- - - - -

Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

• Please log in to reply
1014 replies to this topic

#781 lude21

lude21

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

You could of doubled your money on amazon

Your saying $80 for a disc only resurfaced copy? It looked like they were going for around $60-80 CIB and around 30-40 d.o.
I don't price things at top dollar prices anyway, I set reasonable prices so things sell (hopefully, lol) quick.

@ spamfree2 I tested it , and it loaded up fine and I played it for about 5 minutes with no problems. I fully disclosed that in my ad with no guarantees. I was surprised it sold that quick.

#782 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Your saying $80 for a disc only resurfaced copy? It looked like they were going for around $60-80 CIB and around 30-40 d.o.
I don't price things at top dollar prices anyway, I set reasonable prices so things sell (hopefully, lol) quick.

@ spamfree2 I tested it , and it loaded up fine and I played it for about 5 minutes with no problems. I fully disclosed that in my ad with no guarantees. I was surprised it sold that quick.

That's what it's listed at on Amazon but no telling how long it'll take to sell. Plus, Amazon's fees are higher...

I was able to snag a complete copy for $45 a few months back... crazy how it's going for $40 as disc only.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#783 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Gamecube games are very delicate to resurface anyway, but the terrible methods that gamestop uses usually kill the discs even worse.

It's not worth resurfacing games...I have a pikmin 2 and mario strikers to prove it. bwahhahaaha :cry:

I have a water pick for teeth cleaning and it does wonders removing that residue in the center of reurb discs. Just dont turn it up to 10! I did that once a really crusty 360 disc and it actually forced water half way into the data section. To remove the left over water use some toilet paper to suck it out via capillary action. Stuff a bunch in the hole and watch it suck out.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#784 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Uh. My friend bought Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and inside was onic Adventure DX Director's Cut. lol?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#785 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yay. Looked online last night and saw that a store roughly two hours away had Mario Kart showing in stock. Talked my wife into a road trip, reserved it and just picked it up. Oddly, it was the *only* GameCube game they had. Disc only, but I'll just swap out one of my other copies with a double-disc case. Yay! Now, I only need one more...
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#786 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Apparently windwaker is unavailable everywhere. Oh well one can hope.
So Windwaker HD is like cocaine for my eyes.

#787 cagman2013

cagman2013

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Someone I know gave me their GC games, lots of good stuff too.
MGS, MK DD, Tales, Paper Mario, Mario Golf, Eternal Darkness, Melee, Zoids, Sunshine and a few JP imports (Naruto, One piece and bleach)

edit: forgot RE 0, 1, 2, 3, f zero, and Loz OoT/Master quest.

#788 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Someone I know gave me their GC games, lots of good stuff too.
MGS, MK DD, Tales, Paper Mario, Mario Golf, Eternal Darkness, Melee, Zoids, Sunshine and a few JP imports (Naruto, One piece and bleach)

edit: forgot RE 0, 1, 2, 3, f zero, and Loz OoT/Master quest.

Awesome show us a pic

#789 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

took about 30 games back today for a whopping $27 refund lol

he was like "sooooo... you just dont like them?" after i told him none of them worked

gave up on gamestop but picked up Pokemon Colosseum, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Resident Evil Zero, and a spare gamecube for $20 off craigslist

#790 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Found that the availabilty for pickup@store is useless today.
Collierville Crossin
305 New Byhalia Rd
Ste 104
Collierville, TN 38017
For Smash Brothers Melee and Mario Golf namely. Guess 'all of those were sent to other stores' meant I should have asked for fkstick's Ebay account name.

Not to mention I'm now two for two on 'oh, we have the Gameboy player, but no disc'. Are you people that fucking stupid? Yet again Gamestop backs up my theory that they will take Madden 1978 with a bite taken out of it for some random trade in value.
Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#791 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yay. Looked online last night and saw that a store roughly two hours away had Mario Kart showing in stock. Talked my wife into a road trip, reserved it and just picked it up. Oddly, it was the *only* GameCube game they had. Disc only, but I'll just swap out one of my other copies with a double-disc case. Yay! Now, I only need one more...

Wow.. my wife would be like.. "You wasted 4 hrs of my life for that???" I'd be out in the dog house for sure.

#792 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Wow.. my wife would be like.. "You wasted 4 hrs of my life for that???" I'd be out in the dog house for sure.

lol. My wife's awesome though. Plus, she had a day off and didn't want to just stay home. So, we road trip'd, went out of town, had a nice meal, she got some clothes at the mall. Worked out for everyone. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#793 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Found that the availabilty for pickup@store is useless today.
Collierville Crossin
305 New Byhalia Rd
Ste 104
Collierville, TN 38017
For Smash Brothers Melee and Mario Golf namely. Guess 'all of those were sent to other stores' meant I should have asked for fkstick's Ebay account name.

Not to mention I'm now two for two on 'oh, we have the Gameboy player, but no disc'. Are you people that fucking stupid? Yet again Gamestop backs up my theory that they will take Madden 1978 with a bite taken out of it for some random trade in value.

