Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

• Please log in to reply
1014 replies to this topic

#421 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Does anyone have experience with ordering games from gamestop online, because I was curious if they came complete. I have been hearing mixed answers so im just wondering.

Whenever I order online, about 75% of my order is in generic cases or disc only (sometimes that percentage is even higher). This is from my experience at least.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#422 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Does anyone have experience with ordering games from gamestop online, because I was curious if they came complete. I have been hearing mixed answers so im just wondering.

yeah, my 10 games all came disc only in a sleeve INSIDE of a PS2 box with generic gamestop cover

#423 mariodog

mariodog

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

yeah, my 10 games all came disc only in a sleeve INSIDE of a PS2 box with generic gamestop cover

Wow. Thats ridiculous. Do they purposely throw away all cases or something? I doubt that 95% of people trade in their games without the case or manual. I bought some ps2 games online a while back and only 2 of 20 came with the original stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.

#424 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

lol this clearance makes me realize just how crazy/hectic itll be when ps2 hits 75% off...

I browsed around the PS2 selection while looking for GC games... the PS2 selection is probably a lot worse than the GC. It's packed full of sports games, Guitar Hero and some otherwise common games.

BTW, it looks like people have started to dump these on eBay because there's a ton of disc only GC games popping up there. You guys might wanna take a look there.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#425 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

personally if GC hit 75% off in 2013... PS2 shouldve followed suit. I mean Xbox games have been long gone from stores and most already got rid of gamecube. They'd be wise to just do 75% off and get it over with so they have more room for the next gen of gaming that is upon us. once Sony and microsoft announce new consoles i think this will happen.

I really hope this buy 1 get 1 for PS2 games isnt a joke cuz i was JUST at like 4 Gamestops looking for GC games these past few days and saw no signage for PS2 games being on sale at any of them, and I looked at PS2 games just for the heck of it so i know there was no sign.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#426 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Went to the closest Gamestop to me today. Didn't buy for three reasons:

1. All inventory was in the back, so he had to PRINT A LIST and couldn't bring them out or put them on display.
2. Told me they were all disc-only.
3. Said they weren't 75% off but "buy 2 get 2 free."

I must have the shittiest Gamestop in history. What a bunch of douches.

One of mine tried to tell me that there were no Gamecube games available at any Gamestop anywhere in the country. None of my other stores were much better.

On that note, if by some miracle anybody lives near a GS that still has a copy of Tales of Symphonia in stock, I'd be willing to reimburse + pay for shipping + give a bit extra for your time & based on the condition. PM me if you can help. I'm tempted to try the transfer thing, but odds are good they wouldn't do it.

I really hope this buy 1 get 1 for PS2 games isnt a joke cuz i was JUST at like 4 Gamestops looking for GC games these past few days and saw no signage for PS2 games being on sale at any of them, and I looked at PS2 games just for the heck of it so i know there was no sign.

It's online only.

#427 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

PS2 games were B2G1F at the GameStop I went to today. Picked up (for GC):

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3 (very scratched, but only a dollar or so)
Spider-Man 2
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (completes the set)

All were in generic cases, btw. There were about 50 GC games in the drawer but she wouldn't let me see them. SW did not have a case on the floor and I'd expect there were many more. She asked me if there was anything specific I was looking for and my mind went blank other than Zelda, which I have all of. Lol!!

#428 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

NICE I been wanting to snag some Gamecube component cables! oh wait.... ffuuuuu

Agreed. At this point even my cheap ass would pay $20 or $30, but not the $100+ they go for. A third party company like mad katz never figured out how to make one?

#429 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

One of the tell signs of resurface is its got that grey goop in the inner ring of the disc. Also the top of the disk might have a hazy grey film.

So if two of the same games the top dice one has a bright natural look and the other looks the same, but looks darker tone does that mean the darker one is most lucky resurfaced?

#430 Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese

Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I managed to pick up Resident Evil 3 Nemesis for about 5 bucks at my local Gamestop. A port of a port of a port. Hmhm, sounds interesting

Be Your True Mind. :)

611001.png

small.png

#431 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Nice pickup, is the disc in good shape? I've noticed a lot of people on here seem to be mentioning that their discs are in crappy condition. I'll be getting my website shipment in early this week and I'm a little worried...

It's not as bad as the Gamestop stores that have the inventory but are too lazy to print a list for you or to check the back for the games.

The Zelda Collectors edition disc is in pretty fucked up shape. It's been resurfaced and it was those circular stickers on the innermost part of the disc. It might work in a gamecube, but I doubt it will work in a Wii. I don't think I want to put it in the Wii for fear it will get stuck. I have to try out all my discs sometime before the 7 day return window is over.

#432 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ended up getting Baten Kaitos Origins, Chibi-Robo, and Lost Kingdoms for about $5 total at one of the Gamestops further in town, all disc only/generic case. Chibi Robo is in pretty rough shape, but it plays. Froze on me once, but hasn't happened since. Played for about 3 hours. Others are okay, Baten Kaitos Origins is flawless on both discs actually. Getting copies of Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride, and Custom-Robo sent in to my local store from one about 60 miles away. Here's to hoping at least one of them is in original case, as unlikely as it is.

I actually barely missed out on copies of MGS: Twin Snakes and Windwaker. Someone supposedly reserved both of them (at a different store) the night before me. Ah well, win some lose some.

