Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#151 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

By the time I got my welcome packet back in novemeber, it was going to expire in a week and they were currently having a buy 2 get one sale. I made a post about it and they are sending me a 50 dollar gift card.

Its worth it to post in their forums.

what did you say and do u have the link

#152 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Not one but FOUR repeat games? They're not even trying anymore.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#153 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Not one but FOUR repeat games? They're not even trying anymore.

if it wasnt enuf who posted I would chalk this up as a mistake

#154 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Got my mag today. Coupons are as stated in the OP - disappointing.

At least the $20 RZ cert promo offsets the subscription price.

Edited by Dund3r, 11 January 2013 - 04:25 AM.

"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#155 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Best Buy is slowly destroying what they had going as far as game purchase incentives...

When they switched over to this format a year back they took away a lot of perks that were free anyways, like the 10 dollar RZ cert for 150 spent in games stuff on top of normal points and the 500 bonus points for EVERY preorder, even on top of the deals like 5 for 5000 points(Which ironically last year didnt require a "fee" to participate in)

Now after applying this fee to be in a "club" that gets you a worthless magazine and lame perks trying to push their Used game agenda(Which I think was a stupid decision on their part anyways) they are now dumbing down the few perks that were worth something like the coupons

Besides the people that scam BB's own stupid system by buying games cheap, playing them and then getting more than they paid by trading them in I fail to see how this is better than what was being offered for free a few years ago

No wonder their stock is plummeting, they are slowly annoying and running off the customer base they already had chasing after a customer base(Gamestops) that they will NEVER get

I never really liked Best Buy to begin with, A company that sees their customers as "devils" and sales as customers taking advatage of them is not a worthy enterprise to spend money in. The only reason I started shopping there exclusively is the fact Circuit City folded and for a time after that they truly acted like they turning a new leaf and trying to be more respectful of customers. But that is slowly fading away
Posted Image
Posted Image

#156 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Best Buy is slowly destroying what they had going as far as game purchase incentives...

When they switched over to this format a year back they took away a lot of perks that were free anyways, like the 10 dollar RZ cert for 150 spent in games stuff on top of normal points and the 500 bonus points for EVERY preorder, even on top of the deals like 5 for 5000 points(Which ironically last year didnt require a "fee" to participate in)

Now after applying this fee to be in a "club" that gets you a worthless magazine and lame perks trying to push their Used game agenda(Which I think was a stupid decision on their part anyways) they are now dumbing down the few perks that were worth something like the coupons

Besides the people that scam BB's own stupid system by buying games cheap, playing them and then getting more than they paid by trading them in I fail to see how this is better than what was being offered for free a few years ago

No wonder their stock is plummeting, they are slowly annoying and running off the customer base they already had chasing after a customer base(Gamestops) that they will NEVER get

I never really liked Best Buy to begin with, A company that sees their customers as "devils" and sales as customers taking advatage of them is not a worthy enterprise to spend money in. The only reason I started shopping there exclusively is the fact Circuit City folded and for a time after that they truly acted like they turning a new leaf and trying to be more respectful of customers. But that is slowly fading away

Spoiler

#157 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

In fairness though, the company is in chaos. The former CEO is apparently putting together a group to purchase the company, but only after he sees the holiday earnings report. I don't think Best Buy is going to be launching any major new initiatives until its financial situation is settled. I've been happy with the $20 certs for buying games I would have bought anyway and I like that it is very easy to turn those into Amazon credit with Kindle cards. I agree with you that the whole membership/magazine/coupon thing is a colossal waste of time and adds another layer of irritation for customers to deal with.

#158 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

are people still complaining about a bunch of coupons ? just stop already !!!!!! yes the last few issues have been dissapointing but at least with this one you should be able to get the scv and prototype 2 collectors editions for solid good prices. heck the vanilla editions for 10$ and 15$ respectivly is good (repeat coupons or not). bestbuy has given a ton and i mean a TON to us over the last two years or so. so everyone who is complaining should just shut up, play your huge backlogs and wait for the good deals to come in :D
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#159 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

are people still complaining about a bunch of coupons ? just stop already !!!!!! yes the last few issues have been dissapointing but at least with this one you should be able to get the scv and prototype 2 collectors editions for solid good prices. heck the vanilla editions for 10$ and 15$ respectivly is good (repeat coupons or not). bestbuy has given a ton and i mean a TON to us over the last two years or so. so everyone who is complaining should just shut up, play your huge backlogs and wait for the good deals to come in :D

Spoiler

#160 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Please take your common sense and reasonable thought process somewhere else and leave this @Gamer Complaint Box forum alone.

