Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#31 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

90% of them went to flippers hoping to get new copies for profit.

#32 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

This is surprising. Just a month or two ago these every single store near me had this in stock. I bought one at the time. Now only a handful of the stores near me have these in stock. It really is selling out I guess. I wonder if they'll do a reprint?

#33 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

I purchased it from gamestop last time it came back in stock online and I received a sealed copy.

#34 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

90% of them went to flippers hoping to get new copies for profit.

Looks like that's the case as over 30 new listings on eBay just sprang up. Hopefully some more legit folks got in.

#35 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Looks like that's the case as over 30 new listings on eBay just sprang up. Hopefully some more legit folks got in.

Unless GS had a limit, it's unlikely.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#36 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

After seeing how fast this sold out I'm so glad I picked up a copy a few weeks ago. Haven't started yet but after I beat Last Story I can see myself really enjoying this game.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#37 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hm... maybe I should have bought a extra copy? I thought they were available near me (they were a week ago) but I guess not. I realized I only have the PAL version so if I ever want to play this on Wii U, I can't (unless the Wii U gets hacked).

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#38 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

This is surprising. Just a month or two ago these every single store near me had this in stock. I bought one at the time. Now only a handful of the stores near me have these in stock. It really is selling out I guess. I wonder if they'll do a reprint?

Doubt this will get a reprint but you never know.

#39 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I can't figure it either. I suppose it's been a steady seller. It has been showing up on retrospective lists. Not sure if it made any GOTY lists, but it is the best and newest Wii game, and a lot of people have been using their Wii U's backwards compatibility.

#40 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

For what it's worth, this was a good but way overhyped game.

Couldn't disagree more. This was the best RPG on any console last generation (XBOX 360/PS3/Wii).
www.bighugenerd.com

#41 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

I hope they all get gutted copies and they all get negatives for selling them as new. Not because I am anti-flip, but because I like watching carnage unfold.

(not that I'd be watching, but you get the premise)

#42 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

what do u guys say? is it worth the buy to re sell it on ebay? now don't attack me.. i dont have a job right now.. so any profit is good for me.

Probably not, but I can give you the numbers and let you decide for yourself:

The game will cost you about $53

eBay listing - FREE

Price for game with no artbook? Around $75 - $85

Estimated fees between eBay and Paypal - $15.75 - 17.85

Shipping is about $3-$5

So if it goes for let's say $80, right in the middle, you'll make...

80 - 53 = 27 - 16.80 (fees) = 10.20 - 4 (shipping) = 6.20

#43 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

eBay listing - FREE

Shipping is about $3-$5

With various fee calculators on the net, I am only getting $10.xx for ebay and paypal fees using BIN. Yeah, you still only make $12.xx but its better than the $6.

#44 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

eBay listing - FREE

Shipping is about $3-$5

Actually goes like this $80 - $53 - $9.82 fee - $1.98 = $15.2.
I always sell my game as soon as I finish them, so I know ebay and shipping pricing pretty well.

#45 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Actually goes like this $80 - $53 - $9.82 fee - $1.98 = $15.2.
I always sell my game as soon as I finish them, so I know ebay and shipping pricing pretty well.

Yeah, you're right... I was setting it at a 21% fee, which is my average when all is said and done, including shipping. It's about a 13% fee between eBay and Paypal though, and then a .30 transaction fee on top of the Paypal fee. I always end up paying closer to $3 to ship first class than $2, and spend another $1 on something to put it in.

My adjusted estimate is a profit of $12.50.

#46 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just a bit of caution: you guys getting them to flip are most likely going to be disappointed by gutted copies. They pulled this same BS a few months back when they were selling 'new' copies of Too Human for like $5.99. Out of the handful I got, only 1 even had a microsoft security seal; none had plastic wrap, nor even the crappy, circular GS 'new' sticker on them.

#47 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, you're right... I was setting it at a 21% fee, which is my average when all is said and done, including shipping. It's about a 13% fee between eBay and Paypal though, and then a .30 transaction fee on top of the Paypal fee. I always end up paying closer to $3 to ship first class than $2, and spend another $1 on something to put it in.

My adjusted estimate is a profit of $12.50.

I absolutely hate paying full price for games so I'm glad the value of this is headed up so I can recover my money. I don't care about making a profit I just want my $50 back after playing it. I'll have to move it to the top of my backlog so it's what I play next (whenever I finish skyrim). Id like to play and sell it before a reprint. Of course there may not be one since its a last gen game now but you never know.

#48 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Enjoy your reseals!

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#49 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Just a bit of caution: you guys getting them to flip are most likely going to be disappointed by gutted copies. They pulled this same BS a few months back when they were selling 'new' copies of Too Human for like $5.99. Out of the handful I got, only 1 even had a microsoft security seal; none had plastic wrap, nor even the crappy, circular GS 'new' sticker on them.

it really doesn't matter. used copies go for $100 anyway.

#50 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yes, please hoard all the copies for resale. Spike up the market for this title.
Posted Image

#51 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hopefully an HD remake for Wii U instead

#52 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Couldn't disagree more. This was the best RPG on any console last generation (XBOX 360/PS3/Wii).

Since I still prefer the classic turn-based JRPG I have to give my vote to Lsot Odyssey.

#53 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I am not sure but I think all New copies might have been converted to used, I put in about 20 different Zip Codes and shows the exact same stores for New and Used copies for all of them. That or Gamestop's locator is broken.

EDIT: Nevermind, must just be a coincidence I found ONE store that has a Used copy but not listed as New. Maybe they're shipping copies to bigger non-mall stores?

#54 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hopefully an HD remake for Wii U instead

Already done on Dolphin bro
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#55 Crimson Mist

Crimson Mist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Damn! None of the GameStops in my local area and work place have it in stock. :(

#56 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I bought this a few weeks ago at one of my local Gamestops. A handful of them around me had NEW copies, but only one had more than one. Since Gamestop almost always guts the last copy, I went to the one that had more, and all THREE copies were gutted. He was really cool and called around to the only other Gamestop we could find within a 200 mile radius that had more than one copy of the game, and they did have one that was still sealed. He had it shipped to the store for me.

The game itself is only semi-rare, but finding one sealed is pretty hard to do these days, hence the prices.

#57 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Picked one of these up at GS a while ago, it was a "gutted" "new" copy. Was only a little upset about it, as I was planning on opening it anyway.

#58 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

my copy of too human came in excellent conditions.

Posted Image

#59 deathsaber

deathsaber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Is this dead?

Not availalbe online, no local stores have it.

I'm kicking myself, had a launch copy, wound up selling it for a few months later for much less than $50 at the time I sold my Wii, didn't think much of it, it was widely available at the time at stores, gamestop was even selling ample used copies online.

Now i have a Wii U and look this up to possibly rebuy, its out of stock everywhere and like $90 a copy on Ebay! I really hope some more stock of this is made- I think there is enough demand to warrant it given the crazy ebay prices.

#60 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

What? I haven't sold anything on ebay in years, but when did prices go that high? They never used to be anywhere near that high.