#433 Noel Vermillion

Noel Vermillion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Is the transfer thing only done in local areas or can it be state to state?

#434 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

please drop in price please drop in price please drop in price
if this doesn't circulate more copies of just about everything, I'm going to die. Look what happened to N64 games, they're either $5 or $500

#435 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Wow. Thats ridiculous. Do they purposely throw away all cases or something? I doubt that 95% of people trade in their games without the case or manual. I bought some ps2 games online a while back and only 2 of 20 came with the original stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.

The guy at one gamestop said they threw away the gamecube games along with the cases, another told me they shipped them to Rio De Janiero

#436 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Is the transfer thing only done in local areas or can it be state to state?

Its YMMV. It depends on the manager. I remember When I had a manager call another store because i was looking for a fightstick. I waited for a week and they had to call the store again and they said they forgot to send it out. It about a month before i got it.

For people calling and betraying as a GS manager, do they ask for a person name or phone number? Just because they said they are going to send it doesnt me they would do it because sometimes gs employees forget, lazy, etc.

#437 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anybody know if requesting the transfer from the ship-from location yourself can work (even if YMMV) without lying about who you are as long as you know the store number for where you want it transferred to? And if the GS you're having them transferred to needs to be one that's still selling GC games or if any will work?

#438 gnugget5

gnugget5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Does anybody know if requesting the transfer from the ship-from location yourself can work (even if YMMV) without lying about who you are as long as you know the store number for where you want it transferred to? And if the GS you're having them transferred to needs to be one that's still selling GC games or if any will work?

Yes, it is possible to be done under these conditions. My local store does not sell GC games and was happy to request the transfer to it from a location 2 states away. YMMV, but definitely possible.

I will add that people are probably much more likely to have success with this when, 1) the store knows them (and you have rapport as a past customer), and 2) you don't abuse it. Trying to request transfer for 20 games is not likely to be as successful as asking for 1-2.

#439 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

The one thing that Ive heard from GS employees is shipping cost from out of state transfers comes out of the respective stores bonuses' for that year, which is why you may not be as successful doing it.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#440 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yes, it is possible to be done under these conditions. My local store does not sell GC games and was happy to request the transfer to it from a location 2 states away. YMMV, but definitely possible.

Sorry, and thanks for answering my second question, but I'm not sure it quite answered my first one: is it possible to make the call and request the transfer yourself, without saying that you're a store manager, and get it to work as long as you already have the receiving store's store number? Or does it have to be done by the store you're having it transferred to, unless you use the aforementioned lie? Basically I don't trust the workers at my local Gamestop(s) for something as not-well-known as this (they've generally been completely clueless and/or lazy and/or stubbornly ignorant on even otherwise well-known practices in the past), so I'm trying to remove them from the equation as much as possible.

#441 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I looked at 4 stores (Most of em were close to where I was going to be at anyway) and only one of em had gamecube stuff left. All they had were shit movie games and an NBA game. All of em lacked cases too. Whack.

#442 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Well I just drive 45 miles to a store which, according to the store locator, had fire emblem, wireless controllers, and some other sought after games. Thought I was about to hit the jackpot.. Got there and it was mostly disc only crap. Ask the clerk about the other stuff I was looking for and he was pretty rude. Oh well. Got some crap that my sisters would probably enjoy so I guess it wasn't for nothing, but still, pretty annoying.

#443 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well I just drive 45 miles to a store which, according to the store locator, had fire emblem, wireless controllers, and some other sought after games. Thought I was about to hit the jackpot.. Got there and it was mostly disc only crap. Ask the clerk about the other stuff I was looking for and he was pretty rude. Oh well. Got some crap that my sisters would probably enjoy so I guess it wasn't for nothing, but still, pretty annoying.

For other people that see stores with stuff far away, do the 'in store' pickup thing. That's how i figured out that the store 45 mins away didn't really have Fire Emblem and Wind Waker, saved myself a long trip.

#444 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

picked up super mario strikers for $2.50 w/ case

#445 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

The one thing that Ive heard from GS employees is shipping cost from out of state transfers comes out of the respective stores bonuses' for that year, which is why you may not be as successful doing it.

I've been told they don't do it anymore because it costs too much, so your answer is probably correct. One store used to get me CEs all the time, but now none of them will do a transfer in my area anymore.

#446 cero5

cero5

Yuno Gasai is one crazy B****

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

i called another GS for transfer (yeah i know alot)
they had skies of arcadia and tales of symphonia now my gc collection is complete

#447 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

picked up super mario strikers for $2.50 w/ case

Great game. I already had this game long ago.

Games people should get,
Killer 7
Timesplitters 2

#448 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

they had skies of arcadia and tales of symphonia now my gc collection is complete

You, my friend just hit the mother load!

Now, there have been problems before due to GS employees forgetting to do the transfer. Are u going to follow up? How is transfer done? I know they write it in a book, but does anyone know if they do it on the computer?

#449 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Damn, lucky you! I've been trying to find Tales forever. Were they disc only or actually complete?

#450 cero5

cero5

Yuno Gasai is one crazy B****

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Damn, lucky you! I've been trying to find Tales forever. Were they disc only or actually complete?

I was so excited i forgot to ask him. they will arrive at my local gs in 4-5 days so ill just have to wait.