Pokemon X and Y Announced!

• Please log in to reply
1139 replies to this topic

#31 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

I hope that at least one retailer does what a retailer seems to do with the release of every new pokemon game, and do buy one of those and get another 3ds game half off (so you could buy pokemon x and get y half off), cuz then I can buy it with a friend, and get a better deal.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#32 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I hope that at least one retailer does what a retailer seems to do with the release of every new pokemon game, and do buy one of those and get another 3ds game half off (so you could buy pokemon x and get y half off), cuz then I can buy it with a friend, and get a better deal.

I don't remember anyone doing that for Black and White 2. Hopefully we get something though. Although October and November are often known for
Spoiler

#33 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

The Version Mascot names have been revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal

Well....they're different.

#34 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I don't remember anyone doing that for Black and White 2. Hopefully we get something though. Although October and November are often known for

Spoiler

Well, no, but I was referring to main entries in the series, sorry.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#35 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Toys R Us usually has B2G1F in late October.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#36 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

The Version Mascot names have been revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal

Well....they're different.

Definitely. I'm just hoping they don't add a ton of legendaries this Gen. I don't know why the hell they have been doing that. The originals had five, G/S had 6, and then B/W had ten (or was it eleven?).

#37 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, and not to mention that you see previous legendaries in there (the regis, Latios/as, and so forth).
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#38 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Definitely. I'm just hoping they don't add a ton of legendaries this Gen. I don't know why the hell they have been doing that. The originals had five, G/S had 6, and then B/W had ten (or was it eleven?).

Gen I had Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Mew, and Mewtwo. 5 Legendaries.

Gen II had Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, and Celebi. 6 Legendaries.

Gen III had Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Latios, Latias, Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. 9 Legendaries.

Gen IV had Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Heatran, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, and Registeel. 11 Legendaries.

Gen V had Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Keldeo, Kyurem, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, and Genesect. 12 Legendaries.

There will definitely be another beast style Legendary for the 3rd version, some trio related to one another, a small and cute Pokemon, a powerful humanoid Legendary, and probably another 2 or 3 random Legendaries that will either have new forms later on or exist solely for WiFi distribution/Movie features. That puts the number to 10-11.

As long as they aren't repaints like the original Kami trio or useless like Heatran and Shaymin, I will be fine.

Edited by DNukem170, 09 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#39 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

You left out Latios and Latias for Gen III, I believe.
Posted Image

#40 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

You left out Latios and Latias for Gen III, I believe.

Thanks, added to above. I was doing everything from memory, so I was bound to forget some.

#41 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Totally skipped over B/W 2, but I'm generally excited for this. Am I the only one that wants a new game with only G1 Pokemon? I mean, the number is so high now that it's getting difficult for me to keep up. Plus there's that nostalgia factor for me when it comes to those original 151.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#42 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Totally skipped over B/W 2, but I'm generally excited for this. Am I the only one that wants a new game with only G1 Pokemon? I mean, the number is so high now that it's getting difficult for me to keep up. Plus there's that nostalgia factor for me when it comes to those original 151.

I know a handful outside the original 151, so I would be.

#43 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

The huge increase in legendary pokemon in the last few generations have been a huge turn-off from the series. They didn't even look that great. The last time I enjoyed them was probably Gen III

#44 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

The huge increase in legendary pokemon in the last few generations have been a huge turn-off from the series. They didn't even look that great. The last time I enjoyed them was probably Gen III

Gen IV had a ton of crappy Legendaries, but Gen V's were pretty good. The Tao trio continue the excellence of version mascots, the Kami trio are actually pretty good once you get past their looks, and Genesect is far more awesome than Deoxys. The Musketeer quartet are the most useful Elemental Trio set, especially Keldeo. And anybody who doesn't love Victini doesn't like awesome.

It also helps that these downloadable Legendaries (Victini, Keldeo, and Gene sect) start at Level 15, meaning one can actually raise one early.

#45 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

iwata-san... for the love of all mankind, please speak faster! the release on pokemon.com was slower than sitting in class on the last day of school.
gwensigol8.png

#46 200STM

200STM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Woo Hoo this rocks I can't wait to get this but um which one to get? I have XX chromosomes but Y looks awesome too ugh decisions decisions. Do you think this means there might be a wii u pokemon game/app coming soon as well? I really like playing pokemon when I am slightly drunk! /]

#47 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Do you think this means there might be a wii u pokemon game/app coming soon as well? I really like playing pokemon when I am slightly drunk! /]

There will probably be some kind of Pokemon Channel or My Pokemon Ranch-type game, but since we never got a Stadium-type game for Gen V, who knows.

#48 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Me too. Stopped after G/S (for GBC). I just couldn't get into anymore after that but (for some strange reason) I'm actually looking forward to this one. I'll probably end up with a party of only Gen I/II pokemon lol

#49 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I like to try out the new pokemon, so I have no problems with new pokemon, you don't have to memorize the names of all of them or anything like that.

IMO a legendary becomes less "legendary" when there are many of them to capture, when there was one or 2 legendary pokemon it felt really special when you finally captured it, however now its fairly mundane and just means you will have more longer battles to get through to get the legendary pokemon.

#50 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

IMO a legendary becomes less "legendary" when there are many of them to capture, when there was one or 2 legendary pokemon it felt really special when you finally captured it, however now its fairly mundane and just means you will have more longer battles to get through to get the legendary pokemon.

