Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#121 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

The coupons don't matter, for what, how much, etc. All everyone wants here is $10-$15 games after coupons. That's the only disconnect and whining cause yes it's a gret value in every sense for what you get but if a mag doesn't promise a $10 game they whine.

I have a $40/year Sam's club membership and their coupon magazine stinks and it doesn't even have articles!

#122 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Another bad month for coupons. Can't complain though with that $20 RZ cert program still running.

Yup. I'm typically not one to complain about the coupons, since I got so many great deals with them through at least the first half of 2012, and the $20 RZ preorder deal is great.

This coming coupon set just seems like a waste though, considering how cheap most of these could be purchased recently.

#123 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Tagged for possible sale.

#124 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I have a $40/year Sam's club membership and their coupon magazine stinks and it doesn't even have articles!

Isnt Sam's club the store that charges you to talk in the door?

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#125 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Isnt Sam's club the store that charges you to talk in the door?

Talking in the door isn't easy.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#126 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Your sig always makes me laugh. Was that really a post on this site? I've never seen the user before.

#127 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

oh yeah. just click the right arrow after his name.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#128 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Talking in the door isn't easy.

I believe Nightcrawler may possess this rare mutant ability. It is known to completely confuse many.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#129 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Why doesn't anyone ever complain about Gamestop's Powerup Rewards monthly coupons? Oh that's right, they have none. The only thing of value they give you is the extra 10% on trade ins/ off purchases.

Best Buy gives the 10%, welcome coupons, monthly coupons, access to RZ deals, physical magazine, and the amazing $20 gift card deal w/ preorders.

#130 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm positive it doesn't cost them all that much to print the magazine. Magazines are all about how many subscribers you have, because the more subscribers you have, the more $$$ you get from companies for advertisements in your magazine. That's why Maxim was free for all those years (probably still is, I haven't gotten it in years). It's all about number inflation.

#131 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm positive it doesn't cost them all that much to print the magazine. Magazines are all about how many subscribers you have, because the more subscribers you have, the more $$$ you get from companies for advertisements in your magazine. That's why Maxim was free for all those years (probably still is, I haven't gotten it in years). It's all about number inflation.

Judging by the high number of magazines that have gone out of print in recent years, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

#132 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

A lot of magazines keep sending me free mags although I told them to stop -_-

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#133 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Judging by the high number of magazines that have gone out of print in recent years, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

You're welcome to disagree. Doesn't change the fact that advertising pays for a decent chunk of it.

A lot of magazines keep sending me free mags although I told them to stop -_-

I guess you don't agree with me anymore? Nice edit, lol.

#134 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I guess you don't agree with me anymore? Nice edit, lol.

Well, I'm not in the business. With the lack of sufficient reasoning, I can only state my observation after I gave it a second thought. I still tend to think it doesn't cost them much to print the magazines, especially they are just a minor side branch of a large, albeit failing company. It's basically like a catalogue of sorts for BestBuy, so it's not hoping to make large profits by magazine sales, unlike those magazine companies that went out of business.

And although CAGs are savvy shoppers, i believe there a still a much bigger population that would be influenced by the ads in the magazine, provided that they read it. So I would assume the companies that advertise on the mag are still willing to cough up the money.

So although I still agree with you, can't say my words carry any weight since I have no idea about magazine operations.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#135 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I can't say I agree or not, since I'm not in the business. With the lack of sufficient reasoning, I can only state my observation after I gave it a second thought. I still tend to think it doesn't cost them much to print the magazines, especially they are just a minor side branch of a large, albeit failing company.

And although CAGs are savvy shoppers, i believe there a still a much bigger population that would be influenced by the ads in the magazine, provided that they read it. So I would assume the companies that advertise on the mag are still willing cough up the money.

So although I still agree with you, can't say my words carry any weight since I have no idea about magazine operations.

I don't want to turn the course of this thread off topic but this article pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say: right hurr

Nobody cares if you read the magazine, just that you're a subscriber. Just another cog in the machine that brings advertisers to their magazine.

