Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#61 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

last coupon i used was 4 or 5 months ago to get a copy of rage pc version for free. hopefully soul calibur works on the collectors edition, that will kinda make up for the drought
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#62 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

last coupon i used was 4 or 5 months ago to get a copy of rage pc version for free. hopefully soul calibur works on the collectors edition, that will kinda make up for the drought

I recall it did last time right?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#63 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

If the prototype works on the CE then I'm just gonna bite on that.

#64 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

... How come only games I bought go on sale??? Prototype 2 from black friday microsoft store at $10, and got ffxiii-2 free a while ago after dumping the amazon preorder bonus for $60... damnit I need deals on NEW games to add to my massive backlog...

#65 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I renewed a couple of months ago and still never got my 2nd set of GCU welcome packet I was supposed to get. I have a feeling their system isn't setup to identify renewals...

#66 dominator

dominator

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It would be nice if that controller goes on sale soon, I can see us being able to pick that sucker up for 45 or even 35.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#67 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I renewed a couple of months ago and still never got my 2nd set of GCU welcome packet I was supposed to get. I have a feeling their system isn't setup to identify renewals...

When I renewed, they asked if I wanted digital or delivery, I said delivery but I was emailed the welcome packet coupons. You may want to check your email.

#68 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

How can I obtain these coupons?

which ones

#69 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

did you get the first set of GCU Welcome Packet

#70 htz

htz

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

This is the only overlap(2 month) issue for 2013 so they're getting it out the way early. Hopefully, the following issues will be filled with games from fall 2012 & early 2013.

The July/August issue will be overlap also. We only get 10 issues per year and 2 of them are overlap.

#71 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I let my subscription expire in December. Glad to see I'm not missing out on anything.

#72 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

When I renewed, they asked if I wanted digital or delivery, I said delivery but I was emailed the welcome packet coupons. You may want to check your email.

I did the same but never got it emailed. I check my inbox and spam folders everyday too.

#73 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

did you get the first set of GCU Welcome Packet

Yup. Just never got my Year 2 welcome packet.

#74 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yup. Just never got my Year 2 welcome packet.

I didn't think there were year 2 welcome packets? Or did a bunch of people get them?

#75 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I would have been down for the pulse headset if the sale price stuck. =(

I already beat Prototype 2 but I feel like getting it again just so I can have a disc in my steelbook :lol:

My GCU sub expires end of March, I'll renew for the $20 RZ certs for pre-ordering, 2x points for game purchases, 10% trade-in bonus, 10% off pre-owned purchases...and possible future coupons.

All I need is just one good month set of coupons and it'll be worth the subscription alone.

Not so much renewing my Power Up Rewards tho. ;)

#76 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I didn't think there were year 2 welcome packets? Or did a bunch of people get them?

You're supposed to get it. It's supposed to be the same set as the first (i.e. B2G1 new, B2G1 used, 50% off guide. It's like renewing the GS PUR membership which nets you another B2G1 coupon.

Nixmahn got his 2nd set for renewing.

#77 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Would pick up Prototype 2 for $5-$10

#78 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I never got my Welcome Packet for renewing either. I posted on the official Best Buy forums about it and was really amazed that I was sent a $60 gift card as an apology. Might want to post about it there and see what happens.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#79 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I let my subscription expire in December. Glad to see I'm not missing out on anything.

You arent preordering anything? Its easy money for me cause im silver. Like a Halo 4, sold and made 45 on ebay, plus 20 in reward certs, PMed to 40, sold DLC for 30. Easy 20 bucks off the game plus DLC money

#80 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Man thats a horrible set of coupons

once again.

#81 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

You arent preordering anything? Its easy money for me cause im silver. Like a Halo 4, sold and made 45 on ebay, plus 20 in reward certs, PMed to 40, sold DLC for 30. Easy 20 bucks off the game plus DLC money

doesnt it take spending like $2500 every year to be silver?

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#82 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Thing is if you use 1 coupon a YEAR, you've gotten your money's worth. I know we've used at least 5 now. If each saved us $20, thats $100 worth of coupons for $15.

That is a bizarre way of looking at things. Let's look at Prototype 2 this month. Yes, the coupon is for $25 off, but the fact of the matter is there is no way in hell I would ever pay $40 for it to begin with, so even if I used the coupon I didn't "save $25". The price after coupon is the only price that matters to me, forget all that nonsense about "ZOMG you saved 6000% off retail!!!".

So here's how my thinking goes in determining if GCU gets my "money's worth". I mentally tack on an extra dollar to everything I buy through GCU. If I've used 15 coupons throughout the year, then I've broken even. That's BROKEN EVEN, not come out ahead. Over the past year I've used 18 coupons, and I've also gotten the 10% used bump, so overall it has been a positive deal after gas, taxes, time, and everything. (I don't use the preorder bonus at all because I don't feel like rushing through the game and then messing around with ebay/craigslist).

However, here's the kicker. The reason I joined GCU is because of the March 2012 issue that had 5 coupons I wanted, and the track record of previous months that spoke to a consistent flow of coupons. I felt very comfortable committing the $15 buy-in because it felt like I would hit 15 transactions easily. Turns out it wasn't that easy.

Come this March, can I really say the same thing after 4 months (5 months due to Jan/Feb double issue) of zero coupons? That's almost half the year. Looking back on the good coupons, how many were based on very specific publisher-level circumstances (incoming GOTY or compilation edition obsoleting the version the coupon was for, MSRP price drops that caught BBY off guard) that might not be consistently replicable? Even if they came out with a monster 5 coupon issue again, could I really be comfortable about hitting more than 15 coupons in a year given recent events? The answer for me is unfortunately no.

Edited by phoenixlau, 09 January 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#83 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

doesnt it take spending like $2500 every year to be silver?

AFAIK, loading giftcard credit onto a pitch-in card also counts towards the $2,500.

And various promotions will enable it instantly. The recent smartphone 2-year plan activation a few months ago was one of these, maybe they'll do something similar again.

Edit: on-topic, $15 for Prototype 2 is low enough for me to go out and pick up a copy as soon as my digital coupons arrive. Seeing Tiger Woods 13 in the group again is pretty disappointing. I will only consider that one if it's $10 or less total.

#84 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

memebership ran out and they never sent me anything to renew so Fuck you best buy lol
WOOOO I STINK

#85 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm really disappointed to see repeat coupons. If Prototype 2 hits $5-10 this time, I'll be ok with it, though.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Vita)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Xbox 360)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#86 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I never got my Welcome Packet for renewing either. I posted on the official Best Buy forums about it and was really amazed that I was sent a $60 gift card as an apology. Might want to post about it there and see what happens.

So what can I get if I didn't a First or second one

#87 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah same thing here. I was thinking maybe I should post on the best buy forums.

#88 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

yes it does

#89 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Embarrassing set of coupons

If Best Buy pulls their recent shenanigans of having no sales to stack with this garbage this is just despicable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Gamestop's Powerup Rewards coupons for January are way better than these. Wait a minute...

Edited by roundhouse, 09 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

tl