Pokemon X and Y Announced!

I was thinking the same exact thing. It looks really nice. I, like most of us, was expecting Hoenn remakes to come out first but I'm all ready for it!!!

Yep, looks like I'll be buying these. The battles and world both look sweet, the new starters don't really look that great IMO but it's still gonna be fun.

really? pokemon is for 12 year old boys and its still turn based? -_- i knew this was gonna happen, wheres my fukin Metroid 3ds game already?!!!!!

Hell yeah.

Finally a 3D pokemon game and the starters don't look half bad.

Great to see that they are releasing the game in the US at the same time as Japan.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']really? pokemon is for 12 year old boys and its still turn based? -_- [/QUOTE]

Gen V made gazillions of money. You don't mess with that too much.

May want to merge this thread with the one in General Gaming News

I'm interested in seeing what this Gen's Pokemon are going to look like. I personally disliked most of B/Ws Pokemon design. It doesn't help that only a few of them were good competitively. Either way, the starters don't look bad and it seems like they decided to change it up a bit. The battle animations look great.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Luxuria']I'm interested in seeing what this Gen's Pokemon are going to look like. I personally disliked most of B/Ws Pokemon design. It doesn't help that only a few of them were good competitively. Either way, the starters don't look back and it seems like they decided to change it up a bit. The battle animations look great.[/QUOTE]

I largely agree. Most of B/W Pokemon design's were horrid, but there were a few decent ones like Cobalion, Virizion, Serperior, Zoroark, and several others. So far, judging by the new starters, it's ever meh. Especially Froakie.

Didn't like them as much as Gen III, but I rather liked Gen V. Golurk, Galvantula, Eelectross, Zekrom, and Darmanitan were really cool. I will admit that several Pokemon had one limitation that crippled them (Hi there, Fossil Pokemon).

Good thing I picked up a $99 3DS at Sears over the weekend because these are the games I have been waiting for on the system!

I surprised that everyone is getting it simultaneously. Hopefully they show alot of gameplay at E3 that blows the world away.

C'mon Nintendo... it is so obvious that there should be 3 games - Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Z? They totally blew it.

[quote name='Javery']C'mon Nintendo... it is so obvious that there should be 3 games - Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Z? They totally blew it.[/QUOTE]

No, they're doing sequels now, so they'd by Pokémon XX and Pokémon YY.

[quote name='GHmanRON']I was thinking the same exact thing. It looks really nice. I, like most of us, was expecting Hoenn remakes to come out first but I'm all ready for it!!![/QUOTE]

I'm glad it's not. I always prefer new games to remakes.

This looks great though. I'm glad Pokemon is finally being updated.

[quote name='Javery']Guys, "z" represents the third dimension.[/QUOTE]

And the inevitable 3rd version. In 3D!

Pokemon 9D Confirmed.

but you might get this instead

pokemon_z_by_yachichan-d3924qv.jpg

I'm so conflicted. The game looks awesome, but dammit, I didnt want a new generation....

The last one was just horrible to me, hardly even memorable outside of a few Pokemon. Hoping for something more like the 2nd generation where they add new evolutions/pre-evolved forms for older Pokemon.

i'm am extremely excited. judging by the logos, i will be pre-ordering x, as it seems to have the deer-looking legendary.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm so conflicted. The game looks awesome, but dammit, I didnt want a new generation....

The last one was just horrible to me, hardly even memorable outside of a few Pokemon. Hoping for something more like the 2nd generation where they add new evolutions/pre-evolved forms for older Pokemon.[/QUOTE]See, I am the opposite. I hated Gen II and Gen IV because there weren't a lot of new Pokemon to experiment with. And most of said new Pokemon sucked horribly. When I start up a new game, I want to use exclusively new Pokemon until the postgame. Kinda hard to do that when the new Flying-type is beyond horrible and the only wild Fire-type is a Gen I Pokemon. I absolutely loved Black and White's "No old Pokemon until postgame" mechanic, though it seems that will be a one-time thing.

This might be the first even Generation I actually liked.

Man, I can't wait for October D:. This is the one series that I am willing to spend $40 on for 3DS, and its worth at least that :p

Yeah, Pokemon games are always worth the release day price, you get enough gameplay out of them to justify it, its hard to find deals on them too so you may as well just get it at launch. Also sometimes they offer exclusive Pokemon within a couple weeks of launch plus nice preorder items which makes it worthwhile to get them on launch day.

I hope that at least one retailer does what a retailer seems to do with the release of every new pokemon game, and do buy one of those and get another 3ds game half off (so you could buy pokemon x and get y half off), cuz then I can buy it with a friend, and get a better deal.

