Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#751 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Makes sense, and also wont allow the cashier to hand the coupon back and have it be used again. Plus they save money on having to print and pay postage of the physical copy. Also since it can't be abused it means a much better chance of us actually getting the item. Seems like a win except selling a digital magazine with notoriety is tough, so selling a 3rd string digital gaming magazine to new subs is going to be pretty damn hard. Just hope it doesn't kill the program as I've gotten some pretty nice deals since subscribing last August.

I hope they are just tied to the account and not have to be printed, that would be even better.

Gamer mag is not advertised as much in the weekly ad. Once they start digital only, I would guess they will put more announcements to the weekly ad like... To get $ 20off this game you have to subscribe and get the code in email or smartphone. Again, going digital and unique coupon barcoding is for bestbuy's best interest and will ultimately help ensure quality coupons for the paying subscriber.

Edited by CAGkrazy, 03 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#752 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm guessing they will be tied to the account. They upgraded their system recently and it now allows the cashier to use RZ certs without printing them out. It just pops up a window showing any RZ certs in your account when they scan/look up your RZ info, cashier then asks if you would like to use them. I believe this is new but I could be wrong since I always printed mine at home anyway.

#753 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

So I bought Prototype 2 a week ago for $15....

when I see $30 price I ask my friend for his coupon and go to re-buy it....

Guy says it rings up at $40, but he believes me on the $30 price so changes it.....but then the coupon only takes $15 off....so whatever he did I wound up buying the game for like $1.49....and he tells me to give him good feedback because it is the last day....holy crap ! ::::runs to car to get receipt in the cold snow!::::::

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#754 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

why would i want a digital magazine?
i'm pretty sure there are better sources of video game news on the internet.

#755 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

why would i want a digital magazine?
i'm pretty sure there are better sources of video game news on the internet.

Who actually read @gamer mags? i dont! Physical or digital version does not bother me. I subscribed just for the coupons!!! It pays for the subscription itself . Hehe!

#756 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Went to my BB but Prototype2 was still at $40 there. Hoping for the drop to register soon!
Posted Image

#757 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

I'm guessing they will be tied to the account. They upgraded their system recently and it now allows the cashier to use RZ certs without printing them out. It just pops up a window showing any RZ certs in your account when they scan/look up your RZ info, cashier then asks if you would like to use them. I believe this is new but I could be wrong since I always printed mine at home anyway.

Really? That's cool. I forgot my $10 certificate the other day. Unfortunately, the doofus at the counter didn't ask me if I wanted to use it.

#758 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

For the first time yesterday I was asked if I wanted to use my rewards at the register.

Who actually read @gamer mags? i dont!

I do. It's not a great mag and the reviews are sketchy, but it's good for the crapper. Plus it's pointed out some download games that weren't on my radar.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#759 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Went to my BB but Prototype2 was still at $40 there. Hoping for the drop to register soon!

Went to bb today and i was able to get prototype 2 for the ps3 for at the 29.99 price point. The guy that was their is way cool and he said that 29.99 is the new MSRP for both 360 and ps3. Had some problems they had to do a override because at 29.99 it was only taking off 15$ but was able to pick up for 5$ after coupon. I picked it up at the Arrowhead mall in Glendale, az if anyone wants to know where.

#760 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Went to bb today and i was able to get prototype 2 for the ps3 for at the 29.99 price point. The guy that was their is way cool and he said that 29.99 is the new MSRP for both 360 and ps3. Had some problems they had to do a override because at 29.99 it was only taking off 15$ but was able to pick up for 5$ after coupon. I picked it up at the Arrowhead mall in Glendale, az if anyone wants to know where.

Had exact same scenario at my BB, had to do a few overides, but I managed to pick up Prototype 2 for $4.99! BB has BEST customer service

#761 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Had exact same scenario at my BB, had to do a few overides, but I managed to pick up Prototype 2 for $4.99! BB has BEST customer service

I wish i could say BB has the best customer service but for me its been hit or miss. Sometimes when i go it its either you should be lucky that i am helping you or Yes sir that would not be a problem and thank you for shopping best buy. But over all I good good time at my best buy i never have a problem getting the buy two get one deals or any other major deals.

#762 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Prototype 2 was marked at $30 at my BB, but sadly I didn't have my coupon with me so I didn't try to get it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#763 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

For the first time yesterday I was asked if I wanted to use my rewards at the register.

I do. It's not a great mag and the reviews are sketchy, but it's good for the crapper. Plus it's pointed out some download games that weren't on my radar.

exactly

#764 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Who actually read @gamer mags? i dont! Physical or digital version does not bother me. I subscribed just for the coupons!!! It pays for the subscription itself . Hehe!

I read one issue and it was terrible.

I don't know if I'll be renewing. The last several months have been disappointing, and it seems like Best Buy isn't selling may good games for $10 anymore.

#765 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

just FYI. I received this when I renewed my subscription to @gamer mag.

You beat me to it. I just renewed a week ago ago and got the email from @Gamer. I love how it said I "selected" to receive the digital version of the magazine when I did so. I did not and emailed them to tell them so. Then I get the dreaded reply email saying there will be no more paper magazines effective March. :cry: Why did you tell me I "selected" digital on the renewal confirmation email? Total BS. I should have been told all this when I renewed at the register-the clerk said the program was all the same-no changes:bs:

#766 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I read one issue and it was terrible.

