Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#91 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

man wtf, I hope their renewal rates are impacted enough for them to get with the program.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#92 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'd bite on the collector's editions for Prototype 2, SC5, and FFXIII-2, but not vanilla. Pretty sure the BB I used to work at still has every one of these in stock... maybe I can nag something out of them.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#93 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Glad I only paid about 4 bucks for this subscription. Have only used 2 coupons, tiger and kingdoms of amalur.

#94 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

By the time I got my welcome packet back in novemeber, it was going to expire in a week and they were currently having a buy 2 get one sale. I made a post about it and they are sending me a 50 dollar gift card.

Its worth it to post in their forums.

#95 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

The $15 investment is worth it to have bathroom reading material. The coupons and 10% extra trade in are a bonus. On a serious note I got several GOOD games this past year for 5-10 bucks like Mass Effect 2/3, bulletstorm, batman etc. As long as anyone was a member early last year you should have had a worthwhile year. I feel bad for the people who signed up after Mass Effect 3.

#96 billymayshere

billymayshere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

It was worth it for me to get the buy 2 new games and get 1 new game ($40 and under) free. I picked up Walking Dead collection for free on 360. Haven't used any other coupons though...

#97 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Poop on a stick

#98 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

best buy needs to step their game up again. I am expecting some better coupons though around march to get people to resub for a year. Will still probably resub just for the pre order bonuses.

#99 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Anyone else notice how many are dupes? Talk about lame!

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#100 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Great way to start the year BBY....repeat deals for the same or HIGHER than previous post-coupon prices?!

Way to fucking go.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#101 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

SCV for $10? Yea..nabbing that
Posted Image

#102 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I thought the last tiger woods coupon was for tiger woods 12, not 13. I could be wrong tho. I think it's cheaper this time around tho so I might get it. If prototype 2 is cheap also I might pick that up. My sub is up in the middle of march I think. Should I renew before then or after? I want the welcome pack coupon to pick up a few vita games I've been passing on. I guess if I wait till after I can go in April and grab the new mag off the shelf and get it for free.
Has anybody used the PS move on tiger woods 13? Is it any good?

#103 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

i just picked up a scv collectors edition for 360 so i can do a return/rebuy with it when the coupons arive in the mail. i would rather have a ps3 version though so if anyone here has a bestbuy with a ps3 version please pm me, thanks :)
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#104 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

ew, I still have an unopened SCV from last march, bought and traded in FF13-2 back in march also.

Looks like I'm getting prototype 2 finally though

#105 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Me, too. My subsription is 1/2 over, and I've only used 2 coupons on Kingdom of Amalur and Mass Effect 3. Haven't used a coupon for the last 3-4 issues. There is no way I'm going to renew my subscription.

Glad I only paid about 4 bucks for this subscription. Have only used 2 coupons, tiger and kingdoms of amalur.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#106 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Soul Calibur hardcover guide is $5 @ GS even cheaer with 50% deal

http://www.gamestop....egy-guide/98902

#107 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

The July/August issue will be overlap also. We only get 10 issues per year and 2 of them are overlap.

It's weird when they have coupons that go mid month this issue will cover 2 months of the 12 so it would only be 9 issues left right? Unless they're going to follow my idea regarding the special sponsered mags.

You arent preordering anything? Its easy money for me cause im silver. Like a Halo 4, sold and made 45 on ebay, plus 20 in reward certs, PMed to 40, sold DLC for 30. Easy 20 bucks off the game plus DLC money

I don't even have a 360 sold halo for $50 tax free, pm'd it to $40 & got the $20 credit. $90 for a game I didn't even want. Even if a person doesn't want any of the games it makes sense to do each one just to build cash/credit for stuff u do want.

#108 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I don't even have a 360 sold halo for $50 tax free, pm'd it to $40 & got the $20 credit. $90 for a game I didn't even want. Even if a person doesn't want any of the games it makes sense to do each one just to build cash/credit for stuff u do want.

Don't you mean $30 (or $26-27 after factoring in tax), instead of $90? Or am I missing something?

#109 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Don't you mean $30 (or $26-27 after factoring in tax), instead of $90? Or am I missing something?

$20 + tax back via pm
$20 RZ credit
$50 cash
$90 total not $90 profit sorry bout that

#110 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I priced matched Prototype 2 for $17 at Walmart last month and got Prototype 1 with it. I am not doing to renew this year after the horrible service I have had. I will put my rant in my signature later today so you know what happened. I mean SC5 for $10 isnt bad but driving 100 miles round trip kills it.

#111 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Me, too. My subsription is 1/2 over, and I've only used 2 coupons on Kingdom of Amalur and Mass Effect 3. Haven't used a coupon for the last 3-4 issues. There is no way I'm going to renew my subscription.

So, you spent $15, and saved $40. Yeah, resubbing wouldn't save you money at all.

#112 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

So, you spent $15, and saved $40. Yeah, resubbing wouldn't save you money at all.

I think some subscribers take the "Save $XXX in this issue!" located on the cover of each magazine way too literally.

#113 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Should I buy PT2 now and return/rebuy when the coupons come in? I missed out on Amular, and don't want to get burned again.

#114 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Should I buy PT2 now and return/rebuy when the coupons come in? I missed out on Amular, and don't want to get burned again.

well, if you do not want to take any chances on missing out, then you should

#115 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hmmm think this will work on the SCV CE?
Posted Image

#116 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Every consumer is going to expect a different return on their initial purchase of the subscription, making the appearance of value subjective.

Best Buy has 8 coupons per magazine. That's casting a wide enough net that there should be at least one coupon in every magazine that everyone can use, with really little effort on their part. If they can't do that with eight coupons, I have little hope if they did have more coupons it would even be worth it. I'm thinking it would be more cost efficient to them at this point to get rid of the magazine altogether, and offer continuing promos like the 20 dollar RZ certs and other stuff like that for members, because that's where the meat really is.

Saves them the money from printing a magazine, having people write for it, etc. Shit, if they really wanted those coupons, just tie the deals to the RZ number and do it like that, why not right. I just don't think the magazine, physical or digital, is really offering people much incentive lately next to other benefits of the subscription.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#117 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Every consumer is going to expect a different return on their initial purchase of the subscription, making the appearance of value subjective.

Best Buy has 8 coupons per magazine. That's casting a wide enough net that there should be at least one coupon in every magazine that everyone can use, with really little effort on their part. If they can't do that with eight coupons, I have little hope if they did have more coupons it would even be worth it. I'm thinking it would be more cost efficient to them at this point to get rid of the magazine altogether, and offer continuing promos like the 20 dollar RZ certs and other stuff like that for members, because that's where the meat really is.

Saves them the money from printing a magazine, having people write for it, etc. Shit, if they really wanted those coupons, just tie the deals to the RZ number and do it like that, why not right. I just don't think the magazine, physical or digital, is really offering people much incentive lately next to other benefits of the subscription.

From my own viewpoint and wants, I agree with you. However, for every savvy shopper on CAG (and especially this forum) there are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of shoppers who subscribe to the magazine/service or see it in-store and think these coupons are very valuable. Believe it or not, there are even people who like the articles in the magazine (I find them pretty meh, but ok for emergency bathroom perusal). Some of it may be ignorance. Some of it may be laziness. And some of it is that some people are not crazy enough to spend hours in forums about video game deals and don't mind getting an ok deal instead of a great deal. I don't know how valuable the magazine is from a marketing/sales standpoint for Best Buy, but it is probably worth more to them than most people here would think.

PS- I am one of those people who are crazy enough to spend hours in forums about video game deals, so I was not using that as an insult.

#118 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hey, pretty sure most of us are! I still think though, with 8 coupons a month, with some of us going months without using any, that's not right. Hell, give 15 bucks off a new 60 dollar game. Give double rz points. Give 25 percent off any accessory. It ain't that hard, right? Or is that entitlement or expectations too high?

#119 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

They really should have a voting system were people vote for what 8 coupons they want to see in the next months magazine

#120 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Another bad month for coupons. Can't complain though with that $20 RZ cert program still running.