Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

A couple trailers:

Playstation blog post.

Original Corpse Party Thread

Edited by Kotomine, 15 January 2013 - 11:23 PM.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#2 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Day 1.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#3 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Day 1.

Same here, even though I still haven't played the original. I know I will dig it though and love to see the PSP still getting some support.

#4 k129980

k129980

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm getting this as soon as I can.

#5 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Same here, even though I still haven't played the original. I know I will dig it though and love to see the PSP still getting some support.

You really should play the original first. This is a direct sequel that spoils the entire 1st game.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#6 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Corpse Party: BoS out now on PSN. GO GO GO!

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#7 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'll buy this because I loved the first one...but not right away. I wouldn't play it immediately anyway.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#8 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I restarted the first game after leaving it unplayed with a save in chapter 4 for about 6 months. I'm now about to start chapter 5. I'm not sure if I'll want to dive into BoS right away, but I just purchased it with the notion that boosting first-week sales is the best way to help XSEED justify more localizations of games like this.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#9 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Kinda bored so far. Most of it is a rehash of the first one with point and click only gameplay.... It's almost entirely a visual novel. The thing is, you need to have played the first game to get what's going on. Hoping they reveal more insight as the game goes on.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#10 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Kinda bored so far. Most of it is a rehash of the first one with point and click only gameplay.... It's almost entirely a visual novel. The thing is, you need to have played the first game to get what's going on. Hoping they reveal more insight as the game goes on.

Are they just rehashing the same story? I saw some of the same characters from the first game in screenshots so I was kind of thinking they might be, but I hope it's an alternate story or something?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#11 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Are they just rehashing the same story? I saw some of the same characters from the first game in screenshots so I was kind of thinking they might be, but I hope it's an alternate story or something?

I think it may be an alternate telling of the 1st game but I am unsure about that.

Can't wait to buy this tomorrow, will give me something to play on Vita.

Also hopefully they will bring the 2nd game over as well.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#12 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Basically, there are 8 different chapters. Some of them are alternate retellings of the first game (same end result though), some are backstories. I'm on Chapter 4 so far so that's all I've seen. It is VERY visual novel-based this time. In some of the chapters there is no exploration at all and just answering a question one way or the other means you can either move forward or get a bad end. It really seems a lot more of a chore this time reading all the text instead of exploring. Even the chapters where you do get to explore are much more text heavy than the first.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#13 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Just beat it. I liked the scenarios and stories a lot, but there is just way too much text and not enough exploration. The Xseed guy who actually translated the game said it's about twice the text of the first, and I believe it. Still worth going through, but I like the first one more. Too much extraneous, boring text and many of the chapters have little to no exploration. Most of ways to get all of the endings are extremely obvious and are simple as answering a prompt one way or the other. It's not like in the first game where consequences of things you did or didn't do in the beginning of the chapter would bite you in the ass much later on. It's more like: Option 1: Continue with chapter or Option 2: Bad End. Kind of lazy IMO.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#14 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Just beat it. I liked the scenarios and stories a lot, but there is just way too much text and not enough exploration. The Xseed guy who actually translated the game said it's about twice the text of the first, and I believe it. Still worth going through, but I like the first one more. Too much extraneous, boring text and many of the chapters have little to no exploration. Most of ways to get all of the endings are extremely obvious and are simple as answering a prompt one way or the other. It's not like in the first game where consequences of things you did or didn't do in the beginning of the chapter would bite you in the ass much later on. It's more like: Option 1: Continue with chapter or Option 2: Bad End. Kind of lazy IMO.

At least the 2nd game looks like it will be similar to the 1st, hopefully it will get released soon.

#15 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

It was released earlier this week. o.o

#16 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

It was released earlier this week. o.o

I assume they're talking about Dead Patient, which isn't even out in Japan.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi