Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#571 Robotuner

Robotuner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Aww man I check everyday to see if there is any in stock, can't believe I missed it. Also the pre-owned copy that was somewhat close by sold the other day. I was just hoping it would stay there until my day off. Seems like I chose a bad time to want this game haha.
Posted Image

#572 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Oh my God. If there's this much demand for the game, why aren't there a ton of new copies being printed every day? Here's a crazy thought, the yearly Call of Duty games would escalate to crazy prices too if they weren't readily available everywhere and absolutely effortless to find. JRPGs aren't niche anymore by any means, what's the deal with making them in such tiny quantities?

At least The Last Story can be had for not too much money and it's of absolutely superb quality.

Edited by ohnoitschris, 07 February 2013 - 03:20 AM.
and yes i am butthurt that i never bought this game

#573 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Oh my God. If there's this much demand for the game, why aren't there a ton of new copies being printed every day?

Because Nintendon't

#574 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Because Nintendon't

Perfect response

#575 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

GS has new copy 28 miles away from me for $49.99. I don't see what the big hype is about this game

#576 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

GS has new copy 28 miles away from me for $49.99. I don't see what the big hype is about this game

Gamestop has a used copy 50 miles away. Gamestop has a new copy 80 miles away. Niether store actually has the game though.

#577 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Oh my God. If there's this much demand for the game, why aren't there a ton of new copies being printed every day? Here's a crazy thought, the yearly Call of Duty games would escalate to crazy prices too if they weren't readily available everywhere and absolutely effortless to find. JRPGs aren't niche anymore by any means, what's the deal with making them in such tiny quantities?

At least The Last Story can be had for not too much money and it's of absolutely superb quality.

Because GS makes more money selling used games. People actually want to keep RPGs instead of FPS where most people trade it in once they are done.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#578 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

JRPGs aren't niche anymore by any means, what's the deal with making them in such tiny quantities?

JRPGs are absolutely still niche in the grand scheme of things. If Nintendo had printed as many copies of Xenoblade as Activision prints of any given Call of Duty, it'd be sub-$10 new with multiple copies languishing at every Gamestop.

Nintendo has gotten burned on pretty much every recent JRPG they've put out in substantial numbers. Look at Glory of Heracles and Golden Sun DS - both were printed in absurd numbers and are now rotting of shelves nationwide. Granted neither of those were reviewed as well as Xenoblade, but it makes sense that Nintendo is being cautious with print numbers.

Also, the rarity and value of this game is making it seem much more desired than it actually is. I think a lot of people want it now for the sheer fact that it is rare. I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?

#579 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

But yes those are ALL great JRPG's, the ones on SNES aren't that easy to start off with at this point, I find it's best to work back before you go retro.

I don't agree with this.

#580 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

If you want this I suggest checking the site at 3am. If not then try again at 4am, etc. Thank me later ;)

#581 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?

This was already discussed way earlier in the thread.

The copies didn't just go away. People bought them.

#582 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Thats the least valuble of the 3 G.U//'s but still a good find, try 3 Redemption's, two Rebirth's three Remin's and two quarantine's. One of the quarantine CIB minus dvd, one rebirth CIB and two remin's CIB, the 3 redemption's are disc only but theres one nearby for $40 CIB at a local game store if I want it.

Did you go to the stores in Philly?

#583 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?

I was waiting it to drop to under $20 like I did for Heracles and Golden Sun. Of course I didn't know Nintendo wanted to print only half a million copies of Xenoblade....

#584 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

My Gamestop had, like, 8 of these the other day. All new.

#585 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Sealed?

#586 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Just a heads up. For those who plan on ordering a new copy or recently ordered one, don't expect to receive a factory sealed copy. Those are long gone.

You will MOST LIKELY receive a gutted copy pictured like mines below. Complete game with artwork, manualks, and the disc in a cover labeled as New.

I purchased two of them online and both came the same way. Several other members in this thread who recently purchased got gutted copies too. I was gonna complain but both discs didn't have any scratches. I also used a gift card and a coupon making it very cheap. Pretty tough to find a complete copy for under $60 now a days.

Posted Image

#587 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Well.... at long as the Club Nintendo code is unused.... =P

#588 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

JRPGs are absolutely still niche in the grand scheme of things. If Nintendo had printed as many copies of Xenoblade as Activision prints of any given Call of Duty, it'd be sub-$10 new with multiple copies languishing at every Gamestop.

Nintendo has gotten burned on pretty much every recent JRPG they've put out in substantial numbers. Look at Glory of Heracles and Golden Sun DS - both were printed in absurd numbers and are now rotting of shelves nationwide. Granted neither of those were reviewed as well as Xenoblade, but it makes sense that Nintendo is being cautious with print numbers.

Also, the rarity and value of this game is making it seem much more desired than it actually is. I think a lot of people want it now for the sheer fact that it is rare. I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?

I know I held off because I expected it to be picked up later on the cheap. I sold off my wii (that was gathering dust) in anticipation of the Wii-U. So I don't even have something to play it on. Turns out nothing is out for the Wii-U that interests me so I sorta jumped the gun on that one...

Gutted

That shit really pisses me off... What other business can you take a used product repackage it and call it new? Can a restaurant brush off the food I left on my plate and resell it? Can a car dealer say NEW with only 140,000 miles!? There's no way what they're doing should be legal.

#589 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

That shit really pisses me off... What other business can you take a used product repackage it and call it new? Can a restaurant brush off the food I left on my plate and resell it? Can a car dealer say NEW with only 140,000 miles!? There's no way what they're doing should be legal.

Exactly...

Had to make an exception though once I found out how rare it was to find a mint complete copy for a good price :cry:

#590 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Did you go to the stores in Philly?

Nope, I'm up in CT, but I DID call the ones in philly showing quarantine in stock if there were any, quick look shows 2 each of part 2 and 3 in philly, whether they actually have it? Another story all together, more then half of stores I called showing stock of any game didn't have it, or it was Disc Only in a sleeve and 'vanished' as they get stolen often, or my favorite after checking with a manager "it's on hold". Luckily I managed to get CIB part 4 and G.U 1-3 for myself. Like I said in the B1G1 50%off thread I went overboard, called every store in PA CT NY NJ FLA CA TX IL CO & WA with quarantine in stock (as most stores forget to actually transfer), and many with two+ parts of G.U, just sold a spare quarantine and a set of G.U//'s to another cag for $140 shipped (I dare you to check ebay and call that a bad deal), I got what I wanted and would rather hook up a CAG then sell spare's that come in on ebay.

#591 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Can a car dealer say NEW with only 140,000 miles!? There's no way what they're doing should be legal.

Bad example, it is more like buying a new car that someone test drive.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#592 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'd certainly never buy 'new' CONDOMS that were test driven.

#593 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

lol I hope not.

#594 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Bad example, it is more like buying a new car that someone test drive.

I'd say it's more like buying a car from a dealership when a storm knocked over a light pole onto the car when it was on the lot and crushed the hood. You say "ughh... I asked for a brand new car" and they say "It is new, it's never been driven."

Gamestop's rebuttal to gutted copies not being new is that they are new because they have never been played. You can drop the disc and scratch it up, handle it with greasy fingers, sneeze on it, spill a drink on it, but as long as it has not been entered into a game system, it qualifies as 'new' to their logic. One that is totally flawed. To be honest, all the handling they do with the discs when they move them from sleeve to sleeve and drawer to drawer probably does more damage to it than 100 hours of gameplay in a system would.

If you see how employees handle the discs, they'll slam them face down on a hard surface and get greasy fingerprints all over it.

#595 pat87

pat87

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well, this sucks.

Gamefly decides to make Xenoblade unavailable for purchase the day after they sent it out to me.

#596 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Where do you think the term "sloppy seconds" came from?

#597 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

This thread is a cosmic ballet, with every so often someone popping in to say "Holy shit! The used price is now $59.99!" or "My local store in east bumblefuck has a copy, this game ain't hard to find."
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#598 JonnyHG

JonnyHG

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

The fact that this thread is slowly moving up the top 15 deals list is kinda depressing. I want this game.

#599 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I was waiting it to drop to under $20 like I did for Heracles and Golden Sun. Of course I didn't know Nintendo wanted to print only half a million copies of Xenoblade....

At least there hopefully won't be the same pricing problem with Pandora's Tower since it isn't a gamestop exclusive. I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles since I figured Gamestop would never lower the price.

#600 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I'd say it's more like buying a car from a dealership when a storm knocked over a light pole onto the car when it was on the lot and crushed the hood. You say "ughh... I asked for a brand new car" and they say "It is new, it's never been driven."

Gamestop's rebuttal to gutted copies not being new is that they are new because they have never been played. You can drop the disc and scratch it up, handle it with greasy fingers, sneeze on it, spill a drink on it, but as long as it has not been entered into a game system, it qualifies as 'new' to their logic. One that is totally flawed. To be honest, all the handling they do with the discs when they move them from sleeve to sleeve and drawer to drawer probably does more damage to it than 100 hours of gameplay in a system would.

If you see how employees handle the discs, they'll slam them face down on a hard surface and get greasy fingerprints all over it.

That's right. I've seen "new" game discs that are far worse condition than some used games. With the condition of the discs, you could never tell if they had actually been played. But once the customer buys it, you can't remove that circular seal, because then that greasy disc suddenly becomes used.