Photo
- - - - -

Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#301 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hopefully it isn't Shulk. Dunban or 7 please.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#302 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hopefully it isn't Shulk. Dunban or 7 please.

those three are realistically the ones with the best chance.

i doubt this game makes a smash bros appearance though

#303 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Doesn't appear like he's saying that at all to me. Looks like he's saying people want it because it's hard to get and rising in price while ignoring how good the game is while doing it.

I certainly wanted the game and was waiting for price drops. When the drops didn't materialize, I purchased it. I saw the writing on the wall so I didn't wait until the thing was damn near out of stock everywhere in the country to buy like people are doing now.

#304 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

those three are realistically the ones with the best chance.

i doubt this game makes a smash bros appearance though

Nintendo does own Monolith Soft and they've pretty much included every other character they own (plus some they don't) so I'd be willing to bet there's a good chance we see Xenoblade characters.

But I'm guessing it's more likely that you'll be able to fight using Miis.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#305 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

yes miis are likely i am sure...but i just dont see xenoblade characters getting thrown into the game. but i could be wrong. i never saw snake or sonic making it so who knows. i suppose it depends if this game gets popular enough on smash bros 4 boards or not and i havent visited those boards so i have no idea.

#306 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Value ranges from $20-$35 on eBay for it.

Oh wow, I had no idea. If any CAG is interested in it, let me know. Art books aren't really my thing and since a majority of the people posting in this thread is a Xenoblade fan, I figure it may be a good opportunity to see if a fellow Xenoblad fan was interested. Just PM me.

#307 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I sold mine a few weeks ago for $10 to a fellow CAG, I had it in my sock drawer since I picked up the game. It's increasing in value right now because the game is hot right now, you were lucky to get $20 for it before the game started getting hard to find.

If you really care about making money I suggest you hold on to it and sell it with a copy of the game.

#308 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

been trying to pick this game up forever but no gs has it instuck anywhere close near me. Ebay has it for 90+ ]= willing to buy it off someone for a reasonable price

#309 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

They just announced "Xenoblade 2" for WiiU at the Nintendo showing this morning, so expect demand to rise for this "rare" title.
Posted Image

#310 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

They just announced "Xenoblade 2" for WiiU at the Nintendo showing this morning, so expect demand to rise for this "rare" title.

It was not announced, basically hinted at. At the very least it will be a spiritual successor and will have me following it closely.

#311 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

It was not announced, basically hinted at. At the very least it will be a spiritual successor and will have me following it closely.

Wow, I honestly didn't think they would... I hope it is! Man, with Wind Waker HD and the possibility of another Xeno RPG, the Wii U is starting to sound tempting.

EDIT* Just saw the trailer. Awesome-ness.

Edited by Vinny, 24 January 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#312 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Called my local GS last week to see if they could get me a copy. Used most likely. I got a call yesterday that they got a copy from the next state over for me. A new copy. I couldn't believe it.

#313 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Called my local GS last week to see if they could get me a copy. Used most likely. I got a call yesterday that they got a copy from the next state over for me. A new copy. I couldn't believe it.

Hopefully it is not gutted, but I wouldn't hold my breath. So many people burned with "new" copies of this game from gamestop.

#314 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

what exactly does "gutted" mean?

#315 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

what exactly does "gutted" mean?

They open a new copy and place the disc in a drawer, but they leave the box on the floor for display which may cause it to be damaged or dirtied while on the floor. The disc stays "new" because it's been sitting in a drawer.
Posted Image

#316 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

They open a new copy and place the disc in a drawer, but they leave the box on the floor for display which may cause it to be damaged or dirtied while on the floor. The disc stays "new" because it's been sitting in a drawer.

Don't forgot employees can check out new copies if that is all they have left.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#317 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

I lucked out and was able to pick up a mint used copy from GameStop on Monday night. The clerk said that the game was traded in that morning. It was complete and the disc looked pristine! Using the 20% off coupon, I walked out the door with it for $35.99. I'm very lucky!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#318 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Unlucky for me, no stores around my area have this game available. Sigh....

So if anyone has a copy they can let go reasonably I'd be more than grateful!

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#319 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

damnit i'm trying to stop adding to my backlog.

#320 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

really was hoping that Monolith announcement was a new Baten Kaitos (even though I didn't finish the first game).

also I think the Xenoblade artbooks were going for around $30 when the game first came out, wonder if it'll ever hit there again in a year. makes me recall that the Blazeblue artbook (was it gs exclusive?) was selling for $100+

#321 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

I wasn't in a hurry to buy this since my local Gamestop has about 12 of them on display. I haven't liked a JRPG in awhile and I have a ridiculous backlog.

After seeing the reveal trailer for the sequel/spiritual successor/spin-off today I got pretty excited and decided it was time to pull the trigger. I called the local Gamestop up. They don't have it. They're just displaying a dozen empty boxes for some reason. Then I did my homework and found out how rare this thing is and how it's one of the best in the genre. Shit.

Luckily I've tracked down two new copies - one about 52 miles away and the other about 7 hours away - but ten minutes from my Dad.

I don't want to trust the online locator and I don't want to call ahead for fear an employee will snag it. Hopefully one of these will come through for me because I actually want to play this thing.

#322 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

I wasn't in a hurry to buy this since my local Gamestop has about 12 of them on display. I haven't liked a JRPG in awhile and I have a ridiculous backlog.

After seeing the reveal trailer for the sequel/spiritual successor/spin-off today I got pretty excited and decided it was time to pull the trigger. I called the local Gamestop up. They don't have it. They're just displaying a dozen empty boxes for some reason. Then I did my homework and found out how rare this thing is and how it's one of the best in the genre. Shit.

Luckily I've tracked down two new copies - one about 52 miles away and the other about 7 hours away - but ten minutes from my Dad.

I don't want to trust the online locator and I don't want to call ahead for fear an employee will snag it. Hopefully one of these will come through for me because I actually want to play this thing.

I think you're better off calling ahead. I found one copy in the morning via online locator and called to have someone hold it for me. When I went to pick it up, he said like 10 people called after me calling to see if it was available.

#323 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

GS will reprint this game b4 part 2 coming out on wii u. Possible drop down MSRP $29.99 to piss off Ebay pples ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#324 JasonMCG

JasonMCG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Found a mint complete copy on Half.com for $50! Yesssssss.

#325 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

I think you're better off calling ahead. I found one copy in the morning via online locator and called to have someone hold it for me. When I went to pick it up, he said like 10 people called after me calling to see if it was available.

This. Most GS employees don't suck. It's just the jerk-offs that ruin the rep of the others.

#326 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Xenoblade 2.... just died and went to heaven.
www.bighugenerd.com

#327 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

The mech part of the video looks pretty cool.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#328 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

GS will reprint this game b4 part 2 coming out on wii u. Possible drop down MSRP $29.99 to piss off Ebay pples ;)

Anything to piss off scalpers is a-ok in my book :)

#329 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Anything to piss off scalpers is a-ok in my book :)

This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?

#330 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?

I wanted this game from the beginning, but I didn't buy it BECAUSE it was a GS exclusive. I'm hoping for a Wii U remake or DL before the new game comes out, which judging by Nintendo and JRPGs in general could be a couple of years wait, so no rush.