Photo
- - - - -

Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#331 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?

I think lots of people (myself included) saw new copies just sitting around at GS for a while and assumed it would be available or cheaper down the line. I did happen to grab a copy for myself along the way but I was in no rush at the time.

I also wasn't aware of the Operation: Rainfall thing. I imagine other folks were in a similar spot.

#332 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I think lots of people (myself included) saw new copies just sitting around at GS for a while and assumed it would be available or cheaper down the line. I did happen to grab a copy for myself along the way but I was in no rush at the time.

I also wasn't aware of the Operation: Rainfall thing. I imagine other folks were in a similar spot.

You win some you lose some. I pre-ordered and paid full price. If you want good games like this made in the future, they have to see its worth the time to release it. I want more of these type of games release, so i put aside being a cheapass. This the same way I treat Fire Emblem, and Tales of games

#333 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

You win some you lose some. I pre-ordered and paid full price. If you want good games like this made in the future, they have to see its worth the time to release it. I want more of these type of games release, so i put aside being a cheapass. This the same way I treat Fire Emblem, and Tales of games

I have no problem paying full price for these types of games. I wasn't waiting for a price drop, I just have a backlog. That particular point was for others who've expressed that particular thought. Considering most games do fall in price over time it's sometimes hard to know which games need to be snatched up right away unless one is paying close attention.

I just got back into JRPGs recently so I'm getting back to speed on what stuff to get.

#334 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

GS will reprint this game b4 part 2 coming out on wii u. Possible drop down MSRP $29.99 to piss off Ebay pples ;)

Knowing Gamestop they'd be the ones ebaying their stock.

#335 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Knowing Gamestop they'd be the ones ebaying their stock.

Gamestop = Less evil than most people think.

#336 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'd be ok with a reprint. This game is amazing and everyone needs to play it. Pay high, pay low, I don't really care.
Posted Image

#337 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

This is one of the few games I paid retail on and if they want to reprint it to get it in more hands, by all means. It's an excellent game: I'm taking it slow and hitting pretty much all of the sidequests and am about halfway through at 50 hours.

SI

#338 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

This is one of the few games I paid retail on and if they want to reprint it to get it in more hands, by all means. It's an excellent game: I'm taking it slow and hitting pretty much all of the sidequests and am about halfway through at 50 hours.

SI

You have a ways left to go. I think I completed the game at either 120 or 130 hours.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#339 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

if you at all knew about this game and followed it even a little it would be next to impossible not hear about operation rainfall. also niche jrpgs tend to usually not go down from MSRP.

This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?

exactly if you at all remotely followed this game you knew it was going to be a low print and a gamestop exclusive. how dense does one have to be not to know this could end up rare and pricey.

I wanted this game from the beginning, but I didn't buy it BECAUSE it was a GS exclusive. I'm hoping for a Wii U remake or DL before the new game comes out, which judging by Nintendo and JRPGs in general could be a couple of years wait, so no rush.

your irrational hate for gamestop is the problem seriously can we all just stop riding the gamestop hate train???

#340 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

if you at all knew about this game and followed it even a little it would be next to impossible not hear about operation rainfall. also niche jrpgs tend to usually not go down from MSRP.

Then get ready for the impossible because I had no clue about O:R until months after I owned both XC & LS. None at all.

#341 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Niche RPGs almost always seem to drop in price, albeit at a much slower pace than other genres. In fact CAG has a thread dedicated to publishers that specialize in niche titles. Price only really become a factor for RPGs after they've been out of print for a while.

exactly if you at all remotely followed this game you knew it was going to be a low print and a gamestop exclusive.

You've got the most prolific console developer releasing an entry in well established series available exclusively through America's biggest game retailer. Perhaps some those factors would be enough to justify keeping the game in print for a while.

There's always a chance that Nintendo will print up another batch. They didn't do it with the Prime Trilogy but that did it for the Mario All-stars collection.

#342 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Then get ready for the impossible because I had no clue about O:R until months after I owned both XC & LS. None at all.

i suppose its POSSIBLE but seems very very unlikely considering theyve been plastered all over the place.

Niche RPGs almost always seem to drop in price, albeit at a much slower pace than other genres. In fact CAG has a thread dedicated to publishers that specialize in niche titles.

You've got the most prolific console developer releasing an entry in well established series available exclusively through America's biggest game retailer. Perhaps some those factors would be enough to justify keeping the game in print for a while.

There's always a chance that Nintendo will print up another batch. They didn't do it with the Prime Trilogy but that did it for the Mario All-stars collection.

it was well established this was a low printed game. granted it shouldn't of been but it is what it is.

Niche RPGS can drop in price yes. but that depends on the demand of this game. in this case this game is extremely good and has more demand than supply traditionally this does not equal drops in price. but i would wager a good number of niche titles do not drop in price as there is usually more demand than supply. lets also not forget the gamestop exclusive part of this game either that really does not help the chances of this thing lowering in price.

#343 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

i suppose its POSSIBLE but seems very very unlikely considering theyve been plastered all over the place.

I think you've vastly overrated the reach of a niche project. Comb through any of the big reviews for either game and there is zero mention of it, for example.

#344 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I think you've vastly overrated the reach of a niche project. Comb through any of the big reviews for either game and there is zero mention of it, for example.

I heard about The Last Story when it released in Europe. I didn't hear about O:R until maybe January 2012 - most likely due to sites spamming it as Xenoblade was due to be out in NA soon.

#345 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I called ahead, drove 52 miles one way and watched the clerk list it on eBay just as I arrived.

Seriously though, I got it. I called around 9am and they held
It for me all day. It's not sealed but that's fine - I intend to play it anyhow.

See you online for Xenoblade 2!

#346 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

I called ahead, drove 52 miles one way and watched the clerk list it on eBay just as I arrived.

Seriously though, I got it. I called around 9am and they held
It for me all day. It's not sealed but that's fine - I intend to play it anyhow.

See you online for Xenoblade 2!

I got caught up in all the hype in this thread, and it should be stated that Xenoblade 2 has NOT been announced. It's a game that looks similar-ish (yet actually quite different in terms of the menus etc), and is by the same dev. I'm awaiting confirmation it's actually Xenoblade 2.
www.bighugenerd.com

#347 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Given that every game Takahashi has worked on started with Xeno, it's new name is now Xenosomething
Posted Image

#348 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Preowned currently in stock

http://www.gamestop....exclusive/98535

Should last all of 1 minute before its purchased.

I ordered one a couple days ago.

#349 lumiplaty

lumiplaty

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Preowned currently in stock

http://www.gamestop....exclusive/98535

Should last all of 1 minute before its purchased.

I ordered one a couple days ago.

Gone :(

#350 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Currygan@Neogaf got it. I'll post in this thread again when another comes up.

#351 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Was at final confirmation screen when it was removed from cart :( Didn't even see thread update~ just decided to randomly check lol.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#352 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

I bet they'll reprint this. The sequal to this looks way too awesome and no way GS isn't going to want to print more since they were able to sell out at full price.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#353 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Has anyone even bought a sealed copy from gs recently? I don't like buying the new gutted copies every since a problem occured with me and the staff at my local gamestop.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#354 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

So. I just did the pickup at store thing for a used one.

I'm assuming this game is really good since the price enjoys going up yes?

#355 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

So. I just did the pickup at store thing for a used one.

I'm assuming this game is really good since the price enjoys going up yes?

Well, for some of us (myself included), it's the best RPG we've played in.... forever? It's my favorite game of last gen (Wii/PS3/360).
www.bighugenerd.com

#356 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

I don't mean this in a taunting or rubbing in way(I'm not that kind of person) but I can't believe more people didn't see this coming. I own 5 total copies(4 sealed) that I purchased way back months ago. As a one store exclusive, and a game that is both compatible with Wii and Wii U, and regarded as one of the best in the genre ever?

This was a slam dunk investment. I thought more people would be all over this. It was in stock at Gamestop.com for a loooong time. I believe it first went out of stock around September.

#357 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I was holding out for a pre owned copy to pick up tomorrow because its payday, but alas someone picked it up. Now there's no used within 100 miles :(

#358 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I don't mean this in a taunting or rubbing in way(I'm not that kind of person) but I can't believe more people didn't see this coming. I own 5 total copies(4 sealed) that I purchased way back months ago. As a one store exclusive, and a game that is both compatible with Wii and Wii U, and regarded as one of the best in the genre ever?

This was a slam dunk investment. I thought more people would be all over this. It was in stock at Gamestop.com for a loooong time. I believe it first went out of stock around September.

yea thats what i tried saying. granted i didn't buy 5 copies i only have one sealed one.

#359 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

picked one new one up today out of i think the only 2 copies available in Jersey, it was gutted but i dont care, i just want to play it after hearing all the good things about it!

#360 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Doesn't look like it, anymore

http://store.nintend...=0&bnSubmit.y=0
Posted Image