CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I just started and I get alot of calls

#2 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Are they calls asking for you by name?

Could just be calls for someone who had your new number previously.

I've never gotten many random calls on my Verizon cell phone over the 10 years or so I've had it. Pretty much all the telemarketer type calls are from places I've done business with and given my phone number too (Verizon themselves, cable company, and things of that nature).

#3 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

If you got a new number from them, it most likely belonged to somebody else. I've received bill collection calls for "Shawn Smith" and a call from one seriously pissed off chick after starting my service with them in 2007.

"I know you fucked her, Shawn!! Fucking asshole!!"
Uh, hello? This isn't Shawn. . .
"Oh shit, I'm sorry!!" And she hung up. Was the best thing to wake up to, ever. lol

I've also received random text messages from two different people, guessing they got the number wrong. I just go with it for a bit before letting them know I don't know who it is and that they have the wrong number.

"hey"
Yo, what's up?
"are you home?"
Yep, come on over. Brenda was just leaving after our last session.
"who the Fuck is Brenda?" lol

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#4 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

From whom?

It's more likely you entered your phone number online somewhere (think: contests and promos) and that company sold your number.

#5 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

words for the wise, Don't ever sign up to win a free car or iPad at those kiosk at the movie theaters and mall.

#6 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Are they calls asking for you by name?

Could just be calls for someone who had your new number previously.

I've never gotten many random calls on my Verizon cell phone over the 10 years or so I've had it. Pretty much all the telemarketer type calls are from places I've done business with and given my phone number too (Verizon themselves, cable company, and things of that nature).

1.Yes
2. i dont think so because they say mr. and then my first and last name
3.its not cell phone its my house phone

#7 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

From whom?

It's more likely you entered your phone number online somewhere (think: contests and promos) and that company sold your number.

it's in a different language

#8 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I don't know but whoever signed me up for daily bible quote text messages can Fuck right off.

#9 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Better question would be "What companies—don't—sell your information?"

#10 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

1.Yes
2. i dont think so because they say mr. and then my first and last name
3.its not cell phone its my house phone

https://www.donotcall.gov/

You probably did it to yourself but sign yourself up.

#11 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I don't know but whoever signed me up for daily bible quote text messages can Fuck right off.

God set them up.

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#12 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

https://www.donotcall.gov/

You probably did it to yourself but sign yourself up.

This.

But also, chase got it right. What company doesn't sell it's customer numbers to clients? To them, it's just another way to have more revenue. They don't give a damn if it interrupts your time as long as they make money off of it.