Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
969 replies to this topic

#901 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

While you guys are at it, get a reprint of Radiant Dawn and Prime Trilogy. I also want Luigi's Mansion, FFV and Path of Radiance on the VC
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#902 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

While you guys are at it, get a reprint of Radiant Dawn and Prime Trilogy. I also want Luigi's Mansion, FFV and Path of Radiance on the VC

I love how GS has been steadily bumping up the used price on Radiant Dawn, it went from $39.99 to $54.99 in a matter of three months.

#903 coolguythinking

coolguythinking

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Forget Metroid Prime Trilogy; it's a collector's item and there's no chance of it coming back. Xenoblade on the other hand is just a game and might just get a reprint or some other form of re-release in the future. It's not certain, but possible.

#904 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

it's not a game? Man you guys are capable of some mental gymnastics
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#905 coolguythinking

coolguythinking

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

it's not a game? Man you guys are capable of some mental gymnastics

Not what I meant. It's a repackaging of three games on one disc in a collector's tin. Xenoblade is just a game with nothing else special about it.

#906 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

It's an update of 2 gamecube games for wii remote controls
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#907 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not what I meant. It's a repackaging of three games on one disc in a collector's tin. Xenoblade is just a game with nothing else special about it.

xenoblade JUST A GAME? easily JRPG of the gen. and top 5 RPGs of this Gen if not the top one.

#908 io

io

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

xenoblade JUST A GAME? easily JRPG of the gen. and top 5 RPGs of this Gen if not the top one.

Which is why it should get reprinted. Though I am done with it so what I really want is for the new Wii U game to be of the same caliber.

#909 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

I'm just going to say it's my favorite game ever. The only issues I had were with completely optional sidequests (collectapedia, NPCs whose name I couldn't remember w/o xenoblade wiki) and the later boss,  Melia's enemy, I forget her name. That one actually required grinding. She was harder than the final boss.

The only reason I'm not playing it again is because it ate my life and I wanted nothing but to play Xenoblade.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#910 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Still slowly plodding along (though thoroughly enjoying) the game, finally reached

Spoiler

So what, 50-60% of the way through now?

#911 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

at least sixty
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#912 TWH

TWH

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

After seeing X announced for the WiiU, it made me want to get Xenoblade, however, I think it was because of E3 that the price spiked to absurd levels.  I'm hoping that my local Walmart/Bestbuy/Gamestops have a copy. 

#913 tyrone888

tyrone888

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'm hoping they rerelease this game in HD when X comes out.

#914 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'm hoping they rerelease this game in HD when X comes out.

Same here.

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#915 jedipimping

jedipimping

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Looks like Gamestop just upped the used price of it from $59.99 to $69.99.

#916 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm proud to say even though it took me forever (I bought it at launch) I finally finished Xenoblade yesterday.

Man you people are cheap.

#917 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm proud to say even though it took me forever (I bought it at launch) I finally finished Xenoblade yesterday.

What was your final game time?  I'm just about to get the seventh party member (unfortunately my curiosity already ruined that surprise) in my game, and I think the clock is around 55ish hours.

Not that I want it to end anytime soon, just plenty of other games that are taking a backseat in the mean time.

#918 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

What was your final game time? I'm just about to get the seventh party member (unfortunately my curiosity already ruined that surprise) in my game, and I think the clock is around 55ish hours.

Not that I want it to end anytime soon, just plenty of other games that are taking a backseat in the mean time.
I finished around 85 hours. I skipped most of the side quests and spent a good chunk of time at the end grinding another six levels up to beat the final boss (I wasn't under leveled I just kinda suck at the game and had to be really over leveled to finally beat the boss). That 85 hours doesn't include a couple extra hours I spent trying to beat the final boss and then continually failing and re loading my save to go grind. This is a long ass game. And freaking difficult towards the end. But it was fun!

#919 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

This is a long ass game. And freaking difficult towards the end. But it was fun!

It was only difficult because you skipped so many side quests. If you were the type to do every side quest you'd probably think the game was too easy since there's so many that it overlevels your party.

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#920 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

This is a long ass game. And freaking difficult towards the end. But it was fun!

It was only difficult because you skipped so many side quests. If you were the type to do every side quest you'd probably think the game was too easy since there's so many that it overlevels your party.

It took me being level 83 with a bunch of kick ass gems to finally beat the final boss, I don't think that is under leveled for this game. Party of Melia (Me), Sharla, and Riki. 

#921 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yeah grinding in combat isn't very profitable. The quests are more like grinding.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#922 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

I think I've finally found the one (minor) thing that I don't really like about Xenoblade, and its how they handle the Skill Points.  Don't get me wrong, I love the trees and the Skill linking feature, and the affinity coins earned by hunting down the UMs, I just don't like how you can waste SP points if you already have a tree maxed and forget to switch it.  Thankfully I'm pretty good about monitoring it, so I haven't lost much.  I wish they would just accumulate them like AP points, and let you choose where to place them later.

Now I'm at a crossroads where a majority of my characters are close to capping out their three main skill trees, and I have to choose to either grind more quests to unlock their fourth tree, or just go along with it and forget about the wasted skills and SP points.  I really want to get back to the story, but the completionist in me is telling me otherwise.  So far I've only unlocked Melia's and Shulk's, and Melia's was by accident (before I knew about the additional skill trees).

Oh, and Gamestop somewhat recently raised the used price up to $79.99, is that the highest non-bundled, non-SE used game price they've ever listed?

#923 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yeah the maxed out tree sucked, especially having so many characters to manage.

There's so much stuff to complete, I said I'd do it later, beat the game and forgot about it, as usual. I never did much with the swordsman. Forgot his name. Fei Wong lookalike. Then there are the over lvl 100 monsters, never bothered with them. I think it was after the Giant's quest was so anticlimactic I just said screw it.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#924 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Looks like Gamestop just upped the used price of it from $59.99 to $69.99.

They upped the price to $79.99 recently (today, I think). This now ties it (with :ps2: Marvel vs Capcom 2) as the most expensive PO game I've seen at GS.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#925 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to get data from my Wii if it's malfunctioning? Like the start up screen comes up and then the system says "Press A To Start" on that warning screen before it even goes to the game/app select screen. When I press A it just freezes as the screen starts to fade to the game/app select screen. Not sure how to fix this or if anyone else has had the same problem? If it can't be fixed is there anyway to get my data off the Wii? It's not hacked or modded or anything, but I would prefer to not lose all of my data for SSBB, Xenoblade, and the two Virtual Shop games I purchased. It's a launch Wii, so it's pretty old. Hoping to salvage it though if at all possible. Would appreciate anyone who could DM me or post some advice here. I know this isn't completely on topic, so I will gladly move it to its own thread in this Wii section or elsewhere if someone can suggest someone more appropriate. Thanks!

May just end up buying a GC and holding out for a WiiU if I can't get this fixed or anything.

#926 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

I got tired of reading all the GS hate posts... I agree 100%. One thing people always forget when making the care comparison, the car has an odometer so that I know exactly how much the "new" car was used before I buy it. There's no odometer on a GS game disk. :bomb:

#927 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

Gamestop just raised the price to $89.99 a few hours ago. 

#928 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

Damn, that is nuts. I still wonder if Nintendo even knows GS is selling it that high for a damn used copy. Considering they just recently found out about the internet, youtube, and twitch.

#929 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to get data from my Wii if it's malfunctioning? Like the start up screen comes up and then the system says "Press A To Start" on that warning screen before it even goes to the game/app select screen. When I press A it just freezes as the screen starts to fade to the game/app select screen. Not sure how to fix this or if anyone else has had the same problem? If it can't be fixed is there anyway to get my data off the Wii? It's not hacked or modded or anything, but I would prefer to not lose all of my data for SSBB, Xenoblade, and the two Virtual Shop games I purchased. It's a launch Wii, so it's pretty old. Hoping to salvage it though if at all possible. Would appreciate anyone who could DM me or post some advice here. I know this isn't completely on topic, so I will gladly move it to its own thread in this Wii section or elsewhere if someone can suggest someone more appropriate. Thanks!

May just end up buying a GC and holding out for a WiiU if I can't get this fixed or anything.

Call Nintendo

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#930 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Excellent. That means I can go trade my slim 250gb 360 for a copy.