Photo
- - - - -

Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

#61 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

What? I haven't sold anything on ebay in years, but when did prices go that high? They never used to be anywhere near that high.

Ebay charges 10% and PayPal charges 3%. They also charge fees on shipping costs now since so many people were charging .01 for the bid and 19.99 for shipping.

#62 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Ebay charges 10% and PayPal charges 3%.

eBay charges 13% for game sales via buy-it-now and 9% for traditional auctions.

What? I haven't sold anything on ebay in years, but when did prices go that high? They never used to be anywhere near that high.

I believe a few years ago they changed their pricing policy. They now allow you to list X number of free lots without a listing fee but they also hiked the fee you'd pay if your lot actually sold. Even without the listing fees it still became more expensive to sell stuff on eBay.

#63 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

http://www.newlifeau...s.com/calc.html

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#64 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hmm, my GS still has a 'new' copy (it's gutted, obvi) of this and The Last Story. I bought this one at launch because I heard so many great things, played it, and loved it. Hear much less great things about TLS. Should I just go ahead and pick that one up as well in fear that the same thing will happen to that one, or is that game really not that good so it doesn't matter if I play it or not?

EDIT: Hmm, guess it was sold in the past couple of days. Was there last I checked. Oh well, the next closest TLS is pretty far away, probably not worth it.

#65 icefiretn

icefiretn

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hmm, my GS still has a 'new' copy (it's gutted, obvi) of this and The Last Story. I bought this one at launch because I heard so many great things, played it, and loved it. Hear much less great things about TLS. Should I just go ahead and pick that one up as well in fear that the same thing will happen to that one, or is that game really not that good so it doesn't matter if I play it or not?

EDIT: Hmm, guess it was sold in the past couple of days. Was there last I checked. Oh well, the next closest TLS is pretty far away, probably not worth it.

The Last Story sells on Amazon for $30 new, if you really want a copy.

#66 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Is this dead?

Not availalbe online, no local stores have it.

I'm kicking myself, had a launch copy, wound up selling it for a few months later for much less than $50 at the time I sold my Wii, didn't think much of it, it was widely available at the time at stores, gamestop was even selling ample used copies online.

Now i have a Wii U and look this up to possibly rebuy, its out of stock everywhere and like $90 a copy on Ebay! I really hope some more stock of this is made- I think there is enough demand to warrant it given the crazy ebay prices.

Nintendo gave into your whiny demands and brought over Xenoblade here in the first place. You snooze you lose. Sorry!
Posted Image

#67 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Nintendo gave into your whiny demands and brought over Xenoblade here in the first place. You snooze you lose. Sorry!

I thought GameStop had the exclusive because they paid to get it released here?

#68 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

You were also able to order through Nintendo's online store, I believe. B&M was GS exclusive.

#69 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm glad I was able to get a complete used copy last month during the buy 6 Wii games get 30% off sale, so my ~$33 copy (including tax) is looking pretty good right now.

Most all notable RPGs go up considerably in value over time, or at the very least hold their value, even more so after how much attention this game received. Unless this game ever gets a true reprint, I imagine even the worst condition (yet still playable) copies will still sell for enough to someone.

#70 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

This needs to be released on the 3DS, and/or expand to the PS3/360 consoles. Keeping this just on the Wii, even just from a business standpoint, seems so foolish.
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception.

- Prajnaparamita

#71 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hopefully an HD remake for Wii U instead

Yeah, I can't imagine how a game released so late in the Wii's life didn't have some HD material being created in the hopes that an HD Wii would have been released 2 or 3 years before the Wii U. Plus all the PS3 HD remakes of PS2 games. Heck even GOW2 on the PS2 had some weird 480P code built in. So I wait, b/c I can't stand to look at Wii games anymore. WKC2 isn't great, but compared to Arc Rise Fantasia it's beautiful.

#72 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

The Last Story sells on Amazon for $30 new, if you really want a copy.

It's also the 2nd run of the game, meaning just the case instructions and game, unlike the original release.

Not that it should deter you, you should just be aware when purchasing you are going to get essentially a greatest hits version.

#73 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, I can't imagine how a game released so late in the Wii's life didn't have some HD material being created in the hopes that an HD Wii would have been released 2 or 3 years before the Wii U. Plus all the PS3 HD remakes of PS2 games. Heck even GOW2 on the PS2 had some weird 480P code built in. So I wait, b/c I can't stand to look at Wii games anymore. WKC2 isn't great, but compared to Arc Rise Fantasia it's beautiful.

The PS2 was capable of 480P with component cables, so it isn't that odd that some PS2 games were 480P compatible.

