Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App: Earn Free Points With Polls and Activities

• Please log in to reply
1364 replies to this topic

#181 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Somewhat wrong. Gift Cards do in fact count towards your total spent (towards silver) you just don't get RZ points for them.

Only buying gift cards counts towards silver(and you get points for buying them). Using gift cards gets you nothing.

#182 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Somewhat wrong. Gift Cards do in fact count towards your total spent (towards silver) you just don't get RZ points for them.

I highly doubt the facebook points will count towards it though, outside of a glitch because technically it views the facebook polls as stuff from the "partner mall" I believe.

I am not sure what gave you that idea, but no that is not correct, using any form of payment that is not a true form of cash (CC/debit card/cash) will get you nothing in terms of RZ points or progress toward premiere silver.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#183 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Cool Cameras Poll is up (1/19)

#184 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

So has there been a poll everyday since 1/9/13?

#185 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Yep.

#186 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Fuck that means I missed 5 or 6 of them.

#187 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I finally got points for one today. That's the first of the five I've taken to actually give me any credit.

#188 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

New poll is up (sharp TVs)

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#189 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

New poll is up (sharp TVs)

In addition, click Ultimate Space and complete the Living Room for an extra 50 points :applause:

#190 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

It's being funny with my points now. The last poll I took, the 25 points disappeared then reappeared. Now my 50 points from the Ultimate Space thing disappeared.

Not complaining - I got enough for a second $5 certificate since they started and I'm well on my way to another. It's just strange my points keep disappearing then reappearing

#191 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

In addition, click Ultimate Space and complete the Living Room for an extra 50 points :applause:

Great find! Thanks!

#192 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

This promo is awesome. Tomorrow I'll get my first $5 certificate 100% via this promo.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#193 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

anyone know how long it usually takes to have points show up for a purchase if you are premeir silver? I know its not too long..is it two weeks?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#194 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Only buying gift cards counts towards silver(and you get points for buying them). Using gift cards gets you nothing.

I am not sure what gave you that idea, but no that is not correct, using any form of payment that is not a true form of cash (CC/debit card/cash) will get you nothing in terms of RZ points or progress toward premiere silver.

Using gift cards does not get your points (this is correct) but you do get progress towards silver. You have to. I came about $100 short of making silver last year and I probably only spent about $40 in cash at Best Buy all year (exaggeration but not by much). Even counting my trade ins (which also work towards your silver) there is no way I got that high without my gift card purchases counting towards silver because it is based entirely on how much you spent; not on the form of payment used. For example, Since December 7th I have spent $12 in cash at Best Buy and that is atypically high (I bought something online when I couldn't use my gift card cause I didn't have it and I bought something for someone else because as silver I got 2 day shipping). If only cash payments counted I would of been at or around $100 towards getting silver again rather than at around $2,400. The same was true the year before when I did get silver and spent about $600 in cash at Best Buy all year.

anyone know how long it usually takes to have points show up for a purchase if you are premier silver? I know its not too long..is it two weeks?

If you mean pending points, usually a day or two. If you mean for the points to process I believe it is still 30 days despite the extended return policy. If you're points aren't showing as pending after 4 business days I'd enter them as missing using your receipt. Course you could check your receipt now to make sure your RZ info is listed on there.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#195 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Using gift cards does not get your points (this is correct) but you do get progress towards silver. You have to. I came about $100 short of making silver last year and I probably only spent about $40 in cash at Best Buy all year (exaggeration but not by much). Even counting my trade ins (which also work towards your silver) there is no way I got that high without my gift card purchases counting towards silver because it is based entirely on how much you spent; not on the form of payment used. For example, Since December 7th I have spent $12 in cash at Best Buy and that is atypically high (I bought something online when I couldn't use my gift card cause I didn't have it and I bought something for someone else because as silver I got 2 day shipping). If only cash payments counted I would of been at or around $100 towards getting silver again rather than at around $2,400. The same was true the year before when I did get silver and spent about $600 in cash at Best Buy all year.

If you mean pending points, usually a day or two. If you mean for the points to process I believe it is still 30 days despite the extended return policy. If you're points aren't showing as pending after 4 business days I'd enter them as missing using your receipt. Course you could check your receipt now to make sure your RZ info is listed on there.

its not 30 days if you have silver status. I know that much. Ive had points show up to my total alot quicker then that. I think its 2 weeks but was just hoping for some confirmation.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#196 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Yeah it's around two weeks for me (silver)

#197 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

FYI, look through the activity feed on the app. Just found a poll for Sharp's TV's I didn't see on the other pages and a new Member's Choice poll called "The Big Game." Also, a new promo to "completely the ultimate living room" that gives 50 points.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#198 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

its not 30 days if you have silver status. I know that much. Ive had points show up to my total alot quicker then that. I think its 2 weeks but was just hoping for some confirmation.

I have points pending from January 2nd so I just assumed it was still 30 days.

#199 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

User Poll - Sharp TVs (1/20/13) - 25 points
Member's Choice - The Big Game - 25 points
Ultimate Space - Living Room - 50 Points (Don't forget to also Enter Sweepstakes - $1,000)

[Point activities on Facebook may take up to 15 minutes to post to your account]

#200 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

User Poll - Sharp TVs (1/20/13) - 25 points
Member's Choice - The Big Game - 25 points
Ultimate Space - Living Room - 50 Points (Don't forget to also Enter Sweepstakes - $1,000)

[Point activities on Facebook may take up to 15 minutes to post to your account]

The patio section in the ultimate space tab starts in 105 days, I guess it's safe to say that these polls may last until then. We'll have to see if they if they cap the points once you reach a certain amount though.

#201 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

If that's true, it only takes $1250 to get to silver. Buy $1250 in gift cards and get $1250 towards silver. Spend those gift cards and get another $1250 towards silver for a total of $2500. I only have 2 purchases this year so far and one was partially paid with a gift card, so I'll see what my meter goes to when they post.

#202 GDark

GDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Question, can I use more than 1 five dollar certificates in 1 transaction instore? I checked their FAQ and could not find the answer. Asking because BB RZ site automatically redeemed my points for 5 dollar certificates so I have 2..

Thanks

#203 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Question, can I use more than 1 five dollar certificates in 1 transaction instore? I checked their FAQ and could not find the answer. Asking because BB RZ site automatically redeemed my points for 5 dollar certificates so I have 2..

Thanks

yes

#204 GDark

GDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Oh nice, thanks.

#205 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hmm...already a new poll, but it only gives 10 points. They usually don't change the poll for another 8 hours though, so I don't know if this is the start of them cutting back

#206 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hmm...already a new poll, but it only gives 10 points. They usually don't change the poll for another 8 hours though, so I don't know if this is the start of them cutting back

I was just about to post this, I was a little disappointed to see 10 points. Curious to see how much the next survey is worth.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#207 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks

I have used 5 separate ones in one transaction (one game as well). I also used a coupon with it as well. The one thing to note is the pre-tax total has to exceed the certificate total used ($10 in certs cannot be used on a $9.99 plus tax purchase).
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#208 GDark

GDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

That's good to know, thanks. I have 90 days before they expire so might wait to get more certificates from this awesome promo before I use them. Hopefully.

#209 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Wow, the 10 point thing is a downer. Can't say I didn't expect a cutback sooner or later though.

The other bonus things (Member's Choice, and The Big Game) were a nice surprise. I'd prefer the 25 daily points, but you can't have your cake and eat it too...

#210 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

any free RZ points are good for me. Already on my way to another $5 cert!