Actually, they changed the catch rates in Gen V so the Legendaries are far easier to catch. Caught Victini with a Great Ball (though to be fair, that was made much easier than normal) and only took 10 Ultra Balls to catch Kyurem.

We managed to get a Bug-type Legendary, a pure Flying-type Legendary, and an actual good Ice-type Legendary last Gen, so I am hoping for a Poison-type and a Ghost-type Legendary this time around. Also hoping for more unique type combinations like we got in$Unova.

#51 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

iwata-san... for the love of all mankind, please speak faster! the release on pokemon.com was slower than sitting in class on the last day of school.

To be fair the trip down memory lane was quite enjoyable :lol:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#52 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think the pinnacle of the series was Ruby & Sapphire for me, because I spent so much time playing those games, however this will be different for everyone and is basically based on nostalgia. Diamond and Pearl were really cool as well at the beginning BEFORE the GTS became filled with nothing but ridiculous trades.

#53 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Well I thought for every generation, each game improved quite a bit. I enjoyed emerald the most though.

image016.jpg

#54 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

You forgot Jirachi in Gen III. Registeel in Gen IV needs to be changed to Regigigas. Also forgot Cresselia, Manaphy, and Phione in Gen IV. Missing Meloetta in Gen V.

So, that actually puts Gen IV over Gen V when comparing number of legendary Pokemon. Gen IV really over did it with the whole "God" and "creation" concept.

#55 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Jesus fucking christ, some of these fan art conceptions of the evolutions of the new starters are fantastic.
Posted Image

#56 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ah, sorry about that. I knew I was forgetting some. It's difficult to remember them all considering there are 649 Pokemon. ._. I didn't even remember Cresselia at all. I wonder how many they are going to add this Gen. I'm hoping they focus on adding in normal Pokemon over so many Legendaries. Legendaries, for the most part, are considered Uber in the meta-game (at least by Smogon rules).

They also need to change up the game and make special attackers worth using again. Yes, they have their use, but look at the top teams from last years' WC. Almost all of the teams consisted of physical attackers. Garchomp is still beyond broken, though he does have his counters, if few.

Hopefully they buff poison Pokemon as well. For example: http://pokemondb.net/type/poison

Grass, fighting, poison and bug are not effective against them; ground and psychic are super-effective against them. That is a problem. So many Pokemon can learn ground moves now and with these users being some of the strongest at the moment... Yeah, they can easily be countered. The only poison types seen in competitive play are Scizor, Forretress, and maybe Heracross, depending on what type of team you're going for.

Anyway, it would be cool if they revisit some of the old Pokemon and give them evolutions and/or baby forms. I want to be able to level a Dusparce and know that it can be useful. :l

Edit: I haven't seen any fan art. Have any links to your favorites? :o

#57 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I don't bother with the meta game anymore but the fact that legendaries are not able to be used in competitive play definitely makes them less legendary. I basically have no one to play with locally and online everyone just hacks the perfect Pokemon so putting effort into raising an elite Pokemon seems very pointless. There aren't any local tournaments or anything like that. So now a legendary is basically there for bragging rights, aka oh look I caught It, but now everyone catches them so IMO its just another Pokemon. i remember it was really special when you caught one of the 3 roaming dogs, aka suicune, raikou or entei but now it's just not special at all.

I was thinking another reason for so many legendaries was for new players and to help them get through the game but most legendaries are available after you get through the main game.

#58 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ah, sorry about that. I knew I was forgetting some. It's difficult to remember them all considering there are 649 Pokemon. ._. I didn't even remember Cresselia at all. I wonder how many they are going to add this Gen. I'm hoping they focus on adding in normal Pokemon over so many Legendaries. Legendaries, for the most part, are considered Uber in the meta-game (at least by Smogon rules).

They also need to change up the game and make special attackers worth using again. Yes, they have their use, but look at the top teams from last years' WC. Almost all of the teams consisted of physical attackers. Garchomp is still beyond broken, though he does have his counters, if few.

Hopefully they buff poison Pokemon as well. For example: http://pokemondb.net/type/poison

Grass, fighting, poison and bug are not effective against them; ground and psychic are super-effective against them. That is a problem. So many Pokemon can learn ground moves now and with these users being some of the strongest at the moment... Yeah, they can easily be countered. The only poison types seen in competitive play are Scizor, Forretress, and maybe Heracross, depending on what type of team you're going for.

Anyway, it would be cool if they revisit some of the old Pokemon and give them evolutions and/or baby forms. I want to be able to level a Dusparce and know that it can be useful. :l

Edit: I haven't seen any fan art. Have any links to your favorites? :o

http://www.dorkly.co...emon-x-y-fanart
Posted Image

#59 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

i remember it was really special when you caught one of the 3 roaming dogs, aka suicune, raikou or entei but now it's just not special at all.

That's because people tend to save their Master Balls for them. And Cressalia is much easier to catch than Mesprit.

They added more roamers in Gen IV but kept it to just Tornadus/Thundurus in Gen V. Hopefully this Generation will be the first since Gen I not to have any roamers at all.

I also wonder if they will incorporate more Gen III Pokemon in the game since all the new DS systems have left the GBA behind. Kind of like how Colosseum had a ton of Johto Pokemon for Gen III.

#60 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

http://www.dorkly.co...emon-x-y-fanart

That's really cool, thanks for the link.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013