Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#541 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Fine, if you want to be technical it's 2 games... the original and the GU series.

Sorry, wasn't trying to come off as rude, just silly. The first game was really good, I was just a little irritated back then that the games were developed and released without much variety or improvements between them.
gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#542 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

It amazes me how people can go on about so many bad experiences with a single company. All it takes is one or two for me and I take my business elsewhere.

It makes sense for Gamestop to cut down on the number of stores they have, it's crazy to have multiple stores within less than a mile of each other. There's one here in the mall and one across the street in a shopping center and when I've been in them it's rarely busy so I'd think that cutting one and having less rent and employees to pay would make sense.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Pikmin 3, Super Mario World, F-Zero

#543 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

There used to be 2 GameStops and an EB-Games in my local mall. Needless to say, there is only one GameStop now.

#544 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

It amazes me how people can go on about so many bad experiences with a single company. All it takes is one or two for me and I take my business elsewhere.

It makes sense for Gamestop to cut down on the number of stores they have, it's crazy to have multiple stores within less than a mile of each other. There's one here in the mall and one across the street in a shopping center and when I've been in them it's rarely busy so I'd think that cutting one and having less rent and employees to pay would make sense.

My local town has several within a few blocks of each other. Strangely enough they all seem to have people inside every time I go to one. So, business can't be that bad for them. My favorite is the 2 in the same strip mall.

#545 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

There used to be 2 GS stores a Babbages in the Joliet, IL mall. Now there is one gamestop...and it's where the candy store originally was.

#546 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I've never really played ANY JRPGs, so could I get an opinion on how easy it is to get into?

Some of the more well known JRPG'S for PS2 are Dark cloud 1 & 2, Persona 3 (theres 2 versions of 3 odd enough) & 4, Xenosaga I II and III, and the .Hack's, I would reccomend them to ANYONE with a PS2, HECK while your at it, the PS1 games Digimon World 1 2 & 3 are fantastic as well! The best way to get into it is watch a few gameplay videos, see if you can get into it a little, if it looks fun then, pick it up, the great part is (minus digimon world) you can find the first game CIB for real cheap and easily. Most of them it's a $10 investment for the first one, so why not? (Persona 4 you can pick up new/sealed for about $20+)

#547 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Some of the more well known JRPG'S for PS2 are Dark cloud 1 & 2, Persona 3 (theres 2 versions of 3 odd enough) & 4, Xenosaga I II and III, and the .Hack's, I would reccomend them to ANYONE with a PS2, HECK while your at it, the PS1 games Digimon World 1 2 & 3 are fantastic as well! The best way to get into it is watch a few gameplay videos, see if you can get into it a little, if it looks fun then, pick it up, the great part is (minus digimon world) you can find the first game CIB for real cheap and easily. Most of them it's a $10 investment for the first one, so why not? (Persona 4 you can pick up new/sealed for about $20+)

I'm surprised you forgot Final Fantasy but I love all your choices. Digimon world is probably my favorite game just because it has so much meaning to me. I must have bought at least 4 copies since they keep getting scratched up. I wish they would release it on PSN as it isn't getting any cheaper.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#548 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Kingdom Hearts.

#549 amb6883

amb6883

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Shadow Hearts series

#550 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

If we're just naming PS2 jrpgs, then Suikoden for sure. That series is probably what I will miss the most. It was sort of like pokemon with humans.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#551 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

price is now $59.99 preowned!?!?!!!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#552 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

If we're just naming PS2 jrpgs, then Suikoden for sure. That series is probably what I will miss the most. It was sort of like pokemon with humans.

Nocturne :<

I remember searching forever for a decent copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 when it was going for like 60+ on ebay before the reprints.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#553 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Some of the most well known ones are....SNES.

#554 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

price is now $59.99 pwned!?!?!!!

Fixed..

#555 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm surprised you forgot Final Fantasy but I love all your choices. Digimon world is probably my favorite game just because it has so much meaning to me. I must have bought at least 4 copies since they keep getting scratched up. I wish they would release it on PSN as it isn't getting any cheaper.

Didn't forget, but who doesn't know final fantasy? Besides It's soo well known I didn't feel the need to push onto him, and I tryed to keep it to PS2 games (besides digimon world), and FF is mostly PS1.

#556 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Didn't forget, but who doesn't know final fantasy? Besides It's soo well known I didn't feel the need to push onto him, and I tryed to keep it to PS2 games (besides digimon world), and FF is mostly PS1.

Someone fairly new to Jrpgs could not know FF.

I was just going by what you said which was well known PS2 jrpgs which are X, XII. Not starting an argument, just saying.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#557 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

But yes those are ALL great JRPG's, the ones on SNES aren't that easy to start off with at this point, I find it's best to work back before you go retro.

#558 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Instock on Gamestop GL CAG

And gone.

2-3 minutes it was live.

#559 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Out of stock all ready haha

#560 247

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Managed to order one, Radiant Dawn also went back in stock.

#561 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Aaaand gone.

Let me know whenever "New" copies goes back in stock.

#562 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

They get new or used back in stock?

Well I guess that may be a loaded question, because I suspect a lot of the "new" copies will be used.

#563 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Managed to order one, Radiant Dawn also went back in stock.

Grats, glad someone from cag got it.

#564 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Holy cow, that was fast.

#565 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Games that sell for $100+ on ebay (for just the disc) sell pretty quick when they only put one copy up. I'll keep posting as I see them come in stock.

#566 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

This is weird, there seems to be two different sites:

Site 1: Out of Stock
Site 2: In Stock but still doesn't work.

#567 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

This is weird, there seems to be two different sites:

Site 1: Out of Stock
Site 2: In Stock but still doesn't work.

Both show out of stock for me. )-:

#568 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

God dammit, seriously, do you guys like wait there all day or what? :P

But I at least want Fire Emblem, I almost managed to get a copy for $35 from some stupid electronics store, but the incompetent Fuck at the cash register couldn't find the disc out of their thousands of sports games. I just wanna play Fire Emblem!

#569 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

I think I may just got the gamefly route to get Xenoblade since it's the same price now and less headache! A Gamestop near me has Fire Emblem I was debating on picking it up it's complete but the manual is pretty beat up, went to the store to pick up One piece Ultimate but it was disc only.

#570 Teeboner

Teeboner

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

It was in stock?!? Grr missed it.

EDIT - ...30 mins ago?...you mean the 30 minutes ago I when I went to my local Gamestop to check if they had it in stock? Bleh.