#136 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

^Hmm, I guess since advertising companies cannot know if people read the magazine or not, it can only base their decisions on the number of subscribers, and pray that you don't just throw away the magazine after you rip out the coupons. In any event, nice short article for my education :lol:

Now, on topic, I got my mag today.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#137 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

^Hmm, I guess since advertising companies cannot know if people read the magazine or not, it can only base their decisions on the number of subscribers, and pray that you don't just throw away the magazine after you rip out the coupons. In any event, nice short article for my education :lol:

Now, on topic, I got my mag today.

@Gamer is great material to read on the crapper. Other than that, it doesn't have much use for me.

I wonder if all same size ads cost the same or do ads in certain parts of the magazine cost more than others?

#138 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

@Gamer is great material to read on the crapper. Other than that, it doesn't have much use for me.

I wonder if all same size ads cost the same or do ads in certain parts of the magazine cost more than others?

They do... and the difference can be a lot if the user base is big enough.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#139 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Is it the 12th or the 13th? The title / OP say 2 different things. I'm assuming it's the 13th.
Spoiler

#140 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I wont be renewing my subscription. I haven't used these coupons in 6 months, Their sales have been garbage as of late.

#141 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Do these coupons usually work with limited editions? Last time I went to BB they had tons of the Prototype 2 LEs.

#142 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

I'm invested through 9/13, so I've got time to evaluate.

I did use the Toy Story coupon to knock the game down to $10. That was my price point.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#143 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I don't want to turn the course of this thread off topic but this article pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say: right hurr

Nobody cares if you read the magazine, just that you're a subscriber. Just another cog in the machine that brings advertisers to their magazine.

There's juuuuuust a bit of bias to that article.

Ees7Y.jpg

#144 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Do these coupons usually work with limited editions? Last time I went to BB they had tons of the Prototype 2 LEs.

Negative. There's a specific item SKU on the coupon that will correspond to the respective game and/or format. Most LE versions have a different SKU assigned to them.

My Digital GAMES and DLC Lowball Sale is NOW CLOSED.  Sweet deals gone...girl.

animePSP2.jpg

#145 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Negative. There's a specific item SKU on the coupon that will correspond to the respective game and/or format. Most LE versions have a different SKU assigned to them.

This is true, but sometimes the coupons have the SKU's for both the standard and the limited edition. The last time there was a prototype 2 coupon, it worked with the LE (without any need for override or anything). However, it's not always the case - you needed an override to get the Bf3 Premium edition when there was a coupon for the base game.

Workin on it

#146 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

i love the irrational best buy GCU coupon hate. oh noez not every month is like the insane march or april last year where we all got way more than our moneys worth so thats it im not going to renew because **** best buy for not having black friday style sales every day of the year.

as for me? this magazine paid for itself in one month

#147 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Is it the 12th or the 13th? The title / OP say 2 different things. I'm assuming it's the 13th.

Corrected the typo

#148 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'd like to see BB increase the total # of coupons to 16-20 monthly.
3-4 for PS3/X360/Wii
3-4 for PS Vita
3-4 for 3DS
3-4 for WiiU
3-4 for used games, accessories & "other" gaming related items
With such a larger coupon base there's more things that can go on sale & more gamers can be included monthly.

edit:PC gamers need coupon love too.
I'll get something posted up on the forums page for u guys to post feedback on.

#149 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I remember before I signed up for @Gamer they had amazing deals... but now after I sign up its all garbage... probably not gonna renew it.

#150 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I picked up Mario Party 9 for my son's birthday yesterday morning. I ended up paying $20+tax after coupon and RZ cert. I waited until the last possible moment hoping for a better deal but no luck. No complaints here, though.

In my case, I feel my subscription was paid off with the Amalur coupon. That was such a great deal for a game that I enjoy. I really need to go back and finish it up since I put it on hold for Borderlands 2.