#161 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

U been here long enuf to know what's gonna happen, people will let the subs expire & then there will be 3-4 top tier to epic months & then we'll be back to the "I would get in on the deal but I don't wanna pay $5 for coupons that should be free."

Now I fully agree that the repeats are a pain since it's clear they wanna clear stock but obviously it would've made more sense to discount the games to $5-$10 with previous coupons & use a major title in each mag as the "draw" deal. We all know there will be a AC GOTY, Borderlands 2 GOTY, Sleeping dogs complete & so on. So based on BB's previous moves when we see a $20-$30 off coupon on any of these games followed by a MSRP drop(which is as good or better than a sale IMO) fully expect an announcement of the complete/GOTY shortly.

#162 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Voice YOUR OPINIONS regarding the @gamer coupon deals here DIRECT TO BESTBUY.
http://forums.bestbu...ne/idi-p/650023

If u like the idea or amendments posted by others on the ideax thread make sure u vote by clicking on the blue up arrow under the numbered vote counter next to the title.

FYI:Just saying "more coupons should be stacking with sale prices" most likely won't bring changes so try to expand on the presented ideas in the OP or flat out bring your own new ones to the table.

If u have suggestions of what perks should be added to the GCU Silver Tier you should post them here since it looks like BB could soon be implimenting this program
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Adding-a-quot-Silver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idc-p/642529#M1932

Edited by Enuf, 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#163 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Glad I only paid about 4 bucks for this subscription. Have only used 2 coupons, tiger and kingdoms of amalur.

For me, KoA and ME3. But I paid full price for the subscription.:cry:

#164 Cinderellaman108

Cinderellaman108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Agreed!!!!! Too many people bitching, less people gaming. Cmon people take a game from your backlog and start playing it. By the time you're done with your backlog, many of these games would cheap enough for you to purchase without a coupon.

#165 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

For those of us with digital subscriptions, have you been able to log in and view the Jan, 2013 issue?

#166 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

For me, KoA and ME3. But I paid full price for the subscription.:cry:

So you're somehow disappointed that a $15 sub saved you $40?

#167 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

For those of us with digital subscriptions, have you been able to log in and view the Jan, 2013 issue?

Nope. Haven't received the email with the coupons yet either.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#168 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I've never used a coupon with an vanilla version pictured on an LE item. Several stores still have the :ps3: Prototype 2 Blackwatch CE at $59.99. If the coupon is guaranteed to work, I might just pick it up and do a return/re-buy when I get the coupons..are we sure this always works for collectors editions?
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#169 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

So you're somehow disappointed that a $15 sub saved you $40?

Yes. I like coupons that I can actually use.;)

#170 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Did anyone get this issue yet

#171 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Got mine in the mail yesterday.
Posted Image

#172 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

If you preorder one game you get your money back right away so stop bitching. With the $20 RZ cert and 10% trade in/off used games it has saved me plenty of money. I just see the coupons as a bonus. I have used $10 off used coupon at least 3-4 times and gotten cheap games in KOA/ME3.

#173 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I got it yesterday.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#174 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I've never used a coupon with an vanilla version pictured on an LE item. Several stores still have the :ps3: Prototype 2 Blackwatch CE at $59.99. If the coupon is guaranteed to work, I might just pick it up and do a return/re-buy when I get the coupons..are we sure this always works for collectors editions?

I believe the Blackwatch CE is down to $39.99 at Best Buy. Though I have my doubts it will actually work with that version.

Edit: Nevermind, still $59.99. Though I do recall seeing it for $39.99 somewhere....

#175 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just got my right now:bouncy:.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#176 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hoping to get mine today so can pickup Prototype 2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#177 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Coupons suck, but the digital offers are getting better. I suspect they're offering the better deals as account-linked Reward Zone offers to prevent the copying and abuse we saw with last year's March coupons.

#178 Darkconda

Darkconda

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I've yet to get my digital copy yet wtf

#179 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hoping to get mine today so can pickup Prototype 2.

Just remember that the coupons aren't active until Sunday.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#180 revsmitty

revsmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, I got it yesterday.

Same, received it yesterday
Posted ImagePosted Image