I doubt this will get a re-release. The Wii is at the end of it's lifespan, and GameStop clearly wants to move their stock of Wii games more quickly.

#74 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

This needs to be released on the 3DS, and/or expand to the PS3/360 consoles. Keeping this just on the Wii, even just from a business standpoint, seems so foolish.

It's a game developed by a Nintendo-owned company. It's not going anywhere.
Posted Image

#75 big_erk

big_erk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Monolith is a Nintendo first-party developer so the chance of that happening is zero.
Posted Image

#76 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Instead of bickering lets leave it at this: none of us wants our games in SD but if that makes it unplayable for you then don't play it. They may or may not uprez it in the future and of you miss out and don't care since its HD then that's fine. No reason people should be trying to convince someone that hates SD to play it. /end

#77 big_erk

big_erk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Instead of bickering lets leave it at this: none of us wants our games in SD but if that maka it unplayable for you then don't play it. They may or may not uprez it in the future and of you miss out and don't care since its HD then that's fine. No reason people should be trying to convince someone that hates SD to play it. /end

I would welcome an HD release on Wii U. It would be cheap for them to do and would allow more people to play this great game. Hell, they may even move a few more consoles.
Posted Image

#78 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I would welcome a digital release on the Nintendo Wii U store. Forever devaluing the overpriced resellers. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#79 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

I would welcome a digital release on the Nintendo Wii U store. Forever devaluing the overpriced resellers. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

LOL Simply knowing Nintendo's history with anything that's not Mario/Zelda, that won't happen for a decade or so.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#80 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Selling (or at least making available) games digitally like psn and Live have done makes the gouging and searching moot. Only true collectors would be in search of the packaging. It's a shame Nintendo really hasn't fallen in line yet.

#81 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, wanting an already localized game to be released in the US on a console that was completely abandoned by its maker months before the release of a new one sure is whining. And Nintendo didn't even throw them that bone; fucking Gamestop had to step in and handle it, and we had to rely on Xseed to bring over The Last Story, but at least Nintendo gave us Pandora's Tower during that drought of no games... oh wait...

#82 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Pretty sure the digital market will still be a niche market for a long time...

More then 75% of the world don't even have high speed internet capable of doing downloads like these feasible yet.

Also even in America almost 20 to 25% of americans don't even have access to high speed internet..

So a future of DL games is never ever going to happen

#83 deathsaber

deathsaber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

LOL @ unprovoked internet attacks

Don't have to be rude, just telling my story, don't think its out of line to desire the ability to purchase a standard non collectors version of a highly regarded game released less than a year ago that still seems to have a ton of demand.

#84 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

http://www.newlifeau...s.com/calc.html

I don't think that's right. If you do a Buy It Now in conjunction with an auction, it charges a lower fee for the BIN than it does if you do a fixed price auction.

#85 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

You can always use: http://pages.ebay.co...calculator.html

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#86 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I still have mine sealed and was hoping to play it one day. But with my long backlog, and knowing how heinously long this game is, I might just chuck it.

#87 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Pretty sure the digital market will still be a niche market for a long time...

More then 75% of the world don't even have high speed internet capable of doing downloads like these feasible yet.

Also even in America almost 20 to 25% of americans don't even have access to high speed internet..

So a future of DL games is never ever going to happen

You do realized just back in 1998 we didn't think downloading 1GB would be possible since most people are on 56k. In 1998 we didnt think books and cds would be replace by digital copies. Don't say never in 15 years things will change a lot.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#88 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Pretty much. He had the tools needed to play the game but sold them for some reason. Considering how highly sought after the game was prior to its localization and the high praise given following release I would have at least played it at the time before selling it and the Wii. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 or so they say.

#89 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

You do realized just back in 1998 we didn't think downloading 1GB would be possible since most people are on 56k. In 1998 we didnt think books and cds would be replace by digital copies. Don't say never in 15 years things will change a lot.

really so the Xbox 720 will finally realize it potential in 2028 :lol:

These days downloading 1gb for most people is still time-consuming and many ISP have limited their bandwidths to over usage

Now if you know anyone in the south, they will tell you how "speedy" their internet is too..

If MS, Sony, Nintendo want to have a WORLDWIDE audience they need think before trying to sell anyone a only digital service

#90 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

really so the Xbox 720 will finally realize it potential in 2028 :lol:

These days downloading 1gb for most people is still time-consuming and many ISP have limited their bandwidths to over usage

Now if you know anyone in the south, they will tell you how "speedy" their internet is too..

If MS, Sony, Nintendo want to have a WORLDWIDE audience they need think before trying to sell anyone a only digital service

I am saying by 2028 we will see a full digital system, not never like you said.

You are also very ignorant for thinking internet speed will not change in the future.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312