Photo
- - - - -

Jan 13 @Gamer - $15(*$5*) Prototype 2, $10 SCV, $45 X360 Transforming Controller

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#181 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

All you white knights groveling at the altar of your almighty savior Best Buy need to get off your high horse

The value of this subscription is completely subjective. I say its not worth the 15 bucks a year. Best Buy says there is over 100 dollars worth of discounts in EVERY issue

A lot of people signed up and renewed after seeing the nice deals last spring and since then it has slowly degraded to nothing. I and others feel like weve been duped with the old bait and switch and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way, we have a right too just as you have a right to feel good about what benifits you feel you have recieved because of this fee based club setup

The only thing that was offered with 15 bucks a year beyond what was already being offered for free was this cheap magazine and worthless used game incentives. The coupons were the main incentive for the 15 dollar fee and it seems after a year or so of wiping out the old free gamers club, which ironically offered more incentives like a ten dollar RZ cert for every preorder and 150 dollars spent, Best Buy seems to be "changing" the rules again

I bet they are enthusiastic about a "silver" tier, they would love to add another fee based layer to dupe weak willed consumers into spending more money for subjective value

The only reason I fell for the scam is because Best Buy tied the 20 dollar RZ cert for preorder deal into the fee based part of GC, which again ironically was open to everybody and free last year. I was more than willing to walk in the store, grab one of the many worthless magazines that theyll throw in the garbage at the end of the month, rip out a coupon right there in the store and buy my discounted game
Posted Image
Posted Image

#182 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

get off your high horse

After you, mi'lady.

I was more than willing to walk in the store, grab one of the many worthless magazines that theyll throw in the garbage at the end of the month, rip out a coupon right there in the store and buy my discounted game

So you admit to theft? You're cool. :roll:

#183 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Anyone who buys major releases on launch day and doesn't have GCU is a fucking moron, end of story. Those certs alone more than cover the $15. The 100% extra RZ points are just icing on the cake even if you don't trade in games (which I almost never do). The coupons, both magazine and welcome package, have saved me at least $100 so far and I only signed up in September. Plus if you're silver or bought during the holidays the pricematching opportunities are insane.

Seriously, not that hard to figure out the benefits. If you got GCU just for the magazine coupons then you're completely missing the best discounts and perks.

uc.png

#184 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Besides the people that scam BB's own stupid system by buying games cheap, playing them and then getting more than they paid by trading them in I fail to see how this is better than what was being offered for free a few years ago

No wonder their stock is plummeting, they are slowly annoying and running off the customer base they already had chasing after a customer base(Gamestops) that they will NEVER get

I never really liked Best Buy to begin with, A company that sees their customers as "devils" and sales as customers taking advatage of them is not a worthy enterprise to spend money in. The only reason I started shopping there exclusively is the fact Circuit City folded and for a time after that they truly acted like they turning a new leaf and trying to be more respectful of customers. But that is slowly fading away

LOL, yeah poor bestbuy, what would they do without a customer like you

#185 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I agree the magazine isn't as good as it was before in regards to coupons, but come on, it is easily worth $15 no matter how you look at it.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#186 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I just wish the used coupon would go back to 10 off a 20 or more. I used every one of those back in the day.

#187 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Hey, just got my mag after singing up in early Nov. I might not use the coupons. Who cares? I've already made my $15 back on the BO2 pre-order. Looking good now for the new year.

#188 snipermike

snipermike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but the physical copy of the magazine will no longer be available and they will only be sending out digital copies. Emails to customers will be sent out soon explaining everything.

#189 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

The only reason I fell for the scam is because Best Buy tied the 20 dollar RZ cert for preorder deal into the fee based part of GC, which again ironically was open to everybody and free last year. I was more than willing to walk in the store, grab one of the many worthless magazines that theyll throw in the garbage at the end of the month, rip out a coupon right there in the store and buy my discounted game

He's right guys. Don't fall for any retail scams. Apparently you can get any item you want from any store by just taking it. Paying money for stuff is a scam. Stick it to the man!

I find it ironic that in the same post/paragraph as you are denigrating the magazine and its coupons, you also admit that it was valuable enough to steal a coupon from. You also infer that you did this on multiple occasions based on your wording.

#190 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but the physical copy of the magazine will no longer be available and they will only be sending out digital copies. Emails to customers will be sent out soon explaining everything.

Really? I know for sure I won't be renewing my card ever again....

#191 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

That would be fine with us. The magazines took too long to start up anyway.. they could email a digital link in a few days.

We spend about 15 minutes between us looking through the 2 month old "news" in the magazine, and then just yank the coupons we want, and toss them anyway.

#192 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Yeah, I really don't care if the magazine goes digital.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#193 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

More bait and switch, available at your friendly Best Buy

Im sure a lot of weak willed subordinates will love it though and defend them

Ask not what Best Buy can do for you, but what YOU can do for Best Buy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#194 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

You seem steamed that they shifted the good deals into account linked electronic offers, like the $20 rebates and the RZ offers. Maybe that wouldn't have happened if a-hats like you bought magazines instead of ripping out the coupons, redeeming them, and screwing both the retailer and other, legitimate customers?

For $15, I bought, played, sold and price adjusted over 10 launch games (converting all my trade ins back to cash, and profiting handsomely after selling/trading pre-order DLC and price matching), and its been waaaaaay smoother than the old 5/100 promo. Plus trade in bonus (over $100 there, just moving credit back and forth between BBY and GS during their B2G1's). Plus RZ offers on games I've wanted (MGS HD Collection, etc).

The killer coupons were icing on the cake, but they're really not the heart of the program. If they get rid of the preorder bonus or trade in bonus, the value proposition would be different.

If you think the current program is a bad deal, you're not using it right and should drop it. No shame in that. No need for long winded, off base rants either, though.

And who gives a rat's anus about the magazine? People read that garbage?

#195 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

That guy must have been fired by Best Buy to hate them so much.

The B2G1 free coupon made me $50 alone......after fees.

#196 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for self-identifying.

-----

I read the magazine on the crapper so I prefer it not go digital. When is this supposed to happen?

After you, mi'lady.

i loled

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#197 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

You seem steamed that they shifted the good deals into account linked electronic offers, like the $20 rebates and the RZ offers. Maybe that wouldn't have happened if a-hats like you bought magazines instead of ripping out the coupons, redeeming them, and screwing both the retailer and other, legitimate customers?

For $15, I bought, played, sold and price adjusted over 10 launch games (converting all my trade ins back to cash, and profiting handsomely after selling/trading pre-order DLC and price matching), and its been waaaaaay smoother than the old 5/100 promo. Plus trade in bonus (over $100 there, just moving credit back and forth between BBY and GS during their B2G1's). Plus RZ offers on games I've wanted (MGS HD Collection, etc).

The killer coupons were icing on the cake, but they're really not the heart of the program. If they get rid of the preorder bonus or trade in bonus, the value proposition would be different.

If you think the current program is a bad deal, you're not using it right and should drop it. No shame in that. No need for long winded, off base rants either, though.

And who gives a rat's anus about the magazine? People read that garbage?

+infinite

#198 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, but where did you hear this? Hopefully this means the coupons will be automatically linked with our accounts like the Reward Zone coupons.

#199 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, but where did you hear this? Hopefully this means the coupons will be automatically linked with our accounts like the Reward Zone coupons.

So u don't have to print the RZ coupons just give them your RZ card

#200 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

You know, if you don't like a place, no one forces you to shop there.

#201 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

If that is true I'll be formally requesting a refund for my membership. I just signed up two months ago.

#202 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Did anyone else not get their B2G1 free coupon for GCU. I've re-up my sub back in Oct and never got my welcome package via snail mail or email.

Is it still possible to have BBY send me my welcome package?

#203 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Why does it really matter if its physical or digital? You still get the coupons and honestly, would be much easier to use if they are digital.

#204 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Did anyone else not get their B2G1 free coupon for GCU. I've re-up my sub back in Oct and never got my welcome package via snail mail or email.

Is it still possible to have BBY send me my welcome package?

I would post that you havent gotten it on their forums. I did and they are sending me a 50 dollar gift card in place of my welcome packet.

#205 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I would post that you havent gotten it on their forums. I did and they are sending me a 50 dollar gift card in place of my welcome packet.

wow, that is better than the b2g1, in my opinion. I rather take the $50 gc than the welcome packet,lol

#206 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

why does it really matter if its physical or digital? You still get the coupons and honestly, would be much easier to use if they are digital.

because i want to read it on the mofo crapper.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#207 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

because i want to read it on the mofo crapper.

use the 100+ dollar savings and buy a cheap tablet!

#208 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

it's not the same feeling

#209 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

I have only one question...why haven't YOU voiced your opinion positive AND negative in the links provided? It's clear BB has been listening directly to CAG since outta the top 20 most voted on threads 9 have been posted on CAG, the top 6(9 outta the 1st 15) in fact several of which has caused direct change to the GC/GCU.

How much easier can it be to tell them what YOU WANT from the GC that you've spent YOUR hard earned money on. If you feel they need to add more value to the GCU to make it worth $15 for YOU TELL THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO ADD.

Here I am asking them for the world in perks
1- 60 pm w/o spending $2500(just $1k in gaming $84/month)
2- 20% off used games
3- 60%(12) more coupons
4- $30-$40 pre-order credits for SE/CE/LE that cost $100 & up
5- More steelboxes
6- Better DLC distribution method
7- Better DLC
8- More coupon packs
9- Coupons always available in-store
10- Online access for @gamer coupons
11- Expanding @gamer coupons/promos to PC gamers
12- Expanding @gamer coupons for hardware
13- More $20 pre-order games
14- Ability to make any title a $20 pre-order game(via welcome kit coupon)
15- Early/Extended access to sales for GCU members
16- Early/Extended access to black Friday game deals
17- Instant RZ points
18- Return of $10 for spending $150 on gaming items
19- 20% trade in bonus

Now are you telling me that if they added just half of these to the GCU or GCU silver that you still wouldn't be satisfied?

#210 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Should be cheaper then