Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#811 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

After months of coupons being thrown away, I've used 2 out of this issue. Got Zumba Core for Kinect.:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#812 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Because they're really forcing it down people's throats like Gamestop and their cards and preorders and whatever else...

They are charging for a Gamers club that is questionably more valuable than what they used to give for for free with Gamers Zone

I personally dont appreciate it, the GZ was fine the way it was and didnt require a fee to participate. All BB is doing is confusing and pissing off customers with this pseudo Gamestop bullshit
Posted Image
Posted Image

#813 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Finally popped in my $5 Prototype 2 and while it's definitely fun I definitely don't really like the main character (reminds me waaaaay too much of the dude from Mortal Kombat, can't recall his name atm), the terrible draw distance is kind of baffling, and I can't shake the feeling of it just being a poor man's inFamous

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#814 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Finally popped in my $5 Prototype 2 and while it's definitely fun I definitely don't really like the main character (reminds me waaaaay too much of the dude from Mortal Kombat, can't recall his name atm), the terrible draw distance is kind of baffling, and I can't shake the feeling of it just being a poor man's inFamous

Shang Tsung??? :D

#815 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Shang Tsung??? :D

Haha no... just remembered, Jax.

233526.png

#816 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

How are the confusing anyone? It all seems pretty straight forward, lol.

#817 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Noob Saibot?

#818 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

on sale for $55 so $45 after coupon.

#819 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

$10 off X360 Wireless Controller with transfroming D pad($45 AFTER COUPON)
http://www.bestbuy.c...1608094&st=xbox 360 controller&cp=1&lp=3

Why does the controller in the picture look like it has a charging cable with it?

#820 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

They are charging for a Gamers club that is questionably more valuable than what they used to give for for free with Gamers Zone

I personally dont appreciate it, the GZ was fine the way it was and didnt require a fee to participate. All BB is doing is confusing and pissing off customers with this pseudo Gamestop bullshit

You know... Things change.

Best BUy has to make money somehow. It's not like they're apple with their billions in stock reserves. The free GZ obviously wasn't cutting it for them bottom line.

This is my #1 problem with cag- too many people who think businesses exist solely to sell them stuff for cheap. Gotta Give a little too, ya know.

Between trade ins and coupons, I've saved the $15 cost and then some. Stop worrying about the free GZ deals you *used* to get. That wasn't going to continue because it wasn't working for them.

#821 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Why does the controller in the picture look like it has a charging cable with it?

Because it comes with it??? Lol.

Here's the product description.

"Includes a play-and-charge cable for continuous gameplay while the controller charges"

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#822 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Because it comes with it??? Lol.

Here's the product description.

"Includes a play-and-charge cable for continuous gameplay while the controller charges"

I guess I assumed that the controller is not Play-and-Charge because it is not in the title like other Play-and-charge controllers. Also, the description is pretty poor. It says that it includes the cable, but it never mentions that the rechargeable battery is included. It does, however, allude to a battery, so that is my fault for not reading carefully.

Is this controller the only one that works with the coupon? Is one available without the play-and-charge extras?

#823 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Best BUy has to make money somehow. It's not like they're apple with their billions in stock reserves. The free GZ obviously wasn't cutting it for them bottom line.

This is my #1 problem with cag- too many people who think businesses exist solely to sell them stuff for cheap. Gotta Give a little too, ya know.

Between trade ins and coupons, I've saved the $15 cost and then some. Stop worrying about the free GZ deals you *used* to get. That wasn't going to continue because it wasn't working for them.

I appreciate the voice of reason here. Makes it a little eaiser to read through the complaints. Thank you.

#824 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I appreciate the voice of reason here. Makes it a little eaiser to read through the complaints. Thank you.

The $15 price has been saved over time and time again for me. I would say I probably saved that $15 on the first round of usable coupons alone, lol. Yes, it sucks that these same types of coupons used to be free, but the $15 isn't much and like I said I've saved that many times over.

233526.png

#825 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Btw, another Unlocked benefit I just discovered when glancing at the terms of service faq is that, apparently, for Unlocked members, RZ points don't expire at the end of the year. So, on top of the savings and bathroom reading material, some people with points in their account (like myself) might get an extra RZ certificate out of the deal.

#826 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Oops, I meant cash reserves, not stock reserves.

Anyway, getting $20 back on a new release (vs $10) has already paid for the GCU fee this year -- cause there are some games I must play right away.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#827 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

The $15 price has been saved over time and time again for me. I would say I probably saved that $15 on the first round of usable coupons alone, lol. Yes, it sucks that these same types of coupons used to be free, but the $15 isn't much and like I said I've saved that many times over.

I feel the same way. I've saved well over the $15, even with a few dry months here and there. Plus, the magazine is good for downtime at work or in the restroom.

#828 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Btw, another Unlocked benefit I just discovered when glancing at the terms of service faq is that, apparently, for Unlocked members, RZ points don't expire at the end of the year. So, on top of the savings and bathroom reading material, some people with points in their account (like myself) might get an extra RZ certificate out of the deal.

really?!?!?!?! nice

#829 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

really?!?!?!?! nice

Yep. Look under "Do points expire" here: https://myrewardzone...q/earningpoints

#830 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Sucks a bit but I guess it's not that unreasonable, certainly not worth loosing one's monocle over !

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#831 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Wow, that is great. They should really advertise that feature more since expiring points has always been an issue ever since they introduced Reward Zone. I've gotten five or six $5 certificates over a year just from buying a bunch of $5 games and was wondering why my points never seemed to deplete.

Another lesser-known feature of Reward Zone is that you get points by shopping with various retailers like Old Navy and drugstore.com if you go through the Reward Zone Online Mall.

#832 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Funny I always felt like inFamous was a poor man's Prototype. Both 1 and 2.

P2 was significantly better than P1 - in fact its VERY hard to go back to P1 after P2. I didn't enjoy the main character as much in P2 as I did P1, but after awhile he really grew on me. For what it's worth, P2 was one of the funniest games I've played in awhile. It might not have had a lot of depth, or insane graphics, but it was just plain fun - it also has a GREAT balance of collectibles - in that it shows you generally where they are, and there aren't 500+ for no reason other than to piss you off (hi Web of Shadows...).

It's an easy 900/1000 and 1000/1000 is pretty easy as well I just don't have the time for that anymore.

#833 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

They leave alot of money on the table with foolish mistakes though & poorly thought out promos. If they were to edit slightly several things across the board money(profit not revenue) would be pouring in. They need to focus on pleasing all customers. The GC could easily be adapted to suit each gamer type & when done correctly there'd be no competition.

#834 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

So Prototype should be $30 MSRP by now right?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#835 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Protoype 2 SHOULD be $30, as seen by the pre-owned price at $25. BUT I think BB is doing something somewhat shady. Yes MSRP is suggested so they do not have to change the price. But I bet once the coupon expires you'll see the price go down to $30.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#836 M00seKnuckle

M00seKnuckle

Best in the world!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Protoype 2 SHOULD be $30, as seen by the pre-owned price at $25. BUT I think BB is doing something somewhat shady. Yes MSRP is suggested so they do not have to change the price. But I bet once the coupon expires you'll see the price go down to $30.

Guaranteed once the coupon expires the MSRP will suddenly drop to $30.
Coheed and Cambria kicks balls!

#837 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Yea I wasn't able to get it for $5, oh well. Still a good game and I would recommend it to anyone at $15-$20 range

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#838 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

i agree with others that prototype 2 will be dropped after the coupon expires. im also afraid that this will happen with final fantasy 13-2 as its 19.99 everywhere else except bestbuy :(
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#839 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

i agree with others that prototype 2 will be dropped after the coupon expires. im also afraid that this will happen with final fantasy 13-2 as its 19.99 everywhere else except bestbuy :(

Yeah I noticed this when I was at Target the other day...shame on you Best Buy!

#840 momshotdad

momshotdad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

does anyone know when the feb coupons are released?