reefer"?

I am not a person, I am a 90's robot sent in the future to insult nerds with nothing to do on a Saturday night.