Yeah, I called that one and pretty much every one in the Memphis area, most didn't have them at all. I nabbed the last of the decent stuff at the one by wolfchase the day the sale started.
Posted Image
I Don't Even - Bad Movie night IRC. Every Wednesday at 10 Eastern/9 Central.

#794 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Not to mention I'm now two for two on 'oh, we have the Gameboy player, but no disc'.

I know this isn't useful to most folks, but if you're inclined to have multiple GameCube/Game Boy Players in your home, you can use a single Game Boy Player disc. Once it loads in one, you can pop it out and load it in the other(s). I've had four running at once while using a single disc. :D

#795 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Cool.. I didn't know that. Now can you hook up 4 GB players together if you have a multilink cable ?

#796 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I think I'm done, except I might pick up a few more cheap ones like 1080 Snowboarding and Godzilla. I got F-Zero and a working Custom Robo. I was going to pick up a few controllers, but I got a sweet Craigslist deal today.

Batsugunner.png

#797 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I got a harvest moon from online today but it looks like they repaired the center of it has this metal mini disk on the center. The game works just found it kind of odd haven't seen one like that before.

#798 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

My local GS has GameCube games but they're all A)disc only and B)shit. Oh well.

uc.png

#799 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Cool.. I didn't know that. Now can you hook up 4 GB players together if you have a multilink cable ?

Yup. Or, you can connect up to four GameCubes (via GameBoy Player) to a fifth GameCube (or Wii) playing a Connectivity title (like Four Swords Adventures).

#800 cobaltD

cobaltD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

need for speed underground back in stock

#801 mariodog

mariodog

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Did they already sell out all the good games, because they haven't been back in stock for a while.

#802 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Did they already sell out all the good games, because they haven't been back in stock for a while.

yes, yes they did, the website u got a 1/7 of it working, and alll are resurfaced badly.

#803 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Sucks to hear that

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#804 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

this was scam of yera i order zleda master quest game and it dont work it say GUARNTEE 2 WORK and wen i retur nit i losed out o nship so they made money... tis is BAIT AND SWTICH BECUS IT SAY IT WORK AND IT DONT THEY DONT TEST THEM WARNED....

You again? Seriously? I'm shocked they didn't ban your IP.

#805 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Went out again today and did pretty damn good. Hit up 3 gamestops and finished the day pretty damn successful.

CIB:
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Donkey Konga 2

Box/disc only:
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Disc only:
Soul Calibur 2
Custom Robo
Baten Kaitos
Sonic Gems Collection

I'll have to coverproject the disc only games, but other than that I'm very happy with today's haul. I'll be going out again tomorrow. Gonna ride this sale for all it's worth.

Also, I should say: I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or what, but every single game I've gotten from this sale plays perfectly and I've tested them all in both the cube and wii. In fact, only one game looked iffy when I bought it (Custom Robo), it had the dirty spindle hole. It plays fine though. Everything else has ranges from good to perfect condition.

#806 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Went out again today and did pretty damn good. Hit up 3 gamestops and finished the day pretty damn successful.

CIB:
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Donkey Konga 2

Box/disc only:
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Disc only:
Soul Calibur 2
Custom Robo
Baten Kaitos
Sonic Gems Collection

I'll have to coverproject the disc only games, but other than that I'm very happy with today's haul. I'll be going out again tomorrow. Gonna ride this sale for all it's worth.

What there are stores in Chicago that have GC stuff? I thought they all shipped them out last year?

#807 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

my 8 games came all disc only as expected. neither smash bros I ordered worked and mario sunshine wasnt recognized as a game. The other ones did work however (though the other ones werent good games lol)...I hope they dont give me problems when I try to return the broken ones to the store...
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#808 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Who let Mushmouth out of the asylum?

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#809 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

What there are stores in Chicago that have GC stuff? I thought they all shipped them out last year?

I hit up the Store at 800 N Kedzie today, as well as the one in Merrionette on West 115th (where I got Custom Robo, but they told me that was their last GC game and only had one controller and one memory card left). The first time I went out, I hit the store somewhat by the United Center but not really? I wish I could remember the street...if you're driving to the UC coming from 55 you have to turn left at one of the intersections before the UC and its down their in a small shopping plaza. The cube games were all in sleeves in a box behind the counter, I had to ask to see them. I'd give you a better idea but I just can't remember the name of that street. It's not a GS I usually ever go to, but it is a pretty nice one.

#810 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I got a harvest moon from online today but it looks like they repaired the center of it has this metal mini disk on the center. The game works just found it kind of odd haven't seen one like that before.

Those are protective stickers they paste on to both sides of the disc to hide cracks the refurb process causes around the spindle area at times. They do that a lot to PS2/Wii titles they refurb. My advice is never take it off if you plan on keeping the disc. It'll likely be an eye sore you don't want to see.