Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#241 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Depends on the location. I worked at a store like 2 years ago, could literally check out ANY game, whether it just released that day or not. The last store I worked at last year would only let you check out used games or things that had been out a few weeks

It was still pretty shady though. Some of the employees even redeemed one time use codes that were in the game cases they checked out, didn't even get in trouble

We can check out anything at my store as long as there are multiple copies (so customers can still buy the game lol)

I find it hard to imagine people got away with redeeming codes. That is considered stealing and wouldn't be tolerated at my store.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#242 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I don't get why they can't just use generic DVD cases print out the covers for display and use them in store.

Big Lots does this with every game they stock. They have multiple empty boxes with full color inserts on the rack. Customers take an empty box to the register and receive a sealed copy from a cabinet behind the counter.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#243 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Big Lots does this with every game they stock. They have multiple empty boxes with full color inserts on the rack. Customers take an empty box to the register and receive a sealed copy from a cabinet behind the counter.

Yet Gamestop can't get a clue. I can't think of any logical reason not to do it that way. Unless they are penny pinching so badly that they don't want to spend whatever miniscule amount it would take to fill the shelves with empty cases and printouts instead of just using games they are already receiving.

#244 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

How likely do you guys think they will reprint this game? It's in high demand and compatible with the Wii U.

#245 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

How likely do you guys think they will reprint this game? It's in high demand and compatible with the Wii U.

while its POSSIBLE. lets not forget how hard the fight was to get it to be released in the first place because well its nintendo. we all know they cant fully endorse and support a non mario or non zelda game. there is no excuse this game didnt get a huge print run to start with. its easily the top RPG or in the top 5 RPGs this gen and likely one of the top 10 this gen even if the story is just terrible which goes to show a games dont always need killer stories.

#246 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I haven't bought anything directly from a GS store in years because of their bad practices. This is one of only a handful of games I've gotten from GS in the last several years, always from the website. Whereas Newegg saw as many purchases in just the last six months and Amazon has seen me purchase upwards of a hundred games in that time. (Should I thank them or curse them for my backlog pile I wonder?)
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#247 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Considering that Nintendo didn't even want to bring it here in the first place and was a huge pain in the ass about it, I don't know.

Rumor has it that Gamespot actually really pushed for it and may have thrown in some money to get it here too. OTOH it obviously sold well for them so they may have motivation for a reprint.

I don't know that Nintendo is going to care that much about wanting to push Wii 1.0 games at this point though and they are still the US publisher for it.

#248 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think it's more likely we'll see a eShop release of it.

#249 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Originally gamers were literally begging Nintendo to bring the game to the U.S.. During that time Nintendo stated that their primary concern was that there wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of localization.

Now that the game's been released it's obvious that the demand is there. It'd be shocking if Nintendo didn't take advantage of the situation and reprint the game. Otherwise they'd be walking away and leaving money on the table.

#250 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Originally gamers were literally begging Nintendo to bring the game to the U.S.. During that time Nintendo stated that their primary concern was that there wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of localization.

Now that the game's been released it's obvious that the demand is there. It'd be shocking if Nintendo didn't take advantage of the situation and reprint the game. Otherwise they'd be walking away and leaving money on the table.

I was surprised by the previous poster's reasoning too. It's already been localized so now all they need to do is print them.

#251 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

But a re-print shows that Nintendo was wrong. I don't see them "admitting" that. Plus, didn't they already announce no more Wii releases? I think they should make this into an HD release for WiiU... maybe even with a Pandora's Tower announcement.

#252 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

But a re-print shows that Nintendo was wrong. I don't see them "admitting" that. Plus, didn't they already announce no more Wii releases? I think they should make this into an HD release for WiiU... maybe even with a Pandora's Tower announcement.

No more Wii releases...does that really mean no more reprints or just no more new releases? I doubt Nintendo remasters anything. Look at their download games.

#253 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm not so sure the demand is there. The demand is there right now because, like most things, it's hard to find. If there were tons of these on the shelves at $50, they'd all be sitting there and we'd be waiting for it to be $15.

#254 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Had pride been an issue they wouldn't have released it here after initially passing on it. Perhaps they're moving on from producing new Wii titles, but the only real cost involved with Xenoblade are minimal since the game is already done: primarily printing and shipping costs. Doing a remake would be exponentially more expensive and the only real gain would be the ability to sell a $50 game for $60.