[quote name='Gden']I hope that at least one retailer does what a retailer seems to do with the release of every new pokemon game, and do buy one of those and get another 3ds game half off (so you could buy pokemon x and get y half off), cuz then I can buy it with a friend, and get a better deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anyone doing that for Black and White 2. Hopefully we get something though. Although October and November are often known for
buy 2 get 1 free:applause:

[quote name='Josh5890']I don't remember anyone doing that for Black and White 2. Hopefully we get something though. Although October and November are often known for
buy 2 get 1 free:applause:
[/QUOTE]

Well, no, but I was referring to main entries in the series, sorry.

[quote name='DNukem170']The Version Mascot names have been revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal

Well....they're different.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I'm just hoping they don't add a ton of legendaries this Gen. I don't know why the hell they have been doing that. The originals had five, G/S had 6, and then B/W had ten (or was it eleven?).

Yeah, and not to mention that you see previous legendaries in there (the regis, Latios/as, and so forth).

[quote name='Luxuria']Definitely. I'm just hoping they don't add a ton of legendaries this Gen. I don't know why the hell they have been doing that. The originals had five, G/S had 6, and then B/W had ten (or was it eleven?).[/QUOTE]
Gen I had Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Mew, and Mewtwo. 5 Legendaries.

Gen II had Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, and Celebi. 6 Legendaries.

Gen III had Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Latios, Latias, Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. 9 Legendaries.

Gen IV had Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Heatran, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, and Registeel. 11 Legendaries.

Gen V had Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Keldeo, Kyurem, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, and Genesect. 12 Legendaries.

There will definitely be another beast style Legendary for the 3rd version, some trio related to one another, a small and cute Pokemon, a powerful humanoid Legendary, and probably another 2 or 3 random Legendaries that will either have new forms later on or exist solely for WiFi distribution/Movie features. That puts the number to 10-11.

As long as they aren't repaints like the original Kami trio or useless like Heatran and Shaymin, I will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GhostShark']You left out Latios and Latias for Gen III, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, added to above. I was doing everything from memory, so I was bound to forget some.

Totally skipped over B/W 2, but I'm generally excited for this. Am I the only one that wants a new game with only G1 Pokemon? I mean, the number is so high now that it's getting difficult for me to keep up. Plus there's that nostalgia factor for me when it comes to those original 151.

[quote name='Mixer236']Totally skipped over B/W 2, but I'm generally excited for this. Am I the only one that wants a new game with only G1 Pokemon? I mean, the number is so high now that it's getting difficult for me to keep up. Plus there's that nostalgia factor for me when it comes to those original 151.[/QUOTE]

I know a handful outside the original 151, so I would be.

The huge increase in legendary pokemon in the last few generations have been a huge turn-off from the series. They didn't even look that great. The last time I enjoyed them was probably Gen III

[quote name='Yamato']The huge increase in legendary pokemon in the last few generations have been a huge turn-off from the series. They didn't even look that great. The last time I enjoyed them was probably Gen III[/QUOTE]Gen IV had a ton of crappy Legendaries, but Gen V's were pretty good. The Tao trio continue the excellence of version mascots, the Kami trio are actually pretty good once you get past their looks, and Genesect is far more awesome than Deoxys. The Musketeer quartet are the most useful Elemental Trio set, especially Keldeo. And anybody who doesn't love Victini doesn't like awesome.

It also helps that these downloadable Legendaries (Victini, Keldeo, and Gene sect) start at Level 15, meaning one can actually raise one early.

iwata-san... for the love of all mankind, please speak faster! the release on pokemon.com was slower than sitting in class on the last day of school.

Woo Hoo this rocks I can't wait to get this but um which one to get? I have XX chromosomes but Y looks awesome too ugh decisions decisions. Do you think this means there might be a wii u pokemon game/app coming soon as well? I really like playing pokemon when I am slightly drunk! /]

[quote name='200STM'] Do you think this means there might be a wii u pokemon game/app coming soon as well? I really like playing pokemon when I am slightly drunk! /][/QUOTE]There will probably be some kind of Pokemon Channel or My Pokemon Ranch-type game, but since we never got a Stadium-type game for Gen V, who knows.

[quote name='Mixer236']Totally skipped over B/W 2, but I'm generally excited for this. Am I the only one that wants a new game with only G1 Pokemon? I mean, the number is so high now that it's getting difficult for me to keep up. Plus there's that nostalgia factor for me when it comes to those original 151.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Stopped after G/S (for GBC). I just couldn't get into anymore after that but (for some strange reason) I'm actually looking forward to this one. I'll probably end up with a party of only Gen I/II pokemon lol

I like to try out the new pokemon, so I have no problems with new pokemon, you don't have to memorize the names of all of them or anything like that.

IMO a legendary becomes less "legendary" when there are many of them to capture, when there was one or 2 legendary pokemon it felt really special when you finally captured it, however now its fairly mundane and just means you will have more longer battles to get through to get the legendary pokemon.

bread's done
Back