Photo
- - - - -

Jak & Daxter Collection: $15.00 + eligible for FSSS

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just saw this, thought I'd share it for those who missed it during the 2012 GameStop sale. Also, the lack of sales tax for some (Pennsylvania sucks!) will be further incentive:

Jak & Daxter Collection - $15 + eligible for FSSS

#2 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Get it if you havnt already!

#3 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yeah having to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases here in PA sucks... I might order this.

My backlog is so huge though that I'd probably never get around to playing it.

#4 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I've been paying NY sales taxes for a couple of years now - 8.75% - and it actually has cut down a bit on my spending for some whim purchases. Or I just go Newegg.

#5 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thank god I live in Oregon and not in California anymore. Luckily even when I was living in CA AZ didn't charge tax.

#6 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I've been paying NY sales taxes for a couple of years now - 8.75% - and it actually has cut down a bit on my spending for some whim purchases. Or I just go Newegg.

Same here. I actually didn't renew my Prime membership b/c of how much less I've been using the site.

B&M retailers matching the big online guys + Target's awesome Red Card (5% off + free shipping on everything) have both really cut into how much shopping I do w/ Amazon.

#7 TheFirstAvenger

TheFirstAvenger

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

How do these games stack up against the Ratchet and Clank games? I wanted to get the R&C Collection, but have also been curious about the Jak series.

#8 Zincdust

Zincdust

CSI: Portland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ordered, + $11 (& change) Lego Harry Potter Vita for FSSS! Thanks a million, OP!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

How do these games stack up against the Ratchet and Clank games? I wanted to get the R&C Collection, but have also been curious about the Jak series.

They are both great games. Hard to say which one is better. Although I wasn't a big fan of Jak II, but Jak 3 was definitly worth it. While all three R&C titles in the collection are great. I would get both if you can.

#10 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I completely forgot about this one ... 3D to boot! Thanks OP.

#11 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Jak & Daxter - awesome 3D platformer, no guns/weapons, easy platinum trophy

Jak 2 - one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, wouldn't be quite as bad if there were actually check points in the game, completely changed (for the worse) what was good about Jak & Daxter, added guns, took out most of the platforming, added in vehicles and some racing

Jak 3 - better than 2, but too much vehicle and not enough platforming IMO

R&C is better IMO, but the Jak games are still very good. I liked the Sly games the best FWIW.

#12 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Jak 2 - one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, wouldn't be quite as bad if there were actually check points in the game, completely changed (for the worse) what was good about Jak & Daxter, added guns, took out most of the platforming, added in vehicles and some racing

All of this is accurate, actually.

#13 TheFirstAvenger

TheFirstAvenger

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

They are both great games. Hard to say which one is better. Although I wasn't a big fan of Jak II, but Jak 3 was definitly worth it. While all three R&C titles in the collection are great. I would get both if you can.

Jak 2 - one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, wouldn't be quite as bad if there $were actually check points in the game, completely changed (for the worse) what was good about Jak & Daxter, added guns, took out most of the platforming, added in vehicles and some racing

R&C is better IMO, but the Jak games are still very good. $I liked the Sly games the best FWIW.

Thanks for the responses! Looking around online I'm reading mixed reactions to the Jak games whereas nothing but praise for the R&C Collection so I might just go with R&C.

#14 NedHead

NedHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Jak is a mixed bag but still very worthwhile at $15. R&C is better. Sly is even better. You can't go wrong with any of these collections.

#15 TheFirstAvenger

TheFirstAvenger

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Played the Sly Collection last year and loved loved Sly 1. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy 2 and 3 as I found them repetitive and boring. Really excited to get the R&C Collection as I've seen them compared to ACIT and TOD, some of my favorite PS3 games.