Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#841 htz

htz

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

does anyone know when the feb coupons are released?

The Jan/Feb coupons are the same, next batch of new coupons are coming in March.

#842 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

does anyone know when the feb coupons are released?

you realize in the first post it says these are good till march 2nd right???

#843 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Did I miss something with Final Fantasy XIII-2? In the last few days, all of the novella copies that have been sitting around for like half a year suddenly disappeared, and the employee said it sold out and people had been coming in all day looking for it.

The price was still marked at $39.99. Not sure what would have suddenly caused it to fly off the shelves. Oh well...at least I can stop watching for it to drop another $10 in the hopes of trading in mine for a novella copy and get on with my life...lol

#844 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Protoype 2 SHOULD be $30, as seen by the pre-owned price at $25. BUT I think BB is doing something somewhat shady. Yes MSRP is suggested so they do not have to change the price. But I bet once the coupon expires you'll see the price go down to $30.

I got it for $5 a few weeks ago but this is why i am pondering whether to renew in march. And also that i heard the magazine is going all digital.

#845 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

still no final fantasy 13-2 drop. looks like the drops for this and prototype two will indeed happen next month :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#846 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

So when is the magazine going all digital? Do they email it to you?

#847 htz

htz

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

So when is the magazine going all digital? Do they email it to you?

If you haven't renewed yet, the rest of your subscription will still be mailed to you. All new and renewed unlocked members will be forced to digital starting now.

#848 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

So, do I have to be a Unlocked member to get these?

#849 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

So, do I have to be a Unlocked member to get these?

Yes. I think you can still buy the magazine in store, but the coupons now state that you have to be an unlocked member to use them.

#850 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yes. I think you can still buy the magazine in store, but the coupons now state that you have to be an unlocked member to use them.

Oh well, that's that I suppose. Not really sure it's worth it to me, as my nearest BB is so far away, and everything I want isn't available for shipping:( first world problems lol

#851 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Oh well, that's that I suppose. Not really sure it's worth it to me, as my nearest BB is so far away, and everything I want isn't available for shipping:( first world problems lol

Actually, coupons are in-store only, anyway.

#852 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Picked up the transforming controller today. I mainly got it because I needed a play n charge kit, so I figured it was a good price for $45 for the whole package. I just they had more colors besides black

#853 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

so anyone know how long the sale on that controller will last? as i'd like to do as many polls as possible and rack up as many points and stack them with the coupon for that 360 controller?

#854 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

So I take it today's lack of price updates dashed any remaining hope of getting $10 Final Fantasy XIII-2 or $5 Prototype 2? My store just put out even more XIII-2 novella copies, but don't really want to trade in my copy and pay $17 for a short book. Probably would have paid under $10 just to have it, though. Oh well.

#855 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

so guessing $5 prototype 2 is only if you can get an override?

#856 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

hate to bump this but saw the price for prototype the day after the coupon expired...

http://www.bestbuy.c...60&st=prototype

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#857 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

hate to bump this but saw the price for prototype the day after the coupon expired...

Now that's just a dick move...

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#858 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Wow...that's pretty ridiculous...

#859 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yeah it sucks that they drop the price on the game the day after the coupons expire but you could have bought it for $15 yesterday compared to $30 today.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#860 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

It's too much of a coincidence. Somebody at BB corp paid attention to the @Gamer coupon. The $5 deal for P2 was even advertised on their facebook page for 2 days before they increased the price and took down the promotion.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#861 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

It's too much of a coincidence. Somebody at BB corp paid attention to the @Gamer coupon. The $5 deal for P2 was even advertised on their facebook page for 2 days before they increased the price and took down the promotion.

Hopefully this wont be the trend going forward since i just renewed my gamers just to get the $20 rewards coupon for tombraider. want to use the zone of enders coupon this month so m hoping bestbuy price will go down for a better deal

#862 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I must be missing something with the amount of people complaining about these pricedrops after coupon promos expire.

I haven't been a GCU member for all that long, but most of these coupons seem to be there strictly for the purpose of giving us a jump on the new pricedrops before the general public can get them at the new low-price.

What's to bitch about? Is the complaint that a retail chain can fundamentally understand when one of their very own promos expires so they wait until it does to lower a price so that they're not losing their shirts just to move inventory that will eventually sell? I really just can't wrap my head around all this whining.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#863 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

At least wait a day or 2 best buy...my problem is that they PURPOSEFULLY have terrible prices on any and all games where they have a coupon for

If the MSRP drops everywhere, best buy will keep it high because they don't want people who PAID to get coupons from cashing in on a great deal

#864 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I must be missing something with the amount of people complaining about these pricedrops after coupon promos expire.

I haven't been a GCU member for all that long, but most of these coupons seem to be there strictly for the purpose of giving us a jump on the new pricedrops before the general public can get them at the new low-price.

What's to bitch about? Is the complaint that a retail chain can fundamentally understand when one of their very own promos expires so they wait until it does to lower a price so that they're not losing their shirts just to move inventory that will eventually sell? I really just can't wrap my head around all this whining.

I think you are taking harmless banner between a community dedicated to getting things at very low prices too seriously. I'm sure nobody is losing sleep over it, you know?

#865 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

At least wait a day or 2 best buy...my problem is that they PURPOSEFULLY have terrible prices on any and all games where they have a coupon for

If the MSRP drops everywhere, best buy will keep it high because they don't want people who PAID to get coupons from cashing in on a great deal

C'mon dude -seriously? As I said earlier, the coupon allowed you to get the game for $15 while everywhere else it was listed at $30. So yeah, you could have got a great deal if you wanted.

Boohoo you didn't have a chance to grab it for $5 like other people. So much complaining around here...
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#866 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

C'mon dude -seriously? As I said earlier, the coupon allowed you to get the game for $15 while everywhere else it was listed at $30. So yeah, you could have got a great deal if you wanted.

Boohoo you didn't have a chance to grab it for $5 like other people. So much complaining around here...

Come on. Be real. MSRP dropped for Prototype 2 and it was $30. With the coupon. it should have been $5. Best Buy raised the price just because they didn't want to sell it for $5. Then, yesterday when the new coupons went into effect, they magically lowered the price to MSRP. That was a dick move. Nobody should be letting this slide. You are probably fine with this because you got it for $5. Guess what? I did to. But lots of people didn't, because they didn't expect this kind of trechery from Best Buy. I got the game for $5. But others didn't and they should have. I doubt we will ever get a $5 game for very long from the Gamer magazine. DBZ Kinect? I expect them to raise the price by tomorrow at the latest. This was complete bullshit on the part of Best Buy.
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#867 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Come on. Be real. MSRP dropped for Prototype 2 and it was $30. With the coupon. it should have been $5. Best Buy raised the price just because they didn't want to sell it for $5. Then, yesterday when the new coupons went into effect, they magically lowered the price to MSRP. That was a dick move..

It's not a "dick" move. It's called business. Companies aren't here to lose money to give you things for extra cheap. (Loss leaders excepted.)

Instead of complaining about this, perhaps you should learn a thing or two about margins and revenue instead of broadcasting your ignorance from the virtual rooftops. This was simply a case of marketing timing. The error they made was the 1 day that you could get it for $5. That was the exception, not the rule and poor planning on their part.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#868 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's not a "dick" move. It's called business. Companies aren't here to lose money to give you things for extra cheap. (Loss leaders excepted.)

Instead of complaining about this, perhaps you should learn a thing or two about margins and revenue instead of broadcasting your ignorance from the virtual rooftops. This was simply a case of marketing timing. The error they made was the 1 day that you could get it for $5. That was the exception, not the rule and poor planning on their part.

You know, I knew it would be you responding to this. You're always so fast to come to the aid of these corporate sleezeballs. Take a look at the top of your monitor. What's the name of this site? CAG. That's CheapAssGamer. We want games for cheap. If we can get a game for cheap, and then suddenly can't because a company decided the money in their pockets is a few hundred dollars less than the $5 billion they already have, then it a problem we should be complaining about.

Another thing. You know who regulates prices? It's not the company. It's the customer. If a customer decides not to buy something because it's too high, they don't buy it. Enough customers do that, and the price drops. I'm sure that plenty of people bought Prototype 2 for $15 before the drop to $5. And I'm sure that not a single person on here bought it for $15 after it went up from $5. Because we decide prices. If it's too high, we don't buy. Customers can live without certain businesses. Certain businesses cannot live without customers.
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#869 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

You know, I knew it would be you responding to this. You're always so fast to come to the aid of these corporate sleezeballs. Take a look at the top of your monitor. What's the name of this site? CAG. That's CheapAssGamer. We want games for cheap. If we can get a game for cheap, and then suddenly can't because a company decided the money in their pockets is a few hundred dollars less than the $5 billion they already have, then it a problem we should be complaining about.

Another thing. You know who regulates prices? It's not the company. It's the customer. If a customer decides not to buy something because it's too high, they don't buy it. Enough customers do that, and the price drops. I'm sure that plenty of people bought Prototype 2 for $15 before the drop to $5. And I'm sure that not a single person on here bought it for $15 after it went up from $5. Because we decide prices. If it's too high, we don't buy. Customers can live without certain businesses. Certain businesses cannot live without customers.

Go read confoosious's comment again, when you understand the portion I highlighted below, you will understand why your post doesn't make any sense.

This was simply a case of marketing timing. The error they made was the 1 day that you could get it for $5. That was the exception, not the rule and poor planning on their part.

Posted Image

#870 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

There's a difference between being cheap and being ignorant.

I'm cheap.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade