Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
969 replies to this topic

#811 danhoo

danhoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I've tried the print-custom-cover approach before, and while I do like the alternate covers people have made, I never have access to a high-quality color printer so the results look less than satisfactory to me. But maybe I'm being too picky. I definitely want something that will look nice on my shelf since I plan to keep this game for a long time.

#812 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I've tried the print-custom-cover approach before, and while I do like the alternate covers people have made, I never have access to a high-quality color printer so the results look less than satisfactory to me. But maybe I'm being too picky. I definitely want something that will look nice on my shelf since I plan to keep this game for a long time.

What paper have you used? It always seems like the paper can make a big difference even if you're using a cheap printer.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#813 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

What paper have you used? It always seems like the paper can make a big difference even if you're using a cheap printer.

Photo paper can look really good if you want to spring for it and it works with your printer.

#814 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

The recent trade in value of Xenoblade at Gamestop prompted a bunch of trade ins and has lowered the resell price on eBay. For a while there were TONS of stores in my area with used copies for sale. Now they're all sold out again so I imagine that eBay will creep back up.

I still have to wonder if they're going to be doing a reprint...

#815 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

The recent trade in value of Xenoblade at Gamestop prompted a bunch of trade ins and has lowered the resell price on eBay. For a while there were TONS of stores in my area with used copies for sale. Now they're all sold out again so I imagine that eBay will creep back up.

I still have to wonder if they're going to be doing a reprint...

what and have nintendo admit that maybe they were wrong to do a low print? that will never happen. plus they might have to actually advertise the game to make it worthwhile and God knows nintendo doesnt advertise anything but zelda, mario, metroid and the latest casual crap.

#816 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

what and have nintendo admit that maybe they were wrong to do a low print? that will never happen. plus they might have to actually advertise the game to make it worthwhile and God knows nintendo doesnt advertise anything but zelda, mario, metroid and the latest casual crap.

Metroid is a funny way to spell Pokemon
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#817 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

damn how could i forget about pokemon lol

#818 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I saw the "X" preview on YouTube yesterday. Anyone that's played Xenoblade recognize that stuff? Is it a reprint in HD or a new game? I ask because I haven't played my copy yet and many people have finished it and should know.

#819 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I saw the "X" preview on YouTube yesterday. Anyone that's played Xenoblade recognize that stuff? Is it a reprint in HD or a new game? I ask because I haven't played my copy yet and many people have finished it and should know.

Link??

#820 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

It has a very similar UI, but it's not Xenoblade. It's an all new one!

Now go play the game, it's amazing.

#821 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

It has a very similar UI, but it's not Xenoblade. It's an all new one!

Now go play the game, it's amazing.

Mentioned earlier in the thread, my Wii's GPU is going. I'm waiting for the Wii U price drop before playing it. Not sending my Wii to Nintendo for them to repair for $75.

#822 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Keep waiting, it'll be a few years

#823 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Price drop not coming anytime soon for Wii U. As stated by many others in the industry Nintendo is barely making money from the Console sales. Will need the components to be cheaper before price drop comes. What you will see is game bundles for around the same price as they can subsidize inflated value with a game.

#824 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Speaking of components for the Wii U I was wondering MrBoss...is the optical disc set up actually HD DVD? It would make sense given how Nintendo likes to prevent piracy and given how comparatively few HD DVD burners likely exist.
Considering the disc is 25 gigs at max and not 50 it seems quite coincidental. I imagine Nintendo making having 5 gigs. worth of copy protection on each disc.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#825 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Is this game actually worth playing vs just selling? I'm starting to waver. I'm starting to consider selling this and The Last Story without ever playing them. I can get close to $200 for the both of them.

#826 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

this game is easily the swan song of the wii. and its easily one of the top 10 of the 360,ps3 and wii generation.

#827 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

It was absolutely my favorite JRPG this gen. Had a huge impact on me and I happily dropped 90 hours on it.

That said, 200 is 200, and there's naturally no guaranteeing you'd feel the same way about it as I did.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#828 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Same as the last two. I loved it but money is money and ymmv with how much you like it.

SI

#829 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well, it's also the reason I'm watching Wii U sales figures so closely and have that "troll" thread. If they sell really badly then Nintendo will have to lower the console price. If I sell my 2 games I may never buy a Wii U. The kids have some Wii games so the wife may force me to buy another Wii (or Wii U) if the Wii goes kaput though. That's a decent amount of money though and those chuck e cheese birthday party's aren't cheap and I've got to pay for one soon!

#830 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Xenoblade is worth keeping. It's been less than a year since I sunk 120+ hours into it and I already want to go back and play New Game+. I wouldn't sell Xenoblade even if I could get $200+ just for it alone.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#831 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Well, it's also the reason I'm watching Wii U sales figures so closely and have that "troll" thread. If they sell really badly then Nintendo will have to lower the console price. If I sell my 2 games I may never buy a Wii U. The kids have some Wii games so the wife may force me to buy another Wii (or Wii U) if the Wii goes kaput though. That's a decent amount of money though and those chuck e cheese birthday party's aren't cheap and I've got to pay for one soon!

You could have just got a Basic Wii U for 250 + a 50 dollar gift card yesterday.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#832 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

I keep telling BM that but he is too busy trolling

#833 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

You could have just got a Basic Wii U for 250 + a 50 dollar gift card yesterday.

True, if I wanted to go to a bunch of trouble and hope that my target employees would allow it. Not all CSR's allow this sort of thing. Plus it's the basic. I'd like to see the deluxe for 250 with 2 games in the bundle. Probably Black Friday.

#834 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

see

#835 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

True, if I wanted to go to a bunch of trouble and hope that my target employees would allow it. Not all CSR's allow this sort of thing. Plus it's the basic. I'd like to see the deluxe for 250 with 2 games in the bundle. Probably Black Friday.

You are clearly dreaming if you think its going to be $100 off and have two games with it as well by the holidays.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#836 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

You are clearly dreaming if you think its going to be $100 off and have two games with it as well by the holidays.

We shall see. I'm confident it will be at least 50 off and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it comes with a game in addition to Nintendoland. The other 50 off is possible depending on just how bad sales are and the prices the other consoles launch at. Maybe I am dreaming but there's nothing wrong with that.

How much was first the 3DS price cut again?

#837 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think if we raised $300 on CAG and bought BM a wiiu he would send it back.

#838 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

We shall see. I'm confident it will be at least 50 off and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it comes with a game in addition to Nintendoland. The other 50 off is possible depending on just how bad sales are and the prices the other consoles launch at. Maybe I am dreaming but there's nothing wrong with that.

How much was first the 3DS price cut again?

while i have no idea on the wii u sales. a price cut during black friday sounds completely likely. of course this largely depends on the price of the ps4 and the new xbox if that launches too. that said the wii u will easily be the better priced deal.

#839 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I can play Xenoblade sooner now. I called Nintendo customer service and yelled at them until they gave me a "one time exception" free repair. It worked for my out of warranty RROD previously as well. The MS people went so far as to (literally) tell me not to post about the free repair on online forums. Nintendo didnt say that but they tried to make it clear that it never happens.

#840 io

io

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

I can play Xenoblade sooner now. I called Nintendo customer service and yelled at them until they gave me a "one time exception" free repair. It worked for my out of warranty RROD previously as well. The MS people went so far as to (literally) tell me not to post about the free repair on online forums. Nintendo didnt say that but they tried to make it clear that it never happens.

Good - now go play the game and stay off CAG for a while like most of us who have played it did for weeks/months. It will be good for everyone ;).