I don't know if I'll be renewing. The last several months have been disappointing, and it seems like Best Buy isn't selling may good games for $10 anymore.

Ya Im in the same boat as you. Its a shitty shitty magazine. Every review and article seems to be generic corporate shilling trying to sell crap and not real reviews. I also only got it for the coupons but theyve been damn cruddy the past few months. Really not sure if its worth renewing. Right now the only benefit is the bonus RZ points i think you get

ah well i'll probably grab Prototype 2 in anticipation of the price drop just in case. If it doesn't i'll return it
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#767 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yeah when I went in for another round of dvd trade ins on Friday, the cashier told me about this option. I didn't actually try it though so can't comment on the process.

#768 stageman12

stageman12

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Got Prototype 2 at the $4.99, but the Racine, WI store is dead for awhile. Rang up at $39.99 despite the $29.99 shelf tags. The manager pulled all the games and the shelf tags claiming it was a "huge error." Managed to get Kirby Dream Collection for $20 as well...

#769 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

it drives me crazy when the best buy employees/ managers freak out about you getting a game for $5-10 after coupon like its some Insane deal.

#770 mikeda

mikeda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Prototype is $40 at BB now. On their web page too. I know because I had to pay $15 rather than $5

#771 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Prototype is $40 at BB now. On their web page too. I know because I had to pay $15 rather than $5

It's been that way since Friday.

#772 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

So you're saying it's only $40 now because you know?

#773 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

^

The reviews indeed are sketchy. Among other examples, they reviewed Disgaea 3 for the Vita at least a month before it came out. By playing D3 for the PS3 of course.

#774 mikeda

mikeda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

So you're saying it's only $40 now because you know?

I'm saying I know because I only learned about the increase when I was at the register (but still wanted the game anyway). Didn't even bother to look at the tag when I grabbed the game.

#775 alpo845

alpo845

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

I went to Best Buy. Price on the tag was still $39.99. I'm hoping it'll drop in a few days.
Page VS King and its not a Pay-Per-View

#776 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

You beat me to it. I just renewed a week ago ago and got the email from @Gamer. I love how it said I "selected" to receive the digital version of the magazine when I did so. I did not and emailed them to tell them so. Then I get the dreaded reply email saying there will be no more paper magazines effective March. :cry: Why did you tell me I "selected" digital on the renewal confirmation email? Total BS. I should have been told all this when I renewed at the register-the clerk said the program was all the same-no changes:bs:

Im glad you mentioned this. I will likely not renew now.

#777 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Im glad you mentioned this. I will likely not renew now.

I thought about not renewing mine subscription too, i kinda like having the magazine even thou it wasnt that good. But you got to think is one good coupon, and the subscription pays for itself. They sent me $5 RZ coupon, so im pretty sure, I will get my $10 back soon enough.

Just my 2 cents.

#778 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Tried to get Prototype 2 last night, was still $39.99...explained the new MSRP, but the UPC on the box directs to the first-run Radnet version, which has a separate MSRP I guess...so no luck...

www.amazon.com/Prototype-2-Xbox-360/dp/B004FUL9YW/
www.amazon.com/Prototype-Limited-Edition-Hardened-Xbox-360/

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#779 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I thought about not renewing mine subscription too, i kinda like having the magazine even thou it wasnt that good. But you got to think is one good coupon, and the subscription pays for itself. They sent me $5 RZ coupon, so im pretty sure, I will get my $10 back soon enough.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, when you think about the coupons, it makes sense. I just don't like things being taken away from me that I'm paying for, especially since this magazine has been out for such a short amount of time.

Personally, I hated the launch edition of this magazine and didn't join until months later for a trade-in deal. Then when I started receiving it, I found it be all right. Here's the thing, just about every magazine or professional site marks out for the AAA titles. Yeah, @gamer has more merchandise preview pages than other magazines, but I find the stuff cool to look at, knowing I'm likely not going to spend the money on it anyway.

I stopped subscribing to XBOX Magazine because they cut a bunch of stuff but still try to charge $25 a year. I didn't renew Playstation Magazine before they closed up. So I guess right now the only physical magazine left is Game Informer, and I know it's just a matter of time before that's all digital too.

#780 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, when you think about the coupons, it makes sense. I just don't like things being taken away from me that I'm paying for, especially since this magazine has been out for such a short amount of time.

Personally, I hated the launch edition of this magazine and didn't join until months later for a trade-in deal. Then when I started receiving it, I found it be all right. Here's the thing, just about every magazine or professional site marks out for the AAA titles. Yeah, @gamer has more merchandise preview pages than other magazines, but I find the stuff cool to look at, knowing I'm likely not going to spend the money on it anyway.

I stopped subscribing to XBOX Magazine because they cut a bunch of stuff but still try to charge $25 a year. I didn't renew Playstation Magazine before they closed up. So I guess right now the only physical magazine left is Game Informer, and I know it's just a matter of time before that's all digital too.

I didn't mind having only the digital version of the magazine. I only cared about the coupons anyway. My account is going to expire, and I doubt I'm going to renew the subscription. The coupons do pay for themself, but they have been lackluster as of late. Digital is going to be the way of the future though. Not related to the magazine, but I rented the ebook version of my college texts books, and I saved a bunch. Easier to carry around an iPad to read than heavy textbooks. Just my 2 cents though.