#255 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Had pride been an issue they wouldn't have released it here after initially passing on it. Perhaps they're moving on from producing new Wii titles, but the only real cost involved with Xenoblade are minimal since the game is already done: primarily printing and shipping costs. Doing a remake would be exponentially more expensive and the only real gain would be the ability to sell a $50 game for $60.

I think there's a chance they do a limited reprint but I doubt it would be huge. Maybe 1 or 2 copies per GS store and a couple thousand to the GS site. I'd guess a reprint would be maybe 20,000 more copies at most and I don't think there would be any chance of a third printing so a limited reprint wouldn't really bring down resell value for long.

edit: Just looked it up, there's around 6k GS stores so if they sent 1 or 2 to each GS + several thousand to the website there would be a reprint in the neighborhood of 10-15k.

#256 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm not so sure the demand is there. The demand is there right now because, like most things, it's hard to find. If there were tons of these on the shelves at $50, they'd all be sitting there and we'd be waiting for it to be $15.

perhaps but i am sure enough people would of bought this had it

1. had more copies printed
2. been advertised

but nintendo refuses to do any of the above for the most part if it isnt mario or zelda.

not to mention nintendo games have a tendency to not drop in price like ever.

#257 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Exactly. Like most people in this thread has said... lots of Gamestops have this in stock. Check your store locator, and you'll probably see the same thing. The game isn't flying off the shelves, and new copies are not sold out. However, it's rare to find sealed ones, which is what the more collector-y people want. That means nothing for sales and for Nintendo, however.

#258 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Exactly. Like most people in this thread has said... lots of Gamestops have this in stock. Check your store locator, and you'll probably see the same thing. The game isn't flying off the shelves, and new copies are not sold out.

I live near Chicago. There is certainly no shortage of Gamestop stores around here. Having checked the store locator there appears to be three stores listed as having a "low stock" of new copies within a 70 mile radius, the closest being over 40 miles away. Used copies are only available at two stores in a 100 miles radius. I knew the game was scarce, but I didn't think it was that rare. I'll have to stop by a store or two and see what they've actually got because that doesn't sound right.

#259 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think it's more likely we'll see a eShop release of it.

I don't know - the amount of effort it'd take to reformat it for Wii U eShop might be more than GS calling in another print order. You may be right, but they're both unlikely.

Great game, though. Easily top 5 Wii games.

#260 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

This got me thinking about TLS. Looked on eBay. Found this, look at the last picture...
http://www.ebay.com/...=item27ceced229

#261 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

This got me thinking about TLS. Looked on eBay. Found this, look at the last picture...

Eeeewwwwweee!

Thank god I got my copy the old fashioned way, pre-order from Amazon, whew!

#262 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

That's why I clean down anything I buy second-hand including games. :)

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#263 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

No one is even going to mention the seller's username? lol

#264 Caspel

Caspel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

What is supposed to come with a new copy? Case/manual and that's it? Or were there other items included such as an art book or something?

#265 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

What is supposed to come with a new copy? Case/manual and that's it? Or were there other items included such as an art book or something?

Art book and sound track with first print run. You can still find those for 39.99 at some best buy's. the reprints are on amazon without the extras for 29.99.

#266 Caspel

Caspel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Art book and sound track with first print run. You can still find those for 39.99 at some best buy's. the reprints are on amazon without the extras for 29.99.

For Xenoblade Chronicles?

#267 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

For Xenoblade Chronicles?

He's talking about The Last Story, because people before him were talking about it.

For Xenoblade, there was a pre-order artbook but that's it. New copies are just like any other game.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#268 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

He's talking about The Last Story, because people before him were talking about it.

For Xenoblade, there was a pre-order artbook but that's it. New copies are just like any other game.

Also, it's $50. GS won't be making any discounts now that its damn near sold out.

#269 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Not game related but this is even better. Look at the left side of the picture. *edit - link taken off*

Nevermind, the picture was taken off ebay. It was some lady selling dresses and when she took the picture, she was in the mirror next to the dress bottomless. lol

#270 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

So I got my used copy from GS and... wouldn't you know it, disc only. I figured I would get the case and manual given that it's a current gen game but nope.

I'm now certain that GS probably has stores send in copies of games just as discs and have the store throw out the case and manual.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist