Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Dishonored $39.99 w/ FSSS (360, PS3, PC)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ords=dishonored

Thanks Major Nelson via Twitter!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#2 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Good game, highly recommended.

Wonder how many people are going to pretend we have time machines and can go back to Black Friday when this was $25.

#3 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Wonder how many people are going to pretend we have time machines and can go back to Black Friday when this was $25.

Just wait. The worst has yet to come, lol.

#4 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I felt the same way with XCOM. $25 on BF and I have barely seen the price budge ever since. What a game.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#5 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ok, I'll do it. Yes I paid $25 for it on BF which I think is the right price point for this game. Just finished it yesterday and feel that it wasn't worth all the hype. The game felt a bit like Fable as far as art style goes. Story was good but playing it low profile meant that I was pretty much in crouch mode the whole game with Dark Vision turned on. Maybe if I went the high profile it would have been better?

#6 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Ok, I'll do it. Yes I paid $25 for it on BF which I think is the right price point for this game. Just finished it yesterday and feel that it wasn't worth all the hype. The game felt a bit like Fable as far as art style goes. Story was good but playing it low profile meant that I was pretty much in crouch mode the whole game with Dark Vision turned on. Maybe if I went the high profile it would have been better?

You really need to play it twice at least to fully appreciate what it is trying to do. I am not a fan though to tying good/bad endings to play style though. That is my only gripe.
Posted Image

#7 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I felt the same way with XCOM. $25 on BF and I have barely seen the price budge ever since. What a game.

Off topic, but i really regret not biting on the XCOM BF deal.

On topic, $40 for this game is still a good price.

#8 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Lol. I bought it at Walmart for $25 on BF but ended up taking it back because I knew I wouldn't have time for it. When it gets down in the $20 range again I think I'll buy it again. Same for Xcom.

#9 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I really want the game, but 30 is my sweet spot. Unfortunately funds were extremely tight during BF, so I couldn't take advantage of the 25 deal.

#10 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I've got about $40 in Amazon credit...man this is tempting.

#11 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow... can't remember the last time I saw so many CAGs get excited over a $40 price tag.

I'm not making fun, just saying. Can't justify getting it right now with my backlog, so I'll hold out for at least half this price.

#12 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Great game but it's hard to pay $40 when it was $25 on Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc and $30 new at Gamestop. Still, it's better than paying $60.

#13 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I dunno. That's a lot for a game that takes less than 